Investors Europe has Stole US$8,486.40 from me

nat55

Recruit
Good day,

I have been trading mainly cash indices such as Dow, DAX and FTSE for a number of years now since 2010.

In June 2013, I opened an account with an Investors Europe, who claimed to be a regulated broker both in Gibraltar and Mauritius.

The reasons for favourably considering Investors Europe were:

1) 1 point spread on major cash indices (DAX DOW FTSE etc…)

2) High leverage of 500-1

3) No negative reviews about Investors Europe on the web.

I therefore decided to try them out although they were not a major brand in the online trading arena.

One last issue which I needed to resolve with them before finally opening the account was their stance on Dividend charge/pay on Indices Short/Long Positions. Some brokers charge dividends on overnight short cash indices positions and pay dividends on long cash indices positions, when applicable, whereas other brokers do not charge/pay dividends on cash indices at all.

So before opening a live account with Investors Europe I checked their terms and conditions and there was no mention about their policy regarding dividends and swap. So I sent their support department an email asking several questions regarding issues which I was not clear about and they responded clearly by return email and amongst others they unambiguously stated that they do not charge/pay dividends on cash indices.

So I finally funded my account and started trading on my newly opened account.

And indeed for over 2 years Investors Europe did not charge nor paid me any dividends on any of my trades until July this year when I suddenly and totally unexpectedly found a dividend charge of US$8,486.40 on my account.

I was shocked as this detail was confirmed in writing and in fact they honoured their agreement between us for over 2 years.

I approached them about it but all my attempts to get investor Europe to refund this deduction were rejected.

I then approached the regulatory authorities in Gibraltar and they stated categorically that Investors Europe is not regulated with them and I have similarly been advised this week by the regulatory authorities in Mauritius that Investors Europe is not regulated with them either.

I am not sure who I can approach to get this matter resolved.

These brokers are operating in no man's land and treat possession of our money as the basis of their law enforcement practice, while we traders can do very little to protect our rights.

Can you kindly please assist me in resolving this issue?

Many thanks

Nitzan Tal

Check carefully. Is this Investors-Europe.com or InvestorsEurope.com? Those appear to be 2 different companies. My suspicion is that one may be a clone firm.

Depends on indices, no dividends payed on the DAX, you need to check DOW/FTSE , the CAC does pay dividends.

Only a few of the major Brokers provide sufficient information on their webpages concerning this matter, all the others hardly know the meaning of the word, dividend !

Check carefully. Is this Investors-Europe.com or InvestorsEurope.com? Those appear to be 2 different companies. My suspicion is that one may be a clone firm.

these 2 are the same brokers - they falsely claim to be regulated by FSC Mauritius but I checked with the FCS there and they confirmed that Investors-Europe are not regulated with them.

In any case they crooks and this is just a warning for anyone who can see this post to be very careful and not open an account with them - you will get burnt like me.

Depends on indices, no dividends payed on the DAX, you need to check DOW/FTSE , the CAC does pay dividends.

Only a few of the major Brokers provide sufficient information on their webpages concerning this matter, all the others hardly know the meaning of the word, dividend !

Most serious (FSA UK regulated) brokers are well aware of dividends and will tell you clearly their policy on that if you just ask

and you are right - No divs on DAC but all others yes

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Had been trading as well the cac in a carry swing buy mode (fxcm) even tough dividend payments were mentioned, never saw any positive roll, when phoning their representative, all I got was a headache. Could be related to the high leverage……need to check this again with those long time around brokerage firms.

Latest rumors says Uk police had blocked some fraud account and were able to restitute funds to victims (rumors ?)
I guess you filled complaints , consider FCA Ombudsman as well.

thanks Oscarra for your input, however Investors Europe are not regulated with FCA, in fact they are not regulated anywhere although they claim falsely that they are now regulated with FSA in Mauritius who have denied that.

so simply Investors Europe are crooks - just be careful, get your money out quickly before it is too late

Back