• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem InstaForex - A New Excuse to Confiscate Profits

I am having an issue with a company
Please give me surefire way to threaten them??? I am very confused.

We need more information about your history to make appropriate recommendations.
Make an effort to calmly discuss the nature of your difficulties from the start, up to current date.
What you have done, what they have said?
Give us the who, what, when, where, how, and why of the matter.
AI

Even with a bad company, it's always better to approach in a non-aggressive manner. Send an email politely asking why there is a delay. Do the same thing with live chat. Make sure to explain exactly how long you have been waiting. Tell us what they say.

Once we know more about the situation, advising you will be easier.

Recently Instaforex has acheived 1 Million traders.

This broker has the highest number of traders among all brokers but FPA marked it as scam. I went through the post and I found it totally unfair to mark Instaforex scam for this reason.

I think now FPA should think again if they should keep the status of Instaforex scam or not. Because Instaforex is now most popular among any forex brokers and you can't simply call them scam when thousands of people are getting paid from them daily.

If you want to mark IFX as scam, then why not you are marking FXCM as scam? They were caught for using Virtual Dealer plugin.

I am open for further discussion.

With all due respect to BigT1and Pharaoh,
One must give credit when credit is due. I joined FPA three months ago, during this time I have witnessed highest standard of transparency, relentless fight to seek justice ,in return witnessing victims issues been resolved and much more.
However, I have also witnessed FPA’s integrity disrespectfully understated by people whom constantly skiving off from facts, transient their delusional minds with underrated personality contest.
Proof of the pudding is in the eating .Me myself and I, we are looking forward to chef’s next recipe here at FPA to contribute only.

Recently Instaforex has acheived 1 Million traders.

This broker has the highest number of traders among all brokers but FPA marked it as scam. I went through the post and I found it totally unfair to mark Instaforex scam for this reason.

I think now FPA should think again if they should keep the status of Instaforex scam or not. Because Instaforex is now most popular among any forex brokers and you can't simply call them scam when thousands of people are getting paid from them daily.

If you want to mark IFX as scam, then why not you are marking FXCM as scam? They were caught for using Virtual Dealer plugin.

I am open for further discussion.

Hi Tarek X,

I can understand you wanting to defend your own broker, but that's no reason to make up false accusations about others. FXCM has never used the virtual dealer plugin.

Also, I notice this is your first post on the forum, so welcome ;)

Jason

Tarek X,
You joined FPA today and made a single post in support of a broker with a hiddeous record on an old thread that remains unresolved.
Forgive our skepticism, but offen Oprichniks descend upon old Scam Alert threads in an attempt to cast doubt on the implications they provide. I am sure you understand.
To gain our respect you must provide some information that is verifyable.
Please demontrate your integrity. Are you a professional in finance, a broker's agent, an experienced trader?
Some credentials please; or simply post your trading history using an MT4 Detailed Statement from your InstaForex account regardless of your gains or losses, complete with indications of deposits and withdrawals over the period of a year or more. Remove your personal information first, if you wish. Should you need some technical assistance in how to accomplish this, just ask me or Pharaoh publically or privately for help.
You must also document your outrageous claim against FXCM. This is not a Moscow street corner, where you can just throw around lies without evidence.
Unlike the generous spirit of the FXCM Representative, I shall reserve any "Welcome" for you until you have provided the requested information or credentials are verified, plus your IP Address has been checked (such order has already been placed through FPA Management).
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Tarek X,

You found it unfair to mark InstaForex as a scam? Did you read what they did?

1. Confiscated the profits.
2. Declared the traders to be cheating.
3. Agreed to show the FPA evidence.
4. Failed to provide a single piece of evidence. (Both traders showed evidence to the FPA)
5. Kept claiming that they'd already proved that the traders were cheating by saying the traders were cheating many times.

If a broker took your money, claim you are cheating, promised to provide evidence to prove you were cheating, then didn't show any evidence since they had already "proved" you were cheating, would you consider that to be a scam or not?

