Complaint by a multi - IC MARKETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys, we're still waiting for the broker to accept the invitation
thanks, i have read some of the reviews in the link you provided, i guess it's always safer to try those with 4 to 5 stars
but even for those 4 to 5 stars, we have to be prepared they may have problems too, just that the problems may be less severe than those with 2 to 3 stars.
yes 4 to 5 star at least more save compare those only 2 to 3 star.

invite-fpac.png
The FPA invited the Company to update this discussion on Feb 12, 2020 at 11:17 AM

Hi. I'm in the process of opening an account with this broker, because of the low spread and also because it is the single most popular broker here in FPA (first on the list). This thread worries me, but it seems quite an isolated case, isn't it? Are there any other cases with proof of misbehaviour from this broker?
Thank you.

...... This thread worries me, but it seems quite an isolated case, isn't it? Are there any other cases with proof of misbehaviour from this broker?
Thank you.

you can use the search button at the top left "IC markets" and/or "ICmarkets" or whomever you want to search for.

I recommend that you review this article.

You should check the underlying business model of the forex broker first (i.e. how do they profit). The scam alert folder would be more empty if more victims did this first. Most retail traders do NOT know how to do this. And this ignorance keeps FPA forums quite busy.

Hi. I'm in the process of opening an account with this broker, because of the low spread and also because it is the single most popular broker here in FPA (first on the list)....

You mean this list?

Perhaps @FPA Forums Team can elaborate on how they calculate "popularity".

I guess this list doesn't take into account all the settlements with signed NDAs. And the fact that they removed all references to being a "True ECN" from their website.

Anyway, all trading decisions should be your own.

Last edited:
Vanessa, I just read your case here. This topic is already several month old and still not settled? The seat of IC Markets in Cyprus seems to be a new one (oct 2018). But I may be wrong. I have no deeper knowledge about this company. But their business model seems to be making money from the illusion of trading the forex market.
I am out of the financial industry for 5 years now (I am from Zurich, Switzerland). I was not aware how many retail traders are out there today trading forex. I found the following sites: ForexFactory, Babypips, Forexpeacearmy... Folks are really creative. What comes next? I am getting old :)
Did you contact and asked for advise at ASIC or what kind of action did you take besides posting on this website and ?
And forgive me my arrogance: As I understand your deposit is in Australia and you are from Italy, I have not the right to ask if you really understand the risk by doing this. Australia is poorly regulated, this is well known. Their banking system is horrible. I hope I do not insult Aussies here, always nice to have a beer with them.

Hope everything plays out well for you.
Hello, do you know a well-regulated broker who will provide 1:100,1:200 leverage for Candian clients?

Hello, do you know a well-regulated broker who will provide 1:100,1:200 leverage for Candian clients?

This is the scam alerts folder. There is a Forex Company Comparisons folder that you can browse or post a new thread.

For more information, please read this thread:

and also look at

Please refrain from cross-posting in multiple, non-related threads.

Absolutely correct you don’t have to answer me.
I would how ever look in the mirror when it comes to problems with your trading and not place blame on the broker. Your screen shot shows enough to anyone that you shouldn’t be trading live.
You are generally quite well spoken, and from your scent, I get a sniff of IC Markets the more you write.

Hi Vanessa,
I'm sorry about your loss . I tried to contact you on my thread. "Traders who lost money unfairly by ICmarket" but unfortunately did not hear from you.
I'm on the same boat as you . Wondering if you have any evidences about their misconduct if later we wanted run a legal proceeding. currently there are 4 of us .I'm still waiting for more victims to join our thread.
Cheers.

I've honestly never had a problem with them but then I'm small fry compared to the numbers mentioned in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back