• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Interactivebrokers.com

General discussions of a financial company
hi, would appreciate anyone with Interactive Broker account could advice IB open position is able or unable to adjust/amend/add/delete stop/trail and/or limit for existing open position.

IB custmer service told me IB platform does not allow open position to adjust/amend/edit/add of stop, trail and/or limit!!! Which I find is totally rediculous, as such feature are most basic, especially if wanna apply take half position and adjust stop/trail/limit for 2nd half to gain free trade or control loss.

anyone sharing would be greatful. as i could figure out it can be done so n not sure if the custoomer service really know their own stuff, or if is true, then may b IB is not good as such basic feature are essential.

tks n rdgs,
slk

hi, would appreciate anyone with Interactive Broker account could advice IB open position is able or unable to adjust/amend/add/delete stop/trail and/or limit for existing open position.

IB custmer service told me IB platform does not allow open position to adjust/amend/edit/add of stop, trail and/or limit!!! Which I find is totally rediculous, as such feature are most basic, especially if wanna apply take half position and adjust stop/trail/limit for 2nd half to gain free trade or control loss.

anyone sharing would be greatful. as i could figure out it can be done so n not sure if the custoomer service really know their own stuff, or if is true, then may b IB is not good as such basic feature are essential.

tks n rdgs,
slk

You sure can in the older versions, I used to work with this guys, if the IB Costumer Service is telling you that is not possible to adjust different values for an open position, try using a contrary order for a stop loss (not hedged)

If you are long, lets say 20 lts, place a short 20 lots without the hedge feture, when you need your stoploss, then when price reach this price, both positions will cancel each other resulting on a compounded stoploss.

also, you can try to use limits the same way.

Happy trading.

Ideal & Ideal Pro Trading Platforms

When converting non-base currencies back to your base currency, use the Ideal platform. When trading required minimum currency units in any given pair, use the Ideal Pro platform. Doing this will eliminate any confusion those traders who are new to I-Bs FX workstation might experience when they discover that once they have exited a trade they must clear the residual that remains in the account by performing the currency conversion. When asked why the FX trading environment is designed this way, based on what other traders want, this allows them to carry the currency at times when interest can be accrued or earned even when they are not actually trading that pair. So if you trade FX with I-B just remember to use the Ideal Pro platform for actual trading and the Ideal platform for converting the trades back to your base currency. This will prevent losses that can occur because the spreads between Ideal Pro and Ideal differ so widely.

Interactive Brokers Margin doubt

Hi,

I am trading from a demo IB paper account. I have an initial cash of 1 million. I have a confusion what does this statement mean:

The total maximum margin position that can be held in each tradable security, regardless of the leverage used, the number of trades made for that security and the use of derivatives that reference to the same product, is limited to $ 400,000. In particular, this means that for instruments that give the possibility to use leverage, such as Forex or Futures, the limit applies on the initial margin requirement required to open the position, not the notional of the underlying security.

So does this means I cannot open a position for an amount greater than 400k or the margin for that trade should be less than 400k.

Regards

Back