• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info on broker: BankDirectFX

Ryan,

Can you please tell us since when PrimefundFX has had a live trading account with your firm. On myfxbook they have 3 years of history - can you confirm that they have had an account with you for the past 3 years?

Thanks

All of the information requested about BankDirectFX has been privately furnished to Donna from DonnaForex.

She has confirmed the legitimacy of our brokerage. You can read about it here:

BDFX Confirmed Legitimate

Nice try, but it does not answer my question at all. Donna states that she has confirmed that your brokerage has documentation of a connection to at least one LP and follows KYC procedures. She says nothing about regulation or why you have deliberately set up the company in a country that you say does not regulate forex.

For the 3rd time, I am asking "Considering that it's easy to set up in any number of places, why is BDFX set up in a country that you say does not regulate forex?"

I will consider ignoring or evading the question for a 3rd time as convincing evidence that Ryan and BDFX really don't want traders to know the answer to this question.

I don't really think this is much concern to most people because so many countries have strange regulatory items. Finland, Norway, and many other EU countries don't have regulation on FOREX while Belize and Seychelles does. Would you rather have your money in Norway or Seychelles. :O

I'm really big on diversifying brokers myself. (I use IG, Alpari, and now BD FX)

MF Global and PF Best were both BIG, Very REGULATED FX and Futures brokerages that stole millions from clients.

There is no way to trust any broker in reality guys. BDFX has been good to me but I have been with them short time.

Remember - USA, UK, Belgium, Swiss, Italia, or Nigeria.... any could be bad. Best thing to do is read FPA Reviews from the REAL clients and look for THEMES.. consistent good/bad reviews of brokers.

Happy trades everyone! :)

Like Ann, I also got sucked in by James at PrivateFXManaged. They were trading a $3000.00 account for me. Over a period of just over one month the account was in profit of about 15% until the 19th July when all hell broke loose. During that day they performed about 65 trades. Each trade opened and closed usually in less than a minute and the lot sizes were massive for most of the trades. By the time I had got up and switched on my computer the damage had been done and the account was practically totally drained. I also received from James a very similar apologetic letter (almost word for word) to the one that Ann received.
So be careful and please steer well clear of PrivateFXManaged. They are an absolute scam.
I also have since received an email from Lukas Ellison of PrimeFundFX. It all looks eerily similar to PrivateFXManaged, even the 15% performance fee is the same. My advice is be very wary.

The last time I checked, Finland did have regulation for forex brokers. So do a lot of other countries.

I am wondering why Ryan doesn't seem to want to answer my question.

Nice try, but it does not answer my question at all.

My post wasn’t in response to your question. It was posted as a courtesy to the questions posed in weeks past within this thread as people have been waiting for Donna to confirm our legitimate existence.

I’m not sure why you feel it necessary to take such an adversarial tone with your questioning. I was kind enough to take the time to furnish documentation to Donna in order to address the important questions of forum members. Given the fact that we never came here asking for anyone’s business, I didn’t really need to do that. I did it anyway as a courtesy.

If you can point out another brokerage which has done this on the public forum, I would be interested to know. I think I’ve been quite accommodating, despite how I’ve been treated.
If it’s not appreciated, I will stop participating in this thread. If you’re unable to extend a minimum level of courtesy in your future communications with me, I will also stop participating.

The last time I checked, Finland did have regulation for forex broker

Finland was unregulated until 3 months ago. As previously stated, FinFX formed a brokerage in an unregulated jurisdiction and operated as such for 3 years. Of course, they were attacked in similar fashion as you are attacking BDFX today. They proved everyone wrong, and we intend to do the same.

Many, many well-respected brokers, like CFH Markets, purposefully establish a framework which avoids regulation. For example, CFH only accepts ECPs, and thus, operates under exemption of the UK FSA. They purposefully do not accept certain clients in order to avoid the burden of regulation.

As I’ve previously explained, BDFX was a private broker operating similarly to CFH Markets until this year. We were established in 2009 and offered institutional quality liquidity to private traders and Fund Managers otherwise unavailable on the MT4 platform at the time.

We have chosen Belgium as our current jurisdiction in order to immediately offer our services to retail clients, without delay and further expense, as we undertake efforts to identify a more appropriate long-term jurisdiction.
Launching a retail brokerage is expensive and time consuming. Also, most regulated jurisdictions won’t issue a license for anywhere from 12-24 months. We aren’t interested in sitting idle during that period, and have launched to retail traders from Belgium in the interim.

There’s really only a few jurisdictions on earth that are even remotely respectable in terms of regulation which will actually grant a license these days:

(1) UK (FSA) – Extremely difficult to get a license as a new broker. Could take well over a year.
(2) Australia (ASIC) – Requires an Australian resident as director; none of our shareholders or directors are Australian.

Germany and Switzerland require you to obtain a banking license, and NFA is no longer issuing RFED licenses in the US.

We could have obtained a quick license in some nonsense jurisdiction like BVI, Cyprus, Belize, etc (like many other “regulated” brokers) but feel that is less respectable than actually sitting in a well-respected international city like Brussels, Belgium.

We’ve recognized a climate where many of the more clever and seasoned self-directed traders recognize that regulation is overrated, and that regulated firms are capable to steal their funds in much the same manner as unregulated companies. We understand there aren’t many of those at FPA, and never asked for anyone’s business here.

