I have deposited $20,000 with MaxCFD and would like it back

marilynmadella

Private, 1st Class
My account number is 2111419

On 16/10/2017 I was googling what is Bitcoin. Somehow I ended up on the MaxCFD website ... I thought just to try out buying Bitcoin a bit as an experiment I signed up and bought $500 worth. Literally a minute later I got a call from someone called Max Hudson who welcomed me to Maxcfd. That same afternoon I got a call from their Senior Trader called Chris Rose. A Croatian living in London. He was very polite and informative and told me he would call me the next day to tell me all about Maxcfd and trading.

I was happy to listen and the next day took his call, Before I knew it he had persuaded me to call my bank and I sent him two payments of $10,000 each. This was apparently to buy 4 Bitcoins he had taken it upon himself to reserve for me (post my initial small trade)
He also gave me a whole trading lecture on how he was going to manage my money with 50% in long term, 30% short term and 20% liquidity. He told me he had over 300 very happy clients for which he was making a load of money and that MaxCFD had more than 800,000 clients worldwide including some very large corporates all of whom are very happy with the service they are receiving.
He said MaxCFD is regulated by the LTI.

There and then on 17/10/2017 he got me to buy $2,000 worth of ETHERUM and $2,500 worth of LITECOIN.
He said he wanted to show me how their trading system works and I must just follow his instructions which I (very naively) did. Needless to say I do not know anything about either of these assets and just followed his instructions.

He then posted a $10,000 "bonus" to my account telling me this is standard procedure from MaxCFD to "welcome" new clients. I told him I do not believe in a free lunch but he insisted that the money should just stay there. I thought nothing of it as never imagined I would want it or ever use it anyway.

The next day the ETHEREUM and LITECOIN positions showed up as "expired positions" on my account. My $500 worth of BITCOIN also showed up as as "expired position". I have tried asking what this means and am waiting for a reply.

I now think I know what this means, because Chris Rose got me to trade with him I am now tied in ?

On 18/10/2017 he posted a bonus of $2,000 on my account. Again without my permission and this time without even telling me.

On 18/10/2017 in the morning when I had some time I started googling about Maxcfd and nearly had a heart attack !!!!! If only I had checked this web-site before !!!

I immediately spoke to Chris Rose and explained that there is no way I would progress further with anything until he had set up my Withdrawal system and showed me that it is working.

His compliance team sent me some forms to fill out so that I could make the withdrawal. He told me not to panic as I am allowed to withdraw the full amount form my account whenever I want and everything will be just fine. The paperwork suddenly starts pointing to the MaxCFD terms and conditions which nobody had pointed out and I nearly passed out when I read them!!!!!
Despite that I wanted my money back so I filled in the forms and sent them back.

I put in a request for $500 on 19/10/2017. It shows a status of "approved". From reading the complaints on this website this probably means nothing.

I also e-mailed Chris Rose that same night and told him I wanted all my $20,000 back.

On 19/10/2017 I immediately put in a request for the $20,000 to be withdrawn also.
I assume I will never get this back but I am going to try everything I can to as I cannot just give them $20,000

The same day Chris Rose gave me another one of his trading lectures. He spoke for about 15 minutes about EUR/JPY and what in his opinion made the price move. He was very insistent on using external software to remotely log onto my PC to demonstrate this. Having done this with work colleagues before I did not entirely scare me but had he not have been so pushy and now a bit aggressive I would not have allowed him. Now I think about it I should never have allowed it !!!! Additionally given I have a bit of a financial background his trading explanation was nothing but a smoke screen! for what I am still not sure ....

On 19/10/2017 I e-mailed him again telling him that I am very sorry but I do not want to trade any of his products or trade with him or trade with MaxCFD and all I want to do is close my account and get my $20,000 back !!!

On 20/10/2017 Chris Rose called me now getting agitated and aggressive on the phone and telling me that it is "too late". I have already traded with him and I cannot get my money back.
He insisted that I must now trade my way out of the $20,000 in order to liquidate my account.
When I went to study the terms and conditions this reads
" to withdraw your bonus you will be asked to perform a trading volume of at least 30 times for each $1 bonus" . In my case 30 times $12,000 = $360,000 !!!! I will never in my lifetime have that amount of money so I will not be doing a single trade with Chris Rose and MaxCFD that is for sure!

When I try to phone MaxCFD I get the following message "We are sorry but we cannot handle your call at the moment. This is a temporary fault and will be fixed shortly.
So basically you cannot call them, you have to wait for them to call you.

When I googled the LTI - the body they are apparently regulated by, it does not exist.

When I google Chris Rose at MaxCFD there is no professional profile for him.

Sadly, this all points to one big SCAM !!! I have no idea if they are even based in London, from reading all the posts about them they are definitely not regulated and Chris Rose could be anybody !!

