Investing.com

Tony Stark

Recruit
Good morning, I’m greatly in need of help from this community please!

I first went and emailed their support on June 30th because ironically when my trading algorithm became successful after implementing its sweet spot input into my algorithm two weeks prior with the "Forex Volatility Calculator" on input 54 which I was using and it before it stop working. In which, I was using it since 2018 and it always work on input 54.
Investing.com made it stopped working from calculating any input of 29 or greater. After I waited patiently as seen from the email time dates. They say that its due to covid-19 delays that they are taking weeks to respond to an email but keep it mind that they are an online company and everyone is working from home now. In addition specifically the trading industry has seen a up surge of liquidity due to new traders coming in, so in readily they should have more capital opportunity, and that is not counting all the government assistance programs for businesses during this pandemic. Furthermore I know about programming and it is not hard to fix this issue if there was an honest issue to begin with.
Your HELP would be greatly appreciated guys, thank you

Screen recording of the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MlHZvG4fEbIGA6bttrCdyXxiruP4Ao0z/view?usp=sharing
I also attached here the email transcript.
@Administrator support+id203768@investing.zendesk.com

This is the problem with building a system that relies on free information, especially if that information on comes from one source. A provider of free information is under no obligation to keep providing any or all of the information and is not in any way constrained from altering the format or functionality of any software that provides that information.

My suspicion is that this may not even be a bug. Investing.com collects the data from some source and then performs calculations on it. If they are pulling the data from some outside source in order to do the requested calculations, their source may have cut back on the amount of older data available.

Even if it is something inside their control, they may be having other issues which affect many more readers than the 29 week limitation. If this is the case, you may just have to wait.

A better idea would be to try to make your system independent of a free tool. You may be able to find a pre-existing indicator. You may be able to figure out how Investing.com's calculations are done. If you can figure out the math, you can either code an indicator or pay a coding service to do it for you.

@Tony Stark so what exactly did investing.com do wrong??

And how could they fix it exactly??

Usually free tools do come with restrictions to prevent abuse. Maybe they have a subscription service or direct api access that may be more stable?

Last edited:
Thank you both Pharaoh and 4evermaat for replying, to answer Pharaoh first, yes absolutely the every next day I made a full functional one myself. I would just appreciate a response back.

To reply to 4evermaat, no they do not have a subscription or api access.

I'd love to see how it works. If you want, go ahead and start a thread in the Personal Trade Journals folder (or Commercial Trade Journals if you're planning to sell your indicator).

To tell you the truth, I've been using this system for so long, however then some weird things started to happen. Thus, I decided to move to another system.

invite-opc.png
The OP has invited the company to this discussion on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:20 AM

Back