• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ICMarkets.com (International Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
If you look through the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), you see that ICM is clearly not a market maker; the only positions it takes that can be construed as 'opposed' to the client are hedges to protect itself from risk which are done on a 1:1 basis, so there is no conflict of interest. Further, in section 4.5 of the PDS it explicitly says that ICM does not seek to make a market or speculate.

That all said, it appears that spread increases which arise during volatility are due entirely to the liquidity providers and their natural underlying bid/ask rates and liquidity.

Do I live in another dimension? Their MT4 sucks, it's the slowest execution i've seen in an MT4, and probably not an NDD...

I have been trading with them for 3 months now now and I am pretty happy. Their deposit and withdrawal times are fast and their Metatrader 4 platform is Awesome with the pre installed one-clicker module. The spreads are also the best in Australia, you can see this on FX Intelligence | Your Source for Forex Broker Comparisons

Highly recommended broker, from me anyway !!

Do I live in another dimension? Their MT4 sucks, it's the slowest execution i've seen in an MT4, and probably not an NDD...

Hi Doji,

Could you be more specific as to your execution times? Do you have a VPS in place? If so, which one? If not, where are your orders being sent from? I have not experienced any execution issues with an NY CNS VPS crosslinked to their NY data centre.

As for them not being NDD, the Product and Disclosure statement is very clear that they do not make markets or take counterparty positions against their clients.

Note that IC Markets has begun to monitor this thread and is looking for quality feedback, so let loose with what you love, hate and wish were improved about the broker; it's all good as long as it's honest!

Some good news for clients of IC Markets and Global Prime; direct fund transfers between these two brokers is now available:

"IC Markets & Global Prime have come to a mutual agreement to allow fund transfers between both brokers. If you are a Global Prime client and would like to transfer funds across to IC Markets you can do so. If you are an IC Markets client and would like to transfer funds to Global Prime you can also do so. You'll still need to meet the conditions of both brokers to facilitate a B2B transfer - please speak to Global Prime or IC Markets if you require assistance with transferring funds between brokers."

Hi Angus,

Thank you for your fast respond after see my post in FPA, actually that's the truth about your company (so many users in ICM feel like i feel and prove in forum FPA).And i dont want to remove it !!!!

1. Worst slippage (Open/Close, Stop Loss etc) jumping 30-40 pips?
2. Lets talk about Margin Call, your system not even protect our account from minus???LOL
you think i will pay my -154USD to you,ridiculuos. This think will make your many customers run away from your company i bet for this (i guarantee).
3. If we talk about money game i know so many scam in system (MT4) but this is worse i think, i mean your company. If our condition WIN i think your system not bad (sometimes offline, freeze like **** ), but if we "LOSE" lol you (ICM) eat our money twice than we think...until die until debt...funny but sadly :)

last say to me,if you will making detailed response in my opinion in FPA go with it, i dont care too, go with a good detailed to subcribe anything..go for it my brother.

Regards

Herry Chendana

Hi Herry,

We have seen the post you have made in FPA and are kindly requesting that you remove it and or update it to show the correct information. You are welcome to leave it as is, however, I will be making a detailed response to it and disclosing trading data in the process.

Kind regards,

Angus Walker | Head of Trading Desk | IC Markets

Last edited:
TBH Herry, Angus' response seemed to be a fair and comprehensive breakdown of your situation to me; what happened in your case didn't appear to be due to specific failings of the broker so much as a combination of overleveraging and high seasonal/news based volatility. Though the outcome was truly unfortunate, I don't feel it's fair to blame ICM in this instance.

Fair...lol..fair for you (ICM), not fair for trader :)

but nevermind, i dont use this broker again...so whatever they clarify...like i said..i dont care :)

Note that IC Markets has begun to monitor this thread and is looking for quality feedback, so let loose with what you love, hate and wish were improved about the broker; it's all good as long as it's honest!

Hi, just my 2 cents,
I have been trading a DEMO account with this brokerage and I was wondering if many people experience what is called "variation trades" placed in their live accounts, I was looking forward to going live until I experienced this in my demo on 2013-10-25 and that is what kept me at my current brokerage. I have never come across this before. I can see a post left by Richard from Sydney Australia on 2013-11-1 in the review forum of having a $500 loss because of this so called "Variation", anybody else getting these?

I contacted their support and they sent an explanation that did not make sense to me, I will copy and past it here;

"The query regarding Variation –
The ‘Variation’ transactions have occurred on your account as a result of a different swap calculation setting being enabled on certain currency pairs. This occurred instead of the normal swap credit/debit being visible on the position after the rollover today at 23:59:59 platform time.
What is variation?
During the rollover process the profit of all trade positions for a symbol is recalculated using the current prices, after which the financial result of a position (floating profit + swap) is added or deducted from a client's account in a separate balance operation. After that the position profit and swap are cleared, and the position open price is set equal to the current market price.

This simply means that the position is not closed and reopened, it is simply marked to market and any open P/L + swap is debited or credited with the reference ‘variation’. Overall this does not have an effect on your account balance as it is just a mode of calculation.
This setting has now been disabled ( as you would have noticed that subsequent trades did not have ‘variation’ calculations) and will not be used in the future. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you."

The bit about not effecting account balance is what puzzles me, I had two trades open in drawdown, 1std lot and a .5std lot which were closed out for a losses one for Euro1700 loss and Euro500 on the other, and then automatically two equal size trades opened at the close price, in which I closed one some time later for near breakeven and left the .5 lot trade run until it came back into profit of around Euro400. And another thing is "This setting has now been disabled" so is it enabled when one is live, which is a scary thought! I should have followed it up with support but since I am live with another broker and this was just a demo I did not, but still looking to find a new brokerage.

Just wondering is this common with this Brokerage, I like everything else about them, well except the larger spreads that happen on the day changeover on gold, which could be avoided by not having placed pending orders before changeover and closing positions, besides that would have gone live but this scared me off!

Attachments

• Variation trade ICMarket.jpg
    Variation trade ICMarket.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 33
Back