• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem I got Scammed,

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

Recruit
Good day Felix,

I am a victim of a SCAM, which the defrauded Bank
discovered when they called me in for an interview whilst
they thought I was the fraudster.

The fraudsters defrauded a local bank in RSA South Africa
+/- R32 000.00 then managed to transfer it to to another
Bank under my account. I was not aware of the nature of
this transaction up until I received a call from Bank,
where my account is held, alleging that I defrauded them &
I needed to come clear & explain what had transpired.

This scam was done differently to the Nigerian Scam or the
so called 419 Scam, how the usual scams are done whereby
they entice you with an Investment opportunity.

In my case it was a part time job offer scenario which I
had to be an agent of the Company called Cargo-X,
(cargo-x.ws/about.html). If you go
to their link you will see that they are still advertising
vacancies that which when you get involved with them you
end in the same mess that I currently find myself in.

What is different about this is that at the end of the
transaction the supposedly Contractor to this Company end
up having to pay back whoever the SCAMSTERS defrauded. The
end result of the SCAM is the same but presented
differently.

On transacting with these people I was told that we were
testing the capabilities of my contract with them of which
afterwards I would be awarded a contractor but still signed
a contract as a contractor with these people.

Time passed by till I got a call from a bank telling me
that my account & myself had been used to defraud one of
the banks locally.

There is more to this that I cant really put on e-mail. I
created a file with every comunique I had with these people
over the e-mails which the Bank has a copy thereof.

There are now allegations of myself being a fraudster. Of
which I'm nothing that but rather a VICTIM of the
SCAMSTERS.

The impact this has had in my life, career, financially,
emotionally & healthwise has been terrible. I am still busy
dealing with the affected institutions trying to clear out
the incidents & where possible avoid being blacklisted as a
Fraudster as it will have a negative
impact on my career.

Hope this helps the Reuter reporter even though its two
months later. These people are still out there ruiining
people's lives. They are now operating under the new address being in New York whilst the initial on my interaction with them was in Brussels..

Please Help corner these thieves.

Not exactly Forex, but this is still a good scam warning.

For those who aren't familiar with online scams, let me give you a few quick pointers.

1. If someone claims they need your help transferring large amounts of money out of another country and will give you a cut for helping them, it's a scam. There are a thousand variations, but it is always a scam.

2. If someone offers you a job as an international freight forwarder, it's a scam.

3. No matter what the excuse, if someone needs your bank account number and routing numbers, it's a scam. No "online employer" needs this info. They either want to misuse your account (like what happened to Jackal), empty your account, and/or write bad checks against your account. The only exception to this rule is companies where you are trying to set up EFT capability, such as with PayPal and some Forex brokerages.

4. If eBay, PayPal, Amazon, your bank, or anyone else suddenly needs you to "login to verify your security information", it's a scam. Never follow a link from such an email if you have even a tiny trace of a microscopic suspicion that it might be fake.

5. Similarly, beware of sudden, unexpected offers of account upgrades, like "Congratuations! You are now an eBay Gold-Plus PowerSeller - Click here to confirm."

6. Anything that is far too good to be true is very likely to be a scam. Proceed at your own risk and take extreme caution.

Good points there Pharaoh, please also note note that these people are posing as a Forex dealer then rob people of their money.

Another reasoning for posting this is that my incident is one of the many they can use to steal from others. If anybody gets to deal with this company on a Forex level, then be AWARE of this Company called Cargo-X,(http://www.cargo-x.ws/about.html.

Sorry Jackal, I didn't actually check out their website. Thier main page shows that they convert various e-currencies internationally. I guess from there, it's a short step to forex.

This one definitely merits further investigation.

Please keep us informed of how the authorities progress on your end.

Another scam note: There are some good e-currency services out there, but that's also another field that is subject to scams. Just because Billybob's Digital Goldmine claims that all deposits are backed by real bullion in a safe deposit box in Geneva doesn't make it so. Even if it's true, Billybob could always raid the safe deposit box and move to Tahiti.

Contact Cuomo

Jackal,

You should contact Andrew Cuomo, NYS Attorney General. He's tough as nails & certainly should be able to help locate & prosecute these scammers if they are doing "business" in NY. At the very last he could advise you on what legal steps you can take to try & save your reputation.

www DOT oag.state.ny.us

Good luck,

CT^$^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back