1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is FPA just a scam itself or just very sloppy?

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by Rob McDonald, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Rob McDonald

Rob McDonald Recruit

So I'm starting to wonder if FPA is just a scam itself to shape reviews to favor it's own IB revenues from it's broker partners. I've submitted several positive reviews now for services I have used over several months, none of these were actioned it seems and I was not contacted as to why they may have been rejected.

To really stir it up somebody with the same first name (no surname used) and location is trashing one of my brokers now, they are going to love that, how about a little bit of accountability guys?

I'll be very interested as to how you answer this, or if it just gets deleted from your forum.......

2. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

The FPA does not collect email addresses from reviewers. 80% or more of reviewers do not have forum accounts.

If you submit a review and it does not appear within 5 business days, all you have to do is us the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure how the FPA can be held accountable for someone else named Rob who doesn't like one of your brokers. This would be easier if you would have said which brokers you are talking about. I'm not going to dig through hundreds of brokers checking to see which ones have a bad review from someone named Rob.

I can tell you one reason your posts may have been rejected. IBs have a vested financial interest, so generally can not leave rated reviews. Also, if you included an IB link in a review, that will result in an automatic rejection. There's a place inside the Classified Ads forum for affiliate links.

Another conspiracy theorist. :unhappy:

If you have other questions about reviews, there's an FAQ...

Forex Peace Army Forum - FAQ: Forex Peace Army FAQ

And I've also got some info here that should make things more clear...

Basic Training - Forex Peace Army Forum

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Let me guess. Rob MacDonald is posting 5 star reviews for brokers he gets money from, probably with his own affiliate links, and now wonders why he can't promote his profits in the reviews, right?

Dude, I would think it's obvious that you can't give 5 stars to a company that's paying you money to bring them business and can't post links to bring you more money in a review. If those poor schmucks that our favorite AssMod supervises didn't prevent such things, every broker with an easy IB program and every clickbank product would get hundreds of meaningless 5 star reviews from people trying to turn the reviews into their own billboards.

If you REALLY think these brokers you work with are so great, then leave a no rating review without a link in it and I'll bet His Modliness or one of his minions will approve it.

4. SMFX

SMFX Private

FPA seem "OK" to me, but I have had a couple of reviews that I posted which were not published. Both reviews were based on my actual live trading experience with the product and broker in question, and were balanced and reasonable rather than emotive. My motives were just to inform other traders. Not sure why they didn't get posted, but since then I've decided not to post any further reviews on FPA.

I think the important point here, is to NOT TRUST ANYONE on the web. The Web-Based affiliate thing is getting out of control, and there's conflicts of interest all over the place. So take everything you read with a grain of salt. Getting objective information on a fx product is near impossible. If you do some research on the booming Web Affiliate industry, you'll immediately recognize all the tricks they use to catch a sale and generate traffic (e.g. Forums, Fake Review Sites, Blogs, Newsletters etc etc) . It is unbelievable and mostly unethical and unregulated.

The best source of information is from people you know well who have used the product.

#4 SMFX, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. Rob McDonald

Rob McDonald Recruit

Actually Pharoh one of my reviews was for a tradinlg educator, and not 5 stars, are you saying 5 stars reviews are not allowed? Then why have a rating system?

I've traveled the world, done all the expo's, and there are very few educators or brokers I would bother to rate, the best will probably never even get a mention on FPA. I have also never received or ask for an IB fee, I personally have an issue with the whole IB structure in this industry at present as too many players are scamming money on IB fees by promoting crap systems that trade actively for little trading profit, but generate a STACK of fees. Great for the broker, great for the IB, CRAP for the trader as it has nothing to do with being a great trader, or making the most profit for the effort you put in.

I have YEARS of experience with the reviews I've done, I've run their ideas through system builds and worked out what parts I like and what don't suit my profile, I've taken profits out of those brokers with no issue, other traders I know have had issues at times but that was not my personal experience. Every broker gets a bad review eventually, we are in an industry built on greed, let's not kid ourselves.

My question to FPA is does it disclose all it's IB relationships for the world to see?? Are the IB's & advertisers tagged on their profiles so that their relationship (via revenues) with FPA is transparent? I know some steps are taken by Felix such as "reviews may be grouped when i tell people to come make them" or such, but how transparent is it really?

If this project is genuine why not register it as a Non-Profit and take it to the next level, making it a truly independent service?

If you pick and choose reviews based on total personal speculation as to the relationship I may or may not have with that company, this this whole project is simply a revenue raising joke with the odd bit of good advice, which would be a true shame, but not a great surprise given the $$'s you can cream in an industry like this.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

I never said 5 stars weren't allowed. I do know the FPA doesn't allow company reps, affiliates, or IBs to leave rated reviews.

As our favorite AssMod said, if your review doesn't show up, use the contact link. I know the review moderators work hard, but I'm willing to bet they might occasionally make a mistake and hit a delete button instead of an approve button. I also know that large databases like the reviews can occasionally have hiccups so that a submission disappears.

Your problem is much more likely to be resolved by writing in and asking why a specific review didn't make it than by throwing out accusations and speculations.