If you have one hour a day...

For serious Forex trading, one hour per day is not enough. But if you're really limited in time, buying signals or coping orders might be a solution, but in my opinion, it's not really trading.

It is very short period that can limit a trader to do trading in hurry. Trading can be done in just minutes but prior reading market watch and analysis is important . It take some time to get right trend of market then you can do your trading in short time.

Forex is not an easy job but it has some features which repeat themselves many times. Forex trading market is divided into different sessions so if you want to do trading for a shorter time then you should trade in any one these sessions say Asian, European, Sydney, etc.

If you only have one hour for trading, in your place I'd probably settle on scalping, because in case of long-term trading it usually takes you really long before you find a good market-entry.

That's true, but once he does find a market entry then overseeing the position will take less than that hour per day.

1 hour a day is ok for longer term swing trading.
Draw up your charts and then set alerts on trading view when a price hits your entry point.

One hour us definitely not enough, it would be ok if you are super professional trader, if you are new it is won’t be easy to know how to concentrate on the things you need. Also you need to have at least another hour just to make an analysis. Also tried to focus only on midterm trades.

One hour maybe only for scalping if choose moment right time where market movement very volatile, this is enough to make decent profit with scalping, but indeed not easy trading one hour, if a timing is not good, and already enter on the wrong session, will possible facing floating too long time because not yet reach target

Yeah, I think one hour will force you into rushing and making trades you wouldn't normally make

Good day everyone.

I found that in forex, events happen at random times during the day. Opportunities and dangers come and go anytime throughout the day. However, I won't be able to look at the charts the whole day, and be there the moment they arise. I've got one hour a day to spend on forex. It should be possible to still successfully trade forex by spending only one hour a day.

So, how does one spend the one hour?

What kind of trading styles should be looked at?
What range of timeframes is recommended for one hour a day?
In what range of timeframes can you learn something new everyday?
What range of timeframes are the least risky?

For me, I would focus on higher time frames 4hr/daily charts. I believe they are also less risky if you have good analysis.
I would also, probably suggest you do not try and cover every pair in one hour. Maybe stick to the majors or your favourite pairs for trading if you have any.
Also, if you charts are set-up you will be ever evolving with them each day, so not starting from scratch each day and no exactly what you are looking at them for your entry confirmation.

Back