• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Initiating class action against BDB/OFM. Anyone welcome!

I am having an issue with a company
We will stay quiet. When we are in court, we will reveal who we are. Meanwhile, the reasons behind your notable scepticism are exactly why we are coy.

Skiddaw,

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope you received my email response.

It has just come to my knowledge that class action lawsuits are not enforceable in Cyprus - So how do you guys hope to get anywhere?

http://financefeeds.com/ironfx-institutional-corruption-cysec-government-level-revealed/

I'm in the middle of deciding who to go with i.e. your group or Giambrone law but both of you are presenting your cases as a group.

Let me share something with you. When I turned down a 10% refund offer made to me by Banc de binary (this was last December before they announced they were closing down) I told them I want all my money back or else I will file a lawsuit via Giambrone law - they more or less replied by saying good luck!

This really frustrated me. It means they know something I don't know. Everyone is aware that Giambrone law is putting together a class action group - is this doomed to fail?

I doubt any major law firm would bother to arrange financing for a class action that could not happen. After all, the people financing it would get new lawyers to sue them. :)

I think you need to check with Giambrone. You may have noticed in one of their press releases that they are connecting with a London law firm, not a Cypriot one.

Skiddaw,

Thanks for getting in touch and I hope you received my email response.

It has just come to my knowledge that class action lawsuits are not enforceable in Cyprus - So how do you guys hope to get anywhere?

http://financefeeds.com/ironfx-institutional-corruption-cysec-government-level-revealed/

I'm in the middle of deciding who to go with i.e. your group or Giambrone law but both of you are presenting your cases as a group.

Let me share something with you. When I turned down a 10% refund offer made to me by Banc de binary (this was last December before they announced they were closing down) I told them I want all my money back or else I will file a lawsuit via Giambrone law - they more or less replied by saying good luck!

This really frustrated me. It means they know something I don't know. Everyone is aware that Giambrone law is putting together a class action group - is this doomed to fail?

Careful with the definition.
A "Class Action" is a specific construct recognised in US law, but not generally in UK law. The claims of the members of a potential "Class Action", sensu strictu, have first to be presented to a court and the court decides whether there is sufficient commonality between claimants or plaintiffs that they can act as a "group" . The court then allows the group to act together in a "Class Action" and reduces the need for individual claimants to go to the nth degree of detail in their submissions to court. As such, a "Class Action" may not be recognised in Cyprus courts.

Nevertheless, the UK recognises a "group action" in cases where it is demonstrated that commonality of claim exists amongst a number of claimants. Claimants are still separately identified within the group claim and have to prove the strength of their individual claims rigorously, however. As stated above - in the US "Class Action", once defined, I think the individual claimants fade a bit into the background.

Best regards,
Skiddaw

I should add that Cyprus law is based heavily on UK law and the approach to "group actions" is the same in Cyprus.

Skiddaw

I should add that Cyprus law is based heavily on UK law and the approach to "group actions" is the same in Cyprus.

Skiddaw

Skiddaw,

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. "Group action" is what is enforceable in Cyprus and not "Class action". I seem to learn more every single day.

Once more thing I hope you can help me with is why your group chose to tackle this lawsuit separately from Giambrone law. I believe there is something I am in the dark about.

Regards

Kenn

Skiddaw,

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me. "Group action" is what is enforceable in Cyprus and not "Class action". I seem to learn more every single day.

Once more thing I hope you can help me with is why your group chose to tackle this lawsuit separately from Giambrone law. I believe there is something I am in the dark about.

Regards

Kenn

Hi Kenn,

The main reasons for this are three:
1. Mr G. is a biz man with law as his tool to earn a LOT of money on his clients.
2. Mr.G has a questionable reputation.
3. We are far ahead of him in time.

Regards!

Skiddaw,

Regards

Kenn

In addition to what Haazen has written:

1) when I met the guy I didn't feel he was the man to represent my interests.
.2) just Google "Giambrone Law" and you'll find there's a response "Giambrone Law Complaints" - go there and have a browse.

When you don't know one from the other, you don't tend to choose a firm with that kind of history.

Back