Is Forex News Calendar real-time?

1DollarGuy

Recruit
Hi all,

Just a quick question: has the Forex News Calendar become a real-time page by now?

(I saw some remarks in this forum, dating back to October, that it would be RT very soon, but I cannot find further info on that...)

Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if it's been upgraded or not. I'll try to check it against some of the news releases this week and see what happens.

Do some of you guys "trade the news"?
Just curious I would like to know which broker you use if you do trade the news.
Thankx

Last edited:
Do some of you guys "trade the news"?
Just curious I would like to know which broker you use if you do trade the news.
Thankx

Well, in any case: not yet...
I am still thinking about it, because I think it may be hard to enter a trade at a desired price when the spread increases alot during news...

Any suggestions for a good "news trading fit" broker are welcome!

Yes, I think news trading is only safe in brokers with fixed spread because the spread increase could f**k up your position.

Last edited:
At 8:15 this morning, I refreshed both the Forex Factory Calendar and the Forex Peace Army Calendar. Both returned the Canadian Housing Starts info.

I doubt either is fast enough to use for pre-spike entries (you'll want to consider SNW if you wish to try that). Both did get the info in well under 1 minute. This should usually be fast enough for those who want to enter a trade to try catch the retracement.

News Calendar Development

Opinions on how to improve news calendar are very welcome and collected at the bottom of the page : Economics calendar

As per your suggestions, development team is planning:

a. Work on the charts feature, making calendar a research tool for historical analysis of market behavior associated with specified events.

b. Integrate Forum and Calendar, enabling live discussions of trading events, posted in the calendar.

c. Currently there is a slight delay in news update, that certainly will be fixed.

Please use the link above to submit your suggestions

Back