Tarek X,

4. Failed to provide a single piece of evidence. (Both traders showed evidence to the FPA)
5. Kept claiming that they'd already proved that the traders were cheating by saying the traders were cheating many times.

If a broker took your money, claim you are cheating, promised to provide evidence to prove you were cheating, then didn't show any evidence since they had already "proved" you were cheating, would you consider that to be a scam or not?

Tarek X,
You joined FPA today and made a single post in support of a broker with a hiddeous record on an old thread that remains unresolved.
Forgive our skepticism, but offen Oprichniks descend upon old Scam Alert threads in an attempt to cast doubt on the implications they provide. I am sure you understand.
Please demontrate your integrity. Are you a professional in finance, a broker's agent, an experienced trader?
Some credentials please; or simply post your trading history using an MT4 Detailed Statement from your InstaForex account regardless of your gains or losses, complete with indications of deposits and withdrawals over the period of a year or more. Remove your personal information first, if you wish. Should you need some technical assistance in how to accomplish this, just ask me or Pharaoh publically or privately for help.
You must also document your outrageous claim against FXCM. This is not a Moscow street corner, where you can just throw around lies without evidence.
Unlike the generous spirit of the FXCM Representative, I shall reserve any "Welcome" for you until you have provided the requested information or credentials are verified, plus your IP Address has been checked (such order has already been placed through FPA Management).
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA

Tarek X,

Tarek X,
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA

First of all, I am very sorry for a big mistake of me and I ask pardon for it. I thought the owner of FXCM is Gain Capital. But after your post, I searched google and found that they actually owned forex.com. So, I am removing my claim from FXCM. I have heard few complains about them but that is usual for any broker which is not my concern and FXCM can't be called scam for it. I am really sorry for the mistake. If possible, I will edit the name in previous post or I will request the mod to edit it. For my mistake, I don't want, FXCM, lost its reputation.

Anyway, so the guilty broker is forex.com, not fxcm.

Now, I am going back to pint. Forex.com was punished by its regulatory NFA for engaging in margin and liquidation practices that had a detrimental impact on certain of Gain's customers on certain slipped trades.

I am quoting directly from NFA official website:

COMPLAINT:

On June 30, 2010, NFA issued a Complaint against Gain and Stevens that cited Gain for engaging in margin and liquidation practices that had a detrimental impact on certain of Gain's customers on certain slipped trades, failing to maintain records for certain unfilled orders that were placed on the MetaTrader trading platform prior to May 2009, failing to adequately review the activities and promotional material of Gain's unregulated solicitors, failing to respond promptly to certain inquiries and requests made by NFA during NFA's audit of Gain and, together with Stevens, failing to supervise the firm's operations.

DECISION:

On October 27, 2010, NFA's BCC issued a Decision accepting an Offer of Settlement submitted by Gain and Stevens, in which Gain and Stevens neither admitted nor denied the allegations of the Complaint and agreed to settle the case on the following terms: Gain agreed to refund to customers the amount of negative slippage they experienced on the trades that were placed in their accounts between May 1 and July 31, 2009 and which were attributable to the Virtual Dealer Plug-in that Gain used on its institutional and retail servers, Gain agreed to refund to customers the losses they incurred as a result of Gain's practice of adjusting leverage and margin requirements on Fridays, as alleged in Count I of the Complaint; Gain agreed to pay $459,000 to NFA as a monetary sanction; Gain agreed that in the future any and all slippage parameters that Gain uses in determining whether a customer's order will be executed or re-quoted, shall be symmetrical in nature and neither advantageous nor disadvantageous to the customer or to Gain; and Gain agreed not to reinstate its practice of adjusting leverage and margin requirements on Fridays, as described in Count I of the Complaint, which it has discontinued. The Decision made no findings with respect to Count V of the Complaint charging failure to supervise.

