IC Markets scammed me today

Lan Pham

Recruit
I would like to file this case. I have an account with IC Markets. I was selling De30 from 11468, sl at 11500 from Friday last week which is Dec 31st. Jan 2nd they were closed while other brokers like pepperstones was opened . So i couldn't tp the order. Last night at Frankfurt closing time de30 closed at 11587. This morning Jan 3rd Vietnam time 8 am Ic Market put me at sl at 11587 which is clearly ignore my sl at 11500.

I was supposed to lose at 32 points only. But they want to take the whole points from my entry price to the current price and this is not slippage. The market was running yesterday and ic markets were close. But now the market de30 is not opened yet and they already pretended its slippage to take my money from 11468 to 11587 - 124 points instead of 32 points.

I am talking to them to solve the case but no answer from them yet. Can someone help me to file this case to them?

Thanks

Lan

Attachments

• image1.PNG
    image1.PNG
    132.1 KB · Views: 10
The bad news is that Traders Court only deals with problems associated with currency prices. Of course, you can still leave a shiny 1 star review and also send the link to this thread to every address you can find for IC Markets. Ask them to come here and explain what happened.

I would like to file this case. I have an account with IC Markets. I was selling De30 from 11468, sl at 11500 from Friday last week which is Dec 31st. Jan 2nd they were closed while other brokers like pepperstones was opened . So i couldn't tp the order. Last night at Frankfurt closing time de30 closed at 11587. This morning Jan 3rd Vietnam time 8 am Ic Market put me at sl at 11587 which is clearly ignore my sl at 11500.

I was supposed to lose at 32 points only. But they want to take the whole points from my entry price to the current price and this is not slippage. The market was running yesterday and ic markets were close. But now the market de30 is not opened yet and they already pretended its slippage to take my money from 11468 to 11587 - 124 points instead of 32 points.

I am talking to them to solve the case but no answer from them yet. Can someone help me to file this case to them?

Thanks

Lan

Few steps that you must follow to draw their attention to your issue,
Follow the suggested steps below:

If you deposited your money via credit card then contact the credit card customer care asap and ask them to file a chargeback.
Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat
Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

You will find their email and address https://www.icmarkets.com/client-area/contact-us/
Also, Share your story as a review https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/8264/www.icmarkets.com

You can also share your story on their social media pages mentioned below:

https://www.facebook.com/icmarkets

(Click on more and you will find write review option there)

https://twitter.com/IC_Markets

https://plus.google.com/+Icmarketsforex

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICMarkets

Note: Don’t forget to update your review/s when you got solution of your problem, Best Of Luck :)

@Lan Pham
can you provide a different screenshot with a chart if possible showing where you should have exited. And another screenshot of at least 1 or 2 other brokers that was streaming De30 prices at the time IC markets was closed? 1 min or 5 min chart might be ok, make sure it includes dec 31st 2016 - Jan 3rd 2017

The bad news is that Traders Court only deals with problems associated with currency prices. Of course, you can still leave a shiny 1 star review and also send the link to this thread to every address you can find for IC Markets. Ask them to come here and explain what happened.
Really? I would think anything that is streamed through the platform where you can prove that you buy/sell at a certain price qualifies.

Yes, really. Just because something is streamed through the same platform doesn't give the FPA the levels of information needed to evaluate price action on all possible tradable instruments. Also, since you are talking about the platform, are you ready to tell people who trade on some broker-specific platform that the FPA can't help them since they aren't using MT4/5, CTrader, or some other well known platform?

Binary gambling on currency only barely made it in under the wire by convincing so many people they were "trading" forex.

Are you personally ready to evaluate a gap in Wheat Futures? How about the DE30? Do you personally know how market open affects it? What about after-hours trading of NYSE stocks? How about OTC stocks? Copper contracts? Ready to step up to the plate on all the finer details of trading them?

Where would it end? Only trading, or would it extend to all forms of investment? Mortgage contracts? Roth IRAs? How about online gambling like sports betting (involves many of the same people behind the scenes as forex and binary options)? Maybe the FPA should also investigate unlawful lending practices too? Mission creep is an ugly thing. There is no end to how far it extends once you start linking in things outside the primary scope of the mission.

AsstMod put in the "forex-only" rule is that this is the Forex Peace Army. If Traders Court is opened to every type of trading, there we'd all be trying to vote on problems with stock brokers, options (real, not binary) brokers, metal dealers, etc., etc. Are there enough FPA members out there who can make an evaluation of what is normal, unusual, or plain scam on a huge variety of non-forex products to make any vote on the subject meaningful?

I suspect that Lan Pham may very well have been screwed over by his broker, but I don't have enough data on most non-forex trading instruments to make a Guilty/Not Guilty call.

@Lan Pham
can you provide a different screenshot with a chart if possible showing where you should have exited. And another screenshot of at least 1 or 2 other brokers that was streaming De30 prices at the time IC markets was closed? 1 min or 5 min chart might be ok, make sure it includes dec 31st 2016 - Jan 3rd 2017

@Lan Pham

Have you submitted a complaint to ICMarkets compliance department? Do this now without delay. It's as simple as writing an email to their compliance department (email should be on their contact us page and/or in the PDS). State what actually happened and what should have happened, along with conclusive evidence (statements, screenshots, etc).

After about 2 weeks after submitting the complaint to IC Markets, if you do not get a satisfactory response, submit a misconduct report to ASIC [click on 'Report Misconduct Now']. This is separate from the FOS (ombudsman). You don't want to wait 6 months or a year to do it.

Thks all for your advice . It's really helpful . So I finally got answer from the ic markets and we came to an agreeable solutions. Best regards

Back