We understand many traders prefer the false security of regulation, and we respect that. We aren’t asking anyone for their business, but we’d certainly like to earn it over time.

I’ve seen ASIC and FSA regulated brokerages steal money from clients by modifying historical data, manipulating MAM plug-ins to cause accounting errors on managed sub-accounts, and filling orders at off-market pricing. Half of the people participating in this thread have most likely had their own money egregiously stolen by “well regulated” brokers, and don’t even know it.

The regulators can’t do anything about it because it’s virtually impossible to regulate a price feed. Brokers are too smart to engage in obvious and heinous fraud these days. They do it subversively via an MT4 application no one understands the intricacies of.

Of course, if a broker goes under or disappears with your money, somebody goes to jail. Your money is still gone, and you lose anyway. And, no broker is dumb enough to steal money in that manner anyways. They steal your money by manipulating your MT4 accounts. Regulators don’t understand MetaTrader or the price feed structures to properly oversee this either.

I’ve operated regulated Forex entities on all sides of the business, including with the NFA. I’ve seen first-hand the fact that regulators still don’t fully understand Forex or the product they are attempting to “regulate”, and it allows these brokers to cheat and steal regardless of their so-called oversight.

Anyone with actual experience running a regulated FX business knows and understands this.

As a professional in the industry, it makes sense to follow this course in order to break into the retail market as quickly as possible. I don’t expect everyone to understand or appreciate this, but it is our motivation in launching from Belgium.

As I’ve mentioned, we’re not asking for your business. We’d like to earn it, and whether that happens sooner or later, we look forward.

I am wondering why Ryan doesn't seem to want to answer my question.
You posted on Friday. I don’t work on the weekends. Did you expect a response over the weekend?

As I’ve previously said: we are not asking anyone for their business. I understand the FPA operates on a “Guilty Until Proven Innocent” mentality. I’m happy to accept that.

So, maybe in time we will earn your business.

Bottom line: We’re offering raw interbank spreads and trading conditions competitive enough to gain the interest and attention of a certain segment of traders.
If you prefer a regulated broker, don’t open an account with us. If you want to try us out, we’re happy to earn your trust and your business.

Like Ann, I also got sucked in by James at PrivateFXManaged. They were trading a $3000.00 account for me. Over a period of just over one month the account was in profit of about 15% until the 19th July when all hell broke loose. During that day they performed about 65 trades. Each trade opened and closed usually in less than a minute and the lot sizes were massive for most of the trades. By the time I had got up and switched on my computer the damage had been done and the account was practically totally drained. I also received from James a very similar apologetic letter (almost word for word) to the one that Ann received.
So be careful and please steer well clear of PrivateFXManaged. They are an absolute scam.
I also have since received an email from Lukas Ellison of PrimeFundFX. It all looks eerily similar to PrivateFXManaged, even the 15% performance fee is the same. My advice is be very wary.

Today I received another spam email from PrimeFundFX. Now I followed the link in that spam email to their site. Attached is a screenshot taken from "www dot primefundaccess dot com" site just a couple of minutes ago. You can see both PrimeFundFX and PrivateFX names in the text. Everybody can draw a conclusion from this.

Attachments

• PrivateFX 2013-08-26 at 22.12.34.png
    PrivateFX 2013-08-26 at 22.12.34.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 35
OK so PrivateFX is clearly the same as PrimeFundFX.
I got more spam from them the last few days too BTW.
And we have quite a few people reporting that these funds simply - blow up - period. After a few months of supposed (but probably fake because they are unaudited and unregulated - it has been reported that the auditors that the spammers tout are NOT legit) decent gains, the money is "all-gone" and the poor investors get an actual loss not of the 15% performance fee, but of their ENTIRE INVESTMENT. Which Im sure was planned and part of the con from the beginning. The shill posters are out in force, the spam is spewing. Unfortunately fo rthe spammers, cracks are appearing because too many people are asking too many questions, and the spammers are, as we can see, sloppy.

I guess this needs to deflect back to Ryan, as he is the only one who seems to have put on a legitimate face on this whole situation, or at least attempting to.
Ryan, do you have any idea why ALL THESE SPAMS from this very obvious scam operation put SO MUCH emphasis on the fact that they have a verified myfxbook (with you as sole broker), and all of their spams literally scream about having NO FEES OF ANY KIND except the 15% performance fee, and are very pushy by all accounts to get people to just OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH BDFX. Indeed, it seems as if the act of opening an account with BDFX is the goal of the spams in and of itself. How and why could that be? Maybe its just my imagination.

Anyway, even though you are conveniently unregulated and chose to have a formal HQ (which Im still not sure exists) in an unregulated country, perhaps since this is YOUR thread you could explain to us what you can and will do to investigate this fund and provide some broker feedback for these people who have been seemingly victimized (along with the rest of us reading)? I am assuming that we can agree that spamming and using multiple fund names and misleading promotional materials is not acceptable or ethical, correct? And since now we have evidence that PrimeFundFX is the same entity as PrivateFX (as if all the other evidence wasnt enough of a giveaway), surely you are aware of the reviews here Private Fx Account | PrivateFxAccount.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army --so again, as a reputable broker, can you be affiliated with such an outfit? Dont get mad at me, Im just asking the question.

Back