• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Initiating class action against BDB/OFM. Anyone welcome!

I am having an issue with a company
Technically, I believe Giambrone's "class action" is actually a "group action" being brought in the UK. The fact that investors are looking to fund it in order to make it free to join is unusual. At minimum, it shows a very high degree of confidence from those providing the funding, since if there is no recovery, they'll be out a very large amount of money.

I'm sure Giambrone has its faults, but I personally would take a known law firm over a mystery group promoting 3 secret law firms. Due to the complete lack of transparency, there's no way to know if they group and/or the law firms it plans to use is legitimate or if this is just a way to draw potential members away from the existing lawsuit with Giambrone.

We are 9 FPA members who have initiated a class action against BDB/OFM with strong ambition and good methods. We have come far. We will launch our case in court within 2-3 weeks.
Compared to Giambrone and Rebecka at Winchargeback the cost for joining our case is very low!
Simply because we don't feed on people in misery - we don't feed on ourselves!

Anyone interested in joining us is welcome!
Drop me a line for more info!
Hi I am interested in the class action
How do I contact you

BDB-OFM's days are numbered.
  • We are 35-strong and growing. From UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East, Australasia.
  • We have launched our claim against these scammers. Our case is very strong, incontestable even.
  • We know the identities of the main people involved in these scammer companies.
  • We have stopped them liquidating and running for the hills. Their only way out now is through us.
  • We have the ear of CySec. We have evidence in front of CySec that proves BDB has been lying to them since it first obtained its licence.
  • We have the ear of the Israeli Securities Agency.
  • We know of precedent cases ruling against them in Cyprus and Belize.
  • WE WILL WIN
We invite other victims of these companies to talk to us.
RESPOND TO THIS THREAD WITH YOUR SKYPE ID AND/OR EMAIL and we will be in touch.
hi How can I contact you

Hi,
Unfortunately we are quite reluctant to give details in public forums, since we suspect BDB/OFM have spies in here.
Thus, our info is availabe for members only. It's all about security!
However, when we have launched our case within 2-3 weeks' time, it will all be public anyway.

How can I contact you thanks would be interested to join

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

This is the link for contacting us: join.skype.com/lyNB8jqGeKxs

Welcome!

So a group of relatively new members is using impeccable criminal investigation techniques to vet members of a class action lawsuit where potential clients don't even know who the lawyers are before giving out large amounts of personal information.

BDB knew this day would come. The could easily hire several real people to open real accounts and provide assorted ID documents. Then when the lawsuit parties began, they could plant the moles in each major group. They could then make the trading records look just like those of all the other victims. All the paperwork would be in order.

Then there's the other possibility.

If BDB really stole over a billion, would any of their victims put it past them to create a fictitious group to "vet" everyone and grab another 2% (maybe more - depends on how they work it) from many the people they'd previously squeezed dry? It would have the side-effect of sending many victims away from the groups that already have announced lawyers and maybe even divert a few planned chargebacks.

I for one would like to see some evidence of lawyers and of who the "vetters" are.

Hmmmm. If that is the correct way of thinking, and BdB does have such a vast financial resource at their disposal, perhaps their foresight also involved setting up the FPA!!

Scepticism is a very healthy approach but at least do try to accurately follow the links provided, at least then you would be better informed.

Now let's see, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps .......perhaps this whole thing is a scam, perhaps life as we know it is a scam, perhaps the whole world is a scam ...... but then again perhaps not.

Hmmmm. If that is the correct way of thinking, and BdB does have such a vast financial resource at their disposal, perhaps their foresight also involved setting up the FPA!!

Scepticism is a very healthy approach but at least do try to accurately follow the links provided, at least then you would be better informed.

This is an intelligent approach, as well as a sound attitude.

Now let's see, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps .......perhaps this whole thing is a scam, perhaps life as we know it is a scam, perhaps the whole world is a scam ...... but then again perhaps not.

