IC Market Scam Alert!!!

The money was simply ripped away from the client to your convenience it is very apparent that the french election excuse has been a great gift to you there's a huge party going on these days at many brokerages for similar cases if the client was not informed by email or if the email never arrived for whatever purpose he should be entitled to full recompensation the good thing with these incidents is that potential future investors that had you high up on their list are now notified and they can make up their mind the impact for IC Markets in the long term will undoubtedly be high as this thread is here to stay. Best Regards
Ok so after while trying to settle down the issue with them, here is ending. They sent me a screen capture of have-no-idea-who's-MT4 mailbox.
fgj6798789.png

I reply that lets set an appointment, I offer them to use team viewer to check my MT4 mailbox and gmail, if there is none but they still dont believe they can confirm with those service providers if I have ever deleted any. And here is IC Market attitude toward customer:
fgj567658.png
Let me sum it up for you: "we've sent out notification, it reaches you or not we dont give a ****".

Good for you, what about those who did not get any notification or by somehow the notification never can reach them?
Totally agree with you, they should have called or massaged, or used some kind of confirming mechanism. Looking at your trades, they does not look really well. I maybe wrong but i calculated your trades in my head and i think the time you received the margin call, your margin was around 120%???... I think you should ask reimburse of around 2000$ but they are not obligated to pay anything.

Honestly they have every right and i think they did not did any wrong, they did sent warning massages to everyone (i received email and a massage from mt4-don't ignore those msgs), you just went too close to the dangerous territory, anyway if you kept open your positions you probably receive a margin call today (it's atm 113.64)

Plus i see in your photo you have 8 unread massages in mt4, i wounder what are those :D
Here you go, for those who (has authority) doubt that I delete any, feel free to contact MT4 to confirm if I've ever deleted any notification in MT4 mailbox.
If the margin is around 100% there are so many options for me to protect my account i.e. deposit or hedging.
But the issue we are discussing is there is no notification for me to prevent such crucial change from broker, the change that they never done before.
fj678678.png

Here you go, for those who (has authority) doubt that I delete any, feel free to contact MT4 to confirm if I've ever deleted any notification in MT4 mailbox.
If the margin is around 100% there are so many options for me to protect my account i.e. deposit or hedging.
But the issue we are discussing is there is no notification for me to prevent such crucial change from broker, the change that they never done before.
View attachment 31847
Look like you did not got the mail. This does not look like a scam, they done this before with brexit other than that i don't know what to say.

To all traders looking for opinion, feedback, report, to decide to trade with IC Market,

I dont know if USD12843 is alot or nothing to you, but that is the amount of money that I've lost by trusting them, putting them on top of my broker list, and when things happen they denied to take responsibility. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?
- As I know from other traders, they sent the notification about changing leverage in a very short period of time (approximately 2 days).
- They did on purpose use very ineffective way (in term of how urgent the information is) of communication, and giving very limited time to inform clients about such important information that will affect clients accounts.
- They denied taking responsibility, repeatedly saying nothing wrong from their side, there is no fault from IC Market.
- As the consequence of using such communication method, there are some traders who get the notification, and there are some who do not.
- Those who do not receive the message, has zero preparation for it, thus it is very dangerous for such major factor change in trading.

As @Darshana Guruge mentioned early, you are right my margin that time around 120%, but that is not the case to discuss. I DID NOT get any notification from IC Market, to make things clear I've offered them to check using real time solution but they denied and rejected the offer. As they claimed "nothing wrong from our side", couldn't be able to deliver the important message to clients before IC Market do the thing that potentially blow off client's account, is nothing wrong?

Look at general picture, can you smell somethings fishy? I will leave the judge to you.

From my side, now I'm trying to gather all available evidences and send directly to their regulator.
Any other suggestions or advice for this case to fight against broker doing tricks to traders is highly appreciated.
If you know other popular forum, blog, social network group about forex, please leave a comment.

Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns, questions regarding to IC Market and its unethical behavior in this case, my email: liam.nguyen.95@gmail.com
dfgfh567.png

Ok, i looked at your case again and found something interesting, I received the massage at 16:03 / 2017.05.03, In your mt4 photo i see a new registration at 14:01 / 2017.05.04, So assuming that's the mt4 account you used to threw away $12k, You registered after their mail.... You registered your first account account 2017.03.22 i don't know you used it or simply abandoned it. You might need to see that account received any massages.

You started using mt4 new account hours after they sent mails, so obviously you don't see it in mt4

For Email , They might removed you from their contact list if you stayed inactive till 2nd registration, i think this is what happened ......(but it might went to spam folder or promo page or simply lost,try to ask gmail to give all info, this might help you)

So here, There were no way you can see the mail they sent. Can you build a case on that? I don't know.

PS
I can't help so thought just to write this, everything down here just a personal opinion.
You registered a account, put money and immediately risked more than half the account, you have 2.6 lots sold around 108.40 usd/jpy, and price went over 112.40 before the margin call, thats 400 pips in to the wrong direction. 2.6 lots = 1 pip = $26x400 = $10400 ... You already bit into big chunk of your $12k , your swap fee $233 plus $10400 = $10633 so even you win you might not get the full amount... I'm really sorry you lost your money, best of luck with your case against them.

Ok, i looked at your case again and found something interesting, I received the massage at 16:03 / 2017.05.03, In your mt4 photo i see a new registration at 14:01 / 2017.05.04, So assuming that's the mt4 account you used to threw away $12k, You registered after their mail.... You registered your first account account 2017.03.22 i don't know you used it or simply abandoned it. You might need to see that account received any massages.

You started using mt4 new account hours after they sent mails, so obviously you don't see it in mt4

For Email , They might removed you from their contact list if you stayed inactive till 2nd registration, i think this is what happened ......(but it might went to spam folder or promo page or simply lost,try to ask gmail to give all info, this might help you)

So here, There were no way you can see the mail they sent. Can you build a case on that? I don't know.

PS
I can't help so thought just to write this, everything down here just a personal opinion.
You registered a account, put money and immediately risked more than half the account, you have 2.6 lots sold around 108.40 usd/jpy, and price went over 112.40 before the margin call, thats 400 pips in to the wrong direction. 2.6 lots = 1 pip = $26x400 = $10400 ... You already bit into big chunk of your $12k , your swap fee $233 plus $10400 = $10633 so even you win you might not get the full amount... I'm really sorry you lost your money, best of luck with your case against them.
Read again and again all of your replies, just make me see clearly who am I talking to. No doubt I-see-bucketshop pay alot to protect them from being revealed as unethical business. Tell your boss to save it, because soon the term "I-see-bucketshop" will even can be found in dictionary, to describe such kind of business.
If you are not, but please delete your last comment so all traders pass by this topic wont be distracted by your unusual large front size comment ;) your concern about my 2 notifications about registration I will soon answer it once I arrive home.

Read again and again all of your replies, just make me see clearly who am I talking to. No doubt I-see-bucketshop pay alot to protect them from being revealed as unethical business. Tell your boss to save it, because soon the term "I-see-bucketshop" will even can be found in dictionary, to describe such kind of business.
If you are not, but please delete your last comment so all traders pass by this topic wont be distracted by your unusual large front size comment ;) your concern about my 2 notifications about registration I will soon answer it once I arrive home.
:D they does not pay me anything, use them only to test run accounts, i hate demo accounts, my prime broker is Fineco, bank down the street.... I'm a rational thinker, you my friend is very "Intelligent" human being, lost 400pips days after you deposited, panicked and opened 10-20 gap positions, let the lost positions run well over 50% of your account, by the time margin call happened your positions ate more than $10400 from your $12k. It's too easy to blame others. I'm not gonna waste more time with you, i tried to help but now i don't care.

Back