Is Forex dead?

StanisBarateon

Highly Suspicious Person
So I've talked to couple of people who used to trade Forex and they all say that it's basically "slowly dying".
I refuse to believe it - I started to learn how to trade like a year ago and don't want all my efforts just be pointless.
Should I continue to learn... or should I quit? I didn't invest any money - just time.

at what point is it dying? the markets are as strong as every! constantly moving and working people making profit might be dying but that is because everyone is trying to get rich quick!

I am not quite sure what exactly does it means “slowly dying”. This is the largest market in the whole world and there is increasing number of traders who are entering this market

Any business has periods when it is not in demand or is undergoing some structural changes. But I do not agree that forex is dying and that it will not exist tomorrow. On the contrary, in comparison with all other directions on the market Forex is one of the most profitable, where even the smallest capital can bring profit to its owner. Maybe some decline is caused by the fact that now in this business comes less people, because some prefer passive ways of earning. But those who have been here for at least a few years and earn steadily will not give up this pleasure and freedom, which is provided by forex.

I think one advantage forex is market open 24 hours 5 days a week, good option as part-time business only, while you still can work in daily basis, and then after rest in the home, we can take our laptop then turn on to monitoring the market, if there is good opportunity then take action to speculate, because as trader actually only as one small speculator in currency pair

Yes, Forex trading works slowly. But it is right to say the Forex market is the leading platform for getting the highest profit. Every trader have to spend quality of time as well as enhance trading skills to maximize capital. With sufficient knowledge and best practice, everyone can be a successful trader!!!!

Those who are unable to get profit from forex trading, they will be saying that forex is dead. You have to give your time and efforts to market and then it will start rewarding you. Most of the people are trying to get rich quick in this market and they end up losing hope very soon.

at what point is it dying? the markets are as strong as ever! constantly moving and working people making a profit might be dying but that is because everyone is trying to get rich quick!
You are right getting quick rich tries can die a trader in terms of investment. Forex itself is not harmful they way we choose to get profits, greed or high risk-taking that is not safe. people who lose all the time due to wrong planning or high expectations they say forex is not good business. However in this market, many successful traders are working since many years.

So I've talked to couple of people who used to trade Forex and they all say that it's basically "slowly dying".
I refuse to believe it - I started to learn how to trade like a year ago and don't want all my efforts just be pointless.
Should I continue to learn... or should I quit? I didn't invest any money - just time.

For what reasons do they believe it is dying???

I certainly do not think you have wasted your time learning.

Back