1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interactivebrokers.com

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Administrator, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Administrator

Administrator Just Administrator :-)

2. slk2008

slk2008 Recruit

hi, would appreciate anyone with Interactive Broker account could advice IB open position is able or unable to adjust/amend/add/delete stop/trail and/or limit for existing open position.

IB custmer service told me IB platform does not allow open position to adjust/amend/edit/add of stop, trail and/or limit!!! Which I find is totally rediculous, as such feature are most basic, especially if wanna apply take half position and adjust stop/trail/limit for 2nd half to gain free trade or control loss.

anyone sharing would be greatful. as i could figure out it can be done so n not sure if the custoomer service really know their own stuff, or if is true, then may b IB is not good as such basic feature are essential.

tks n rdgs,
    slk

3. charlyt

charlyt Private, 1st Class

You sure can in the older versions, I used to work with this guys, if the IB Costumer Service is telling you that is not possible to adjust different values for an open position, try using a contrary order for a stop loss (not hedged)

If you are long, lets say 20 lts, place a short 20 lots without the hedge feture, when you need your stoploss, then when price reach this price, both positions will cancel each other resulting on a compounded stoploss.

also, you can try to use limits the same way.

Happy trading.

4. Arjuna

Arjuna Recruit

Ideal & Ideal Pro Trading Platforms

When converting non-base currencies back to your base currency, use the Ideal platform. When trading required minimum currency units in any given pair, use the Ideal Pro platform. Doing this will eliminate any confusion those traders who are new to I-Bs FX workstation might experience when they discover that once they have exited a trade they must clear the residual that remains in the account by performing the currency conversion. When asked why the FX trading environment is designed this way, based on what other traders want, this allows them to carry the currency at times when interest can be accrued or earned even when they are not actually trading that pair. So if you trade FX with I-B just remember to use the Ideal Pro platform for actual trading and the Ideal platform for converting the trades back to your base currency. This will prevent losses that can occur because the spreads between Ideal Pro and Ideal differ so widely.

5. Vikas Singh

Vikas Singh Recruit

Interactive Brokers Margin doubt

Hi,

I am trading from a demo IB paper account. I have an initial cash of 1 million. I have a confusion what does this statement mean:

So does this means I cannot open a position for an amount greater than 400k or the margin for that trade should be less than 400k.

Regards