I have obviously put a lock on MaxCFD trying to get money off my card and left 0 balance on my account with no overdraft limit. This means if they try to take any money form me it will be declined but the card will remain active should they try to put money back onto it.

The sad thing about this story is all I wanted to do is buy $500 of bitcoin as an experiment to learn a bit about it. I have ended up being conned out of $20,000 on some "bonus" system that only transpired after I tried to get my money back. TWO bonuses I did not ask for, did not approve and did not even need or want!

Any advice that you can give me on how to approach them to close my account and get my money back would be most appreciated and welcome.

My account number is 2111419

On 16/10/2017 I was googling what is Bitcoin. Somehow I ended up on the MaxCFD website ... I thought just to try out buying Bitcoin a bit as an experiment I signed up and bought $500 worth. Literally a minute later I got a call from someone called Max Hudson who welcomed me to Maxcfd. That same afternoon I got a call from their Senior Trader called Chris Rose. A Croatian living in London. He was very polite and informative and told me he would call me the next day to tell me all about Maxcfd and trading.

I was happy to listen and the next day took his call, Before I knew it he had persuaded me to call my bank and I sent him two payments of $10,000 each. This was apparently to buy 4 Bitcoins he had taken it upon himself to reserve for me (post my initial small trade)
He also gave me a whole trading lecture on how he was going to manage my money with 50% in long term, 30% short term and 20% liquidity. He told me he had over 300 very happy clients for which he was making a load of money and that MaxCFD had more than 800,000 clients worldwide including some very large corporates all of whom are very happy with the service they are receiving.
He said MaxCFD is regulated by the LTI.

There and then on 17/10/2017 he got me to buy $2,000 worth of ETHERUM and $2,500 worth of LITECOIN.
He said he wanted to show me how their trading system works and I must just follow his instructions which I (very naively) did. Needless to say I do not know anything about either of these assets and just followed his instructions.

He then posted a $10,000 "bonus" to my account telling me this is standard procedure from MaxCFD to "welcome" new clients. I told him I do not believe in a free lunch but he insisted that the money should just stay there. I thought nothing of it as never imagined I would want it or ever use it anyway.

The next day the ETHEREUM and LITECOIN positions showed up as "expired positions" on my account. My $500 worth of BITCOIN also showed up as as "expired position". I have tried asking what this means and am waiting for a reply.

I now think I know what this means, because Chris Rose got me to trade with him I am now tied in ?

On 18/10/2017 he posted a bonus of $2,000 on my account. Again without my permission and this time without even telling me.

On 18/10/2017 in the morning when I had some time I started googling about Maxcfd and nearly had a heart attack !!!!! If only I had checked this web-site before !!!

I immediately spoke to Chris Rose and explained that there is no way I would progress further with anything until he had set up my Withdrawal system and showed me that it is working.

His compliance team sent me some forms to fill out so that I could make the withdrawal. He told me not to panic as I am allowed to withdraw the full amount form my account whenever I want and everything will be just fine. The paperwork suddenly starts pointing to the MaxCFD terms and conditions which nobody had pointed out and I nearly passed out when I read them!!!!!
Despite that I wanted my money back so I filled in the forms and sent them back.

I put in a request for $500 on 19/10/2017. It shows a status of "approved". From reading the complaints on this website this probably means nothing.

I also e-mailed Chris Rose that same night and told him I wanted all my $20,000 back.

On 19/10/2017 I immediately put in a request for the $20,000 to be withdrawn also.
I assume I will never get this back but I am going to try everything I can to as I cannot just give them $20,000

The same day Chris Rose gave me another one of his trading lectures. He spoke for about 15 minutes about EUR/JPY and what in his opinion made the price move. He was very insistent on using external software to remotely log onto my PC to demonstrate this. Having done this with work colleagues before I did not entirely scare me but had he not have been so pushy and now a bit aggressive I would not have allowed him. Now I think about it I should never have allowed it !!!! Additionally given I have a bit of a financial background his trading explanation was nothing but a smoke screen! for what I am still not sure ....

On 19/10/2017 I e-mailed him again telling him that I am very sorry but I do not want to trade any of his products or trade with him or trade with MaxCFD and all I want to do is close my account and get my $20,000 back !!!

On 20/10/2017 Chris Rose called me now getting agitated and aggressive on the phone and telling me that it is "too late". I have already traded with him and I cannot get my money back.
He insisted that I must now trade my way out of the $20,000 in order to liquidate my account.
When I went to study the terms and conditions this reads
" to withdraw your bonus you will be asked to perform a trading volume of at least 30 times for each $1 bonus" . In my case 30 times $12,000 = $360,000 !!!! I will never in my lifetime have that amount of money so I will not be doing a single trade with Chris Rose and MaxCFD that is for sure!

