1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got sucked in by forex

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by janine barnes, Mar 17, 2010.

1. janine barnes

janine barnes Recruit

Im a single mum unable to work because of a back ingury.When forex rang me they made it sound so great and I thought this could be my chance to make life better for me and my 16 year old daughter. They said I would recieve 10 lessons with a proffessional and it would cost me $4600 all up plus $60 a month to use the site, I was very sceptical because it meant I had to get a loan. They told me they would send me a legal contract stating that I would also recieve help for an additionanal 6 months to help me pay off my loan. I got the 10 lessons followed all the instructions and practised for a few months not doing great but basically making a little bit. I contacted forex several times for help told them I was struggling but got no reply.
    I had started a live account by now with $500 out of my savings and I was loseing money real fast. Im down to $41 in my account now plus I have to pay back this loan. I feel such an idiot and I have been pretty deppressed because I really believed this would change life for me and my daughter. I dont feel they stuck to their side of the agreement.:unhappy:

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Janine,

Never ever ever borrow money to invest or for investment lessons. Anyone who suggests you do so is 99.9999999% likely to be a complete and utter fraud.

I'm not sure what county you are in. It's possible that this company may have violated the rules of the SEC or your local equivalent. Contact the BBB and whatever local authorities you can. Also, post the name and website of these scammers here to warn others about them.

If you paid by credit card, dispute the charges, since they didn't live up to their side of the agreement. Also, contact this company and demand a full refund since the lessons did not meet your expectations. Be warned. They may offer to trade your account for you - for a fee, plus you'll need to add more money to your account. Don't accept that offer, no matter how tempting it sounds.

3. hyper

hyper Corporal

Who is "forex"?

"Forex", short for "Foreign Exchange" or (more technically correct) "Foreign Currency Exchange", is an entire industry consisting of thousands of businesses. An entire industry cannot just "ring" you and talk to you.