• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Interbankfx.com

General discussions of a financial company
stop hunting caught on film

Chk out these 2 charts (1 IBFX - 1 FxPro ) same time frame - same platform ( map.gif

map2.gif Notice the huge spike up?Its absent on 2nd chart.
If this isnt Stop Hunting - what is? I closed my IBFX account 2 minuts later. IBFX claimed this was a computer glitch on their part- I wonder if they sent out email to all customers telling them that?

Last edited:
ibfx sucks

This is a timely update of ibfx - I've been trading with them for about eight months now, and everything was great, while I was loosing! But once I began to make a little dough, it's like someone flipped a switch or something - all the sudden I get repeated off-quotes, requotes & trade context is busy. Last week I had four positions open that began to move against me and what do you know - repeated off-quotes, requotes & trade context is busy! Imagine that. Its like someone pulled the plug or something. I lost about a grand that week, thanks ibfx. The really horrible part is that after I had rebooted a couple of times, triple checked my internet connection, prayed, cried and screemed, I finally called them on the phone ( in retrospect I should have done that first! word..) & had them manually close my trades. They admited that their trade server was down. They did reverse one trade from the time I was on the phone(-$300.00) they gave me back $16. But they said that they would not reverse the other trades because their journal didn't show I was attempting to close them. Stay with me now...the journal is on their trade server (yeah, the server that was down...) the story goes on but the long & short of it is that they wiped me out and I have virtually no recourse, I know for sure I'll never give them another red cent as long as I live, and neither should you!
After some research I found they were fined by the NFA for the same behavior in the past. Appearantly the whole scam is profitable enough to pay the fine and continue fleecing their clients. I can't wait for somebody to file a class action lawsuit against ibfx & todd crossland in particular, I would love nothing more than to get these theives in open court, hint, hint.
In a nutshell - imho yes, they are still stealing from their clients and no they don't appear to be capable or desirous of changing, even after being fined, really.
So I wrote an EA that uses windows functions to ping the server ip, and records the result to a data file, ( as a technical analyst the results were interesting to say the least) I have determined that this is not an isolated incident - just the one where I caught them red-handed! You can have a copy of my EA, I'm making it freely available, as long as you don't work for ibfx. ibfx can have it for $1,000.00, thats the amount they stole from me last week.
So thats what happened to me, and I have earned the right to make a couple of suggestions for would be ibfx clients:
1) Don't trade with ibfx if your expecting to be treated fairly.
2) Ping their trade server, for your own defense (it goes down a lot)
3)Don't trade with ibfx if you want a stable platform, the platform can never be more reliable than the trade server, period.
4)Be sure to check with the NFA for previous violations.
5)Don't trade with ibfx if you value your account equity.
6)If you get hung in a trade, Call them to manually close the open trades first, then reboot & so-forth
7) Oh yeah, Don't trade with ibfx unless you want to get fleeced
8)If you suspect problems get my free EA to document the servers unreliance.
9) in case I forgot to mention it Dont Trade With ibfx, there are much better market makers out there. And in reality thats what they are market makers not brokers. They clearly have only one purpose to separate you from your money, sooner or later but always.

I give em 1 star, simply because there is no lower rating available.

Does Madoff run IBFX?

US Brokers are some of the worst! These thieves have been doing this scam from day one! I had only one StopHunting incident to convince me to bail. I witnessed a 50+ spike(a baby spike to IBFX ) but I have seen screenshots of over 300 pip spikes! I generally dont wish for a company to go out of business-but it seems that the IBFX managment is stuffing their coffers ahead of their plans to close company? Everyone-from mini's to major account holders have had their fill of this POS company. And please-dont tell me thousands of angry customers are wrong-or dont know how to trade. These people are grey suit bandits and (in front of your very eyes-as u watch their feed on your computer) they steal your money. Merry Christmas? Yea for them maybe!:p

Thanks Rubitz,I am a newbie and have demo accounts with IBFX.I have tried to open a live account but they do not seem to be able to read the detail that I send them.My last message to them told them that they are no good and that I will go elseware your statement confirms my thoughts about them Thanks again.
This is a timely update of ibfx - I've been trading with them for about eight months now, and everything was great, while I was loosing! But once I began to make a little dough, it's like someone flipped a switch or something - all the sudden I get repeated off-quotes, requotes & trade context is busy. Last week I had four positions open that began to move against me and what do you know - repeated off-quotes, requotes & trade context is busy! Imagine that. Its like someone pulled the plug or something. I lost about a grand that week, thanks ibfx. The really horrible part is that after I had rebooted a couple of times, triple checked my internet connection, prayed, cried and screemed, I finally called them on the phone ( in retrospect I should have done that first! word..) & had them manually close my trades. They admited that their trade server was down. They did reverse one trade from the time I was on the phone(-$300.00) they gave me back $16. But they said that they would not reverse the other trades because their journal didn't show I was attempting to close them. Stay with me now...the journal is on their trade server (yeah, the server that was down...) the story goes on but the long & short of it is that they wiped me out and I have virtually no recourse, I know for sure I'll never give them another red cent as long as I live, and neither should you!
After some research I found they were fined by the NFA for the same behavior in the past. Appearantly the whole scam is profitable enough to pay the fine and continue fleecing their clients. I can't wait for somebody to file a class action lawsuit against ibfx & todd crossland in particular, I would love nothing more than to get these theives in open court, hint, hint.
In a nutshell - imho yes, they are still stealing from their clients and no they don't appear to be capable or desirous of changing, even after being fined, really.
So I wrote an EA that uses windows functions to ping the server ip, and records the result to a data file, ( as a technical analyst the results were interesting to say the least) I have determined that this is not an isolated incident - just the one where I caught them red-handed! You can have a copy of my EA, I'm making it freely available, as long as you don't work for ibfx. ibfx can have it for $1,000.00, thats the amount they stole from me last week.
So thats what happened to me, and I have earned the right to make a couple of suggestions for would be ibfx clients:
1) Don't trade with ibfx if your expecting to be treated fairly.
2) Ping their trade server, for your own defense (it goes down a lot)
3)Don't trade with ibfx if you want a stable platform, the platform can never be more reliable than the trade server, period.
4)Be sure to check with the NFA for previous violations.
5)Don't trade with ibfx if you value your account equity.
6)If you get hung in a trade, Call them to manually close the open trades first, then reboot & so-forth
7) Oh yeah, Don't trade with ibfx unless you want to get fleeced
8)If you suspect problems get my free EA to document the servers unreliance.
9) in case I forgot to mention it Dont Trade With ibfx, there are much better market makers out there. And in reality thats what they are market makers not brokers. They clearly have only one purpose to separate you from your money, sooner or later but always.