There were a small number of complaints which where quickly and professionally handled and resolved. Each of these involved the BDB rep starting out with the same "contact me and send me your info". Many other complaint threads with large amounts of evidence got the same post (often months after starting and with little or no followup after the person complaining acknowledged the message and confirmed sending the info, but only these "special" threads ended up getting quickly resolved. Each of them fell into the same cookie cutter pattern:

1. New member. Others had a mix of new and established members.
2. Fast initial response from BDB. Others had to wait weeks or months for a single post from the rep. Some are still waiting.
3. From first BDB post to report of resolution was very fast, 10 days at the outside. The few other resolved cases typically took months to make progress.
4. All of the "special" case members then disappeared. Others who had issues with BDB had a more normal attrition rate.

Still want to keep that hint of sarcasm about believing that BDB might use an FPA complaint thread to infiltrate a group which won't even let potential members vet the alleged lawyers?

Check out the thread where BDB decided it didn't want to make a payment ordered by the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman and then come back and tell me they aren't weaselish enough to infiltrate or even to create a "lawsuit group" just to make their victims waste time and effort. If a couple of them got into such a group (or, worse, were running it), they could probably look at the messages people were posting and then could accurately predict how many cycles of hope/despair it would take to remove 50% of the group from action. They are experts in manipulating people and know how to wear down people by alternating hope with despair and disappointment. Lies, manipulation, and getting victims to give up and "put it behind them" is exactly how BDB managed to hold off the CFTC for as long as it did.

If you don't want to try the no-fee upfront option from Giambrone, WinThisCase can assist in finding and vetting lawyers who are not hidden behind a cloak of secrecy.

There were a small number of complaints which where quickly and professionally handled and resolved. Each of these involved the BDB rep starting out with the same "contact me and send me your info". Many other complaint threads with large amounts of evidence got the same post (often months after starting and with little or no followup after the person complaining acknowledged the message and confirmed sending the info, but only these "special" threads ended up getting quickly resolved. Each of them fell into the same cookie cutter pattern:

1. New member. Others had a mix of new and established members.
2. Fast initial response from BDB. Others had to wait weeks or months for a single post from the rep. Some are still waiting.
3. From first BDB post to report of resolution was very fast, 10 days at the outside. The few other resolved cases typically took months to make progress.
4. All of the "special" case members then disappeared. Others who had issues with BDB had a more normal attrition rate.

Still want to keep that hint of sarcasm about believing that BDB might use an FPA complaint thread to infiltrate a group which won't even let potential members vet the alleged lawyers?

Check out the thread where BDB decided it didn't want to make a payment ordered by the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman and then come back and tell me they aren't weaselish enough to infiltrate or even to

Thanks for your measured response. There is no doubt that BdB are using this forum to establish that some of their customers have been treated fairly, thus giving themselves some credence when dealing with the rest (and vast majority) of their clients. However, not all actions against these bandits has to follow the same route. BdB, as you so rightly state, have LOADS of money and the ability to disrupt any action made against them. But this will be made very difficult if they are deprived of the vital details they need about an action group in order to interfere and disrupt. The high likelihood of this happening is justification enough to warrant caution and secrecy. A large organisation like Giambrone can probably weather this sort of interference (they charge 25% of your losses if successful), but smaller groups do not have that luxury and need the caution and some secrecy to be safe and effective.

Thanks for your measured response.

I am absolutely convinced BdB and others have used this forum to 'salt' some successful claims to establish they are not all bad. As you rightly say BdB has LOADS of money and could easily disrupt any action being formed against them by small groups of defrauded customers. An individual could not fight a claim on their own and would need to join a collective action to have any chance of success. Giambrone profess to be the big guns in the business and cite previous success to encourage new clients to join their action group (at a cost of 25% of losses, if successful). However we do not all wish to forfeit so much of our money to take action against these crooks and smaller groups can also be very effective. But without the resources and reputation of the 'Big Boys', they have to take precautions and use different methods to get safely to court. These precautions include caution and some secrecy, anyone who does not feel comfortable with that are free to join with the 'Big Boys'.

Back