When I try to phone MaxCFD I get the following message "We are sorry but we cannot handle your call at the moment. This is a temporary fault and will be fixed shortly.
So basically you cannot call them, you have to wait for them to call you.

When I googled the LTI - the body they are apparently regulated by, it does not exist.

When I google Chris Rose at MaxCFD there is no professional profile for him.

Sadly, this all points to one big SCAM !!! I have no idea if they are even based in London, from reading all the posts about them they are definitely not regulated and Chris Rose could be anybody !!

I have obviously put a lock on MaxCFD trying to get money off my card and left 0 balance on my account with no overdraft limit. This means if they try to take any money form me it will be declined but the card will remain active should they try to put money back onto it.

The sad thing about this story is all I wanted to do is buy $500 of bitcoin as an experiment to learn a bit about it. I have ended up being conned out of $20,000 on some "bonus" system that only transpired after I tried to get my money back. TWO bonuses I did not ask for, did not approve and did not even need or want!

Any advice that you can give me on how to approach them to close my account and get my money back would be most appreciated and welcome.
Two steps that you must follow*

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

2nd - Invite him via Skype or any communications address you have.

If they did not come and reply here then message me I`ll suggest you more steps to get your money back.

They just sent my initial $500 back which was the fist withdrawal I attempted to make so good news that their withdrawal system is working. Hopefully they can now send back my $20,000 in exactly the same way.

The exact same thing happened to me with a website called teramusu.com its like the same people but different names or something I deposited 10 k hoping to get 100 k and he gave me bonus 5 k and he didn’t tell me that there is a trading volume that I must complete untill later I read the paper he made me sign on and now I don’t know what to do so I went to the bank and asked for a refund and said that this is a scam company I won’t rest until you get back my money go check with your bank

Yesterday 24/10/2017 Chris Rose put me through to his Finance Team. I spoke to a man who tried to act like a "go between" between myself and Chris Rose and tried to explain that because Chris Rose had put the $10,000 "leverage" money on my account ... they don't call it "bonus" but "leverage" money that I must now trade with them to liquidate my $20,000 deposit. I again said that there is NO way I am doing a single trade with them ever. They are aggressive and pushy on the phone, still trying to insist that I must trade with them. I NEVER will! Chris Rose was clearly put out that I have been on this web-site reporting them so he has obviously been reading it but not replying on this thread despite my request for him to join.
They say they have recordings of my telephone conversations with them so I have invited them to share them with me.
The finance guy assured me that he would send me an e-mail yesterday regarding my request to withdraw my $20,000.
I am waiting for his e-mail and will post it when I receive it.

Yesterday 27/10/2017 Chris Rose the "Senior Broker" on my account called so that he could put me through to the MaxCFD "Manager of the Finance Department" Robert Klien. I was delighted to finally be speaking to a senior member of staff. Robert Klein spent the most part of our conversation telling me that "I must stop reading the lies and bad things that people post about MaxCFD on-line. It has filled my head with nonsense". Anyway he spoke around and around my case with MaxCFD telling me that he normally only deals with accounts of $200,000 to $2Million ++ but fortunately for me he is willing to look into my dispute with them. The conversation ended on a very positive note with Robert Klein telling me he would e-mail me his contact details with his direct line so that I can easily get hold of him as he will be helping me from now on to resolve my issue. On an even more positive note he told me he will speak to their CEO to see if he can try to "reduce the terms and conditions".

I received this e-mail from him.
His e-mail address came up as Robert Myers NOT Robert Klien and the number is the same number they all seem to have at MaxCFD.
When I try to dial the number, today it appears not to exist, although it has worked in the past few days so maybe it comes and goes? who knows?
The e-mail below from him hardly inspires any confidence either given the nature of our conversation yesterday.

<robertm@maxcfd.com>

548bfcc542122b3e099ce80b517b72b8bcaadee6.png

Robert Klien

My name is Robert Klien, and I am a senior broker at MaxCFD.
I would be more than happy to assist you in your trading, through several account-management options available. I tried calling you but unfortunately couldn't get an answer. If you think you could use my help, just reply to this email and we can schedule another phone call and move things forward.

Regards,

Robert Klien

Senior Broker MaXcfd

Office: +44-203-608-0828

Web: maxcfd.com

Email : RobertM@maxcfd.com

uc

I also received this e-mail today from Elissa in their customer support :

Re: Withdrawal of $20,000 A/C Number 2111419

Dear Marilyn,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please be informed that we have forwarded your request to the upper management.

They will surely do the needful as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,
Elissa
Support Team.

Dear Marilyn,

Warm Regards,
Elissa
Support Team.

Dear Marilyn,

Warm Regards,
Elissa
Support Team.

Back