Source: https://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Case.aspx?entityid=0339826&case=10BCC00015&contrib=NFA

So, it is clear that forex.com or gain capital cheated with its clients and they were punished strictly by the regulator. Even if they pay the amount, they are proved guilty and you should mark them SCAM for it because many traders lose money due to their bad practice.

If you think they co operated with the regulator and they should not be marked as scam, you should at least mention it in the review of Gain capital and there should be at least one guilty case against them.

Lets check FPA review of Gain Capital:

Forex.com | GainCapital.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

Cases Open - 0 | Not Guilty - 0 | Guilty - 0

How can you say it? If you say no one actually informed it in FPA and therefore you did not add it to guilty, then will you add 1 guilty case for gaincapital review if I file a case now?

There should must be a guilty case even if they co operated with regulator, otherwise they are subject to be marked as "SCAM"

I have written so many things because Instaforex is marked here as scam by the complain of few members among which almost 90% has a problem with deposit bonus issue. In the other side, this broker is extremely popular, you know about it and every day thousands of members are getting paid from this broker. There are many members who are receiving withdrawal of several thousands dollars. If the broker is scam, they should not receive it.

If they receive withdrawal, then why the broker Instaforex is labeled as scam here? You can give Instaforex the normal status of other brokers. If you found guilty cases, then add it with red label. Let people read it and judge themselves if they should join in the broker or not. As long as the broker is paying, they can't be called scam. They are also not making selective payments. There are just complaints against them by members.

I think this is fair because gain capital has 100% clearly marked as cheater but they have normal status and interestingly no guilty case against them in FPA. In the other hand, Instaforex did not get punished by any regulator (they even co operated with CFTC by not accepting USA clients) and based on some complaints, you marked this broker directly as scam where thousands of members are getting paid from this broker daily and ignoring this real fact.

I know this broker has now the largest number of traders, I hope you will also not disagree with it. At least for owning such a big forum, you have idea about whole brokerage market. So, why the largest forex broker has the scam status in FPA?

I don't know much about past. But I am pretty interested to know if you guys have any plan to change the scam marking.

I am trying to defend IFX for own interest. I think there is no problem if I do it as long as I do it with logic. I am a mod of one IFX sponsored forum. But I am here because at least one IFX IB complained me that they are facing problem by people due to FPA scam report.

So, you know my interest. I don't need to hide it.

So far, no one filed a formal complaint against Forex.com. The NFA made them pay back everything, so the issue was already resolved by the time the world found out about it.

I was involved in the Scam Investigation against InstaForex. The FPA got documents from both traders. InstaForex's representative said she had evidence. If the allegations against the traders were real, it would have taken no effort to provide evidence. She promised to provide the evidence and then kept saying that she'd prove they cheated. The FPA tried asking others at InstaForex for evidence and no one provided any.

At the time, InstaForex was an advertiser. They were warned that continued failure to cooperate as they promised would result in the ad contract being suspended. InstaForex's representative kept claiming she'd already proved her case but still never sent anything. I had no choice but to order the contract to be cancelled and to return unused funds.

Resolving this scam finding would be very easy. Several times since it was handed down, I and others here tried to establish a dialog with someone in charge at InstaForex. None of these attempts were successful.

If you can get someone in charge at InstaForex to talk to the FPA, I'll be happy to listen. Tell them to click the "Contact Us" link on any page. If no one from InstaForex contacts the FPA over this, I will have to assume that they want the current situation to remain unchanged.

Tarek X,
As a new member you are automatically given great girth in early posts that include some errors or confusion.
Thank you for owning up to your mistakes. I trust FXCM will give consideration toward accepting your admission of error, as well.
In the future, please contribute what you can to all posts whenever you have keen insights or information that will benefit the greater good.
Meanwhile, you still need to demonstate a single reason to consider your support for your preferred broker: InstaForex.
You are 1/3 - way to achieving some modicum of respectability. Can you manage the next two legs??
Fellow member,
AI

Last edited:
Back