I give em 1 star, simply because there is no lower rating available.

ibfx sucks

Just as well that they couldn't set up your live account, right now they have usd/cad @ 31 pip spread, what a bunch of jokers. Btw fxdd is at 5 pips for the same pair. No news just now so wtf, ibfx sucks donkey d**k

ibfx w/fapturbo

I've been testing fapturbo with ibfx, has anyone tried it live? Any recommendations on brokers that work well with fapturbo/metrader 4?

IFBX Are Thieves

I wish I had read about these guys before I joined. They are thieves and willfully steal your money...stay far away from IBFX. My final trade with them was the nail in the coffin. I am trading the Pound this morning and it drops to new lows and I am trading for a bounce. I go long at 1.6176 and the market trades up then comes back down and I try to get out at 1.6174. I get a message asking me if I am sure that I want to get out and asks for a requote. The market has moved down and I again try to get out and it asks me the same question do you want to get out and makes me requote. Now the market has moved near my stop loss and I am taken out for a 15 pip loss.

In speaking with IBFX they confirm that I tried to get out at 1.6174 but the market had moved to 1.6173 so it could not fill my order since the market changed. When I tried again the same thing happened the market had moved two pips from where I tried to get out. I was told that had I enable the deviation and entered one or two pips then my order would have been executed.

This is a SCAM because the markets are never the same they constantly move in one direction or the other. I explained that I never get this notice of if I am sure that I want to make the trade when the market is going in my direction. If I am long and the Pound is going up I can always close my order and it always gives me the lower price I never have it happen that it cannot accept my order even though the market has moved up from where I tried to get out.

In talking to other brokers that have received favorable responses here they say that IBFX is playing the other side and stalling my exit so that they can make more money on the lag in execution. I my opinion an order should be treated like a market order and you just accept the price that the market is at and not put you through the stall tactic so you lose more money.

Looking for an Update

Hey Pharaoh,

I've been with IBFX for about a month now, and I'm feeling very nervous after reading some of the post in this thread. I thought they were pretty legit with the website, and the customer service I received was great. I even received a $50 bonus for opening an account. I've never tried to withdraw any money, so I don't know about that. I'm a newbie to Forex, so I don't want to be taken advantage of. They no longer charge for credit card deposits either.

How are your current experiences going since they have become NFA compliant?

Hey Pharaoh,

I've been with IBFX for about a month now, and I'm feeling very nervous after reading some of the post in this thread. I thought they were pretty legit with the website, and the customer service I received was great. I even received a $50 bonus for opening an account. I've never tried to withdraw any money, so I don't know about that. I'm a newbie to Forex, so I don't want to be taken advantage of. They no longer charge for credit card deposits either.

How are your current experiences going since they have become NFA compliant?

After writing this, I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely done with this broker.

Their whole concept of "superior customer support" is a joke and they know it. The spreads are still ri-damn-diculous, and the whole slippage that supposedly only happens every so often, is a common occurrence. I noticed that the USDCAD was going long, So I entered the trade 3 pips ahead of the last candle, just in case the market decided to change. Normally, we would consider this to be a smart move, but 3 pips from my set price, I get taken into the trade. :mad:

Of course, after entering the trade, the market suddenly decides to go short..... Now, no one can predict the market, so I wasn't too upset about this, because I never risk more than 5% of my account. What got me upset is that after comparing their charts to my OTHER BROKER'S CHARTS, they were way off from one another. Only by a few pips, but that's still very unacceptable.

As a newbie, I wasn't prepared for the mischievous practices of these brokers out here in the Forex world, but now I realize that there are just as many crooks in this market as there are in any other parts of the market in this world. It will be my task, no, my mission to find a responsible broker for all of us to take part in from this day forward.

Recruit Reign signing off,

Over & Out ;)

After writing this, I've come to the conclusion that I'm completely done with this broker.

......... I noticed that the USDCAD was going long, So I entered the trade 3 pips ahead of the last candle, just in case the market decided to change. Normally, we would consider this to be a smart move, but 3 pips from my set price, I get taken into the trade. :mad:

I'm going to be VERY blunt here and ask you:

Why on Earth would you trade against the trend???
I trade the USD/CAD and at that point last year I was shorting it.

If you are going to trade against the major trend then kiss your money goodbye my friend!

Back