• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem IC Markets

I am having an issue with a company

SongeMbalo

Recruit
Over the past month, I'm very disappointed with IC Markets.

1. Waited over a long period of time for a $6900 withdrawal I made. And to my surprise when I pushed the accounts team, they had lied, but only processed my request, literally 10 days after they had said they'd done it

2. This week they closed two of my trades and now those two trades have hit TP.

3. I sent multiple emails, spoke to chat, to no avail. Only being told they're investigating, yet I'm still losing revenue time as a USDCAD trade I would've taken has now left me.

No man, I'm no longer happy here. Please think twice before you use IC Markets

1. Waited over a long period of time for a $6900 withdrawal I made. And to my surprise when I pushed the accounts team, they had lied, but only processed my request, literally 10 days after they had said they'd done it

3. I sent multiple emails, spoke to chat, to no avail. Only being told they're investigating, yet I'm still losing revenue time as a USDCAD trade I would've taken has now left me.

First of all, invite the company by using the invite company option to your thread. And if you are unable to locate the option then this thread "Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread." will help you to find out.

Note: If you are new to FPA then invitation button will be enabled when your first post reaches 4 days old.

Till then follow the below-suggested options to draw their attention on your issue

If you deposited your money via credit card then contact the credit card customer care asap and ask them to file a chargeback.
Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat
Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

You will find their email and address https://www.icmarkets.com/client-area/contact-us/
Also, Share your story as a review https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/8264/www.icmarkets.com

You can also share your story on their social media pages mentioned below:

https://www.facebook.com/icmarkets

(Click on more and you will find write review option there)

https://twitter.com/IC_Markets

https://plus.google.com/+Icmarketsforex

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICMarkets

Note: Don’t forget to update your review/s when you got solution of your problem, Best Of Luck :)

1. Waited over a long period of time for a $6900 withdrawal I made. And to my surprise when I pushed the accounts team, they had lied, but only processed my request, literally 10 days after they had said they'd done it.

1a) Did you get paid yet?
1b) how did you withdraw? (bank wire, credit card refund, local deposit option, paypal, neteller, etc)
1c) can you request the swift wire bank confirmation or credit card refund confirmation?
1d) what country is the bank or credit card located in; or if payment processor, which country was it opened in?

2) do you have screenshot of the original withdrawal request? If you don't have email confirmation with complete details, your secure login should have history of the request.

3) the copy of the email where they said they processed the withdraw.

4) [optional] Is this all profits? We don't have a sum of the total deposits made without account history.

5) Can you submit journal logs for when you entered these trades, any modifications to these trades (TP/SL)

6a) The account history that shows the entry date timestamp, TP/SL, and close date timestamp for these two requests.

6b) The account history that shows the withdraw request above

7) Have you made any other withdrawals from this account or other accounts at IC Markets successfully?

8) I also recommend reading this post to get a better understanding of how to gather evidence: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/ic-markets.59108/page-6#post-334518

9) If you know of other people who are experiencing this issue, can you send them here? (they must start their own separate scam alert thread)

10) Don't forget after this thread is 96 hours old, you can formally invite the company with the invite tool. Directions here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/comm...how-to-invite-a-company-to-your-thread.58438/

Last edited:
1. Yes I got paid, on the 19/03/2019
*credit card refund
*based in South Africa

2. Screenshots attached

3. Screenshot attached

4. The withdrawal was profits made

5. Attached

6. Attached

7. Yes I have and they always taken 3-5 business days

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-52-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-52-17.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2019-03-19-09-53-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-19-09-53-46.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-51-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-51-26.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-50-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-31-14-50-28.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 3
Good records. Someone has been paying attention.

With a credit card refund, I thought that only up to the original deposit amount can be refunded to credit card. Anything over that must be paid via a different channel (e.g. wire transfer)?? I guess that is good that you can get refunded profits to credit card also.

Anyway, it is good that you got your funds :) Although it would be good if they could be clear on when the refund was actually initiated. It looks like the 11 Mar 2019 which could be considered 12 Mar 2019 as the first business day if it is after the cutoff time. Why they waited until 16th to actually initiate the refund, I have no idea. Can @IC Markets clarify this?

Now the 2nd issue is about trades that closed themselves.

Were you stopped out because of insufficient margin/equity? Or you just logged in and saw that the open trades had been closed out?

The mobile platform....is there a "journal" that records each connection and trade-related function between the app and the trading server? The desktop version is easier to record in this way. This is a little tricker to prove with mobile version.

01 may 2019 FOMC 7 PM UK time ...ICMARKET Broker freezes my real account during FOMC making sure I am in loss just before its open again ,, .demo working fine

I've had the same issues once my trades where over 15% pos of equity they'd shut them on me.. I've also caught them slipping my risk ea and not closing my losses.. Wednesday my feed was frozen ‍♂️

01 may 2019 FOMC 7 PM UK time ...ICMARKET Broker freezes my real account during FOMC making sure I am in loss just before its open again ,, .demo working fine

I've had the same issues once my trades where over 15% pos of equity they'd shut them on me.. I've also caught them slipping my risk ea and not closing my losses.. Wednesday my feed was frozen ‍♂️

Again, as @FxMaster pointed out, please open your own independent scam alerts thread and submit evidence of wrongdoing there.

fpa-screenshot-create-new-thread-button-png.42337

Each complainant must have their own thread to keep the scam alerts organized for new trader's court rules (even the old traders court required a separate scam alert).

Last edited:
Back