Is it best to start with just one currency pair to learn fundamentals?

A trading pair has two currencies so you need to follow the news of those two currency's country in order to generate good consistent profit trading that pair. In light of this you can take a single currency pair into consideration to analyse it easily and properly.

Yes, going for single currency pair seems to be a good idea for learning fundamentals as one can concentrate on all aspects and factors and news releases affecting the currency pair. If you are a beginner, it is always better as it is easy to trace its movement, instead of messing you up with many. Plus, you can analyze that pair for different time frames like 5 min, 15 min, 1 hour, 1 day and so. Both fundamental and technical analysis of one pair will give you hold over it and afterwards, you can add more pairs to your platter.

Understanding of economics news at one currency pairs is very good cause many aspect about economic news at certain country and impact from its , So if mix with other currency pairs then its will give confusion in learning and knowing the habits when news released in that certain currencie's pairs

It is good to make practice on any one pair for fundamental trading . Traders can not focus many pairs for this purpose . I follow fundamental trading with one or 2 pairs but one at a time . As much practice is done on a specific pair you are experienced and good predictor about it.

It is good to make practice on any one pair for fundamental trading . Traders can not focus many pairs for this purpose . I follow fundamental trading with one or 2 pairs but one at a time . As much practice is done on a specific pair you are experienced and good predictor about it.

It will actually depend on what kind of a trader you are and how you are going to manage your trades.

If you will put more efforts on the news and the events that are taking place then it will give you best results in your trades :D

It will actually depend on what kind of a trader you are and how you are going to manage your trades.

If you will put more efforts on the news and the events that are taking place then it will give you best results in your trades :D

I am a trader who will prefer to do his trades using the Fundamentals and this also means that i am waiting for the time when the news will come out in the markets and then i can look for the trading directions.

I think a start up needs to master one currency first. Maybe start with EURUSD since it's widely used. There will be a lot of help online too if you have questions. After you're comfortable with it, that's the time that you can probably explore.
vbsmile.png

Concentration and knowledge is very important in forex trading. If you will trade on one currency pair using any method, you concentration will be good on it. So its a good decision to opt one currency pair at one time.

I'm new to forex, only thing I have ever done is copied trades & used Zulutrade for the past couple of months. I have also watched some training vids on candlestick patterns trying to learn about those in an attempt to teach myself technical analysis.

Now my question is based on trying to learn fundamental analysis after watching Jarrat Davis's free training vids & other research online. I was going to learn all about technical analysis & base my trading on that but now I'm not so sure. Problem I have is I don't watch the news or have any understanding of the world economy, hence the reason I was going to base my trading on technicals.

Now to start learning fundamentals is it best to chose a currency pair & focus on news about that one pair so I'm not trying to take in too much info & get confused & overwhelmed?

Maybe you should focus on one pair and try to learn how it "breathes". In the meantime learn about macroeconomics and focus only on that single pair (best for beginners is EUR/USD) until you feel comfortable. In time things will start to clear up and you can find correlations with other pairs.

Well if u asked Warren Buffett, he'd tell you that you cannot have 30 children and know each one of them. Different markets or even currency pairs have different behaviors. So if you excel in only one pair, you may not be able to transfer what you learned to trade another pair.

Back