Is Your Trading Room (YTR) GPT program a ponzi scheme?

"I have just been read an email written by ex YTR director Patrick Braid that discusses the deal that ex YTR directors Rich & Liz Warren (Liz was also YTRs legal representative) have put together with Oliver Velez to recoup funds they lost in GPT."

The above was skyped to me today from a very concerned YTR GPT member who is very worried that members might get sucked into some new program cooked up by the above mentioned group of people. I share that concern.
Please be warned people. Richard Waryn, and Patrick Wade (looks like someone got their surnames a bit muddled) were two of the members of the last YTR management board who resigned on February 1.
We have no way of ascertaining who was at fault in all this. Les/Ray Freeman is claiming that it is those former board members who ran off with the money. Shareholders I've talked to tell me that Freeman always held very tight control of the money and had sole access to the bank account. So who to believe? I don't know.
But why do these people keep getting into bed with each other? These guys are palling up with Oliver Velez. Again, we don't know whether Velez or Vicarro and Murray were responsible for the demise of Team Traders. But the same names keep coming up repeatedly, and they all know that the GPT and Team Trader programs were designed for 80% of participants to fail in.
Also Liz Waryn, the wife of Richard Waryn, is the lawyer, Elizabeth Katkin, who emailed me emphatically denying that Les/Ray Freeman held any management role in YTR - a blatant lie, from a lawyer.
The member committee formed shortly after the demise of YTR is voluntarily working very hard to try to find a worthy place where YTR former members can learn and trade. These people are doing this for no gain, financial or otherwise, whatsoever. They're very concerned about this reported foray of Messrs Wade and Waryn. Heed that warning. Don't be duped again.

Here's the video I've been trying to post:
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/-re9NUBga-M[/VIDEO]

The above was skyped to me today from a very concerned YTR GPT member who is very worried that members might get sucked into some new program cooked up by the above mentioned group of people. I share that concern.
Please be warned people. Richard Waryn, and Patrick Wade (looks like someone got their surnames a bit muddled) were two of the members of the last YTR management board who resigned on February 1.

Exactly - this will be some super duper cooked up program by the one and only Laurel and his mate Hardy or was it Asterix & Obelix - Distend to burst into millions of dollars of nothing! Cry for Me, Argentina!

Of all the more or Less Freeman articles this one's a true Classic:

Oh the Ironic Developer of the true WMD: Wealth Mass Destruction:

[URL="http://www.couriermail.com.au/wealth-seminars-big-loss/story-fna7dq6e-1111115127491"]http://www.couriermail.com.au/wealth-seminars-big-loss/story-fna7dq6e-1111115127491

As far as Velez, Vicarro, Murray et al aka Team Trader, They're all damaged goods and some of the sleaziest slim this earth's ever spawned. And they continue to resurrect themselves over and over.... In fact when TT blew up Murray morphed into the MD of YTR's GPT program.

I guess bad PR is better than good PR because the former gets spread so much further while the latter fades from memory.

So who or what comprises this "member committee?" Are they really interested in trading markets themselves or are they looking to shadow trade calls?

Perhaps they're searching for a solid prop firm, one that's solid, regulated and doesn't require deposit, sounds to good to be true?

Not for the hardcore, opportunities exist, just need to know where to look and how to apply yourself, just like trading the market per se.

"Sorry,
You've reached the message machine of Les,... I mean Ray... Freeman, unfortunately I'm out of the country doing some off-shore bank, aahhh mean fishing in Panama, on vacation, and will return your call sun-burnt, and broke; so please leave a message.

Last edited:
Who are the committee?

Of all the more or Less Freeman articles this one's a true Classic:

Oh the Ironic Developer of the true WMD: Wealth Mass Destruction:

[URL="http://www.couriermail.com.au/wealth-seminars-big-loss/story-fna7dq6e-1111115127491"]http://www.couriermail.com.au/wealth-seminars-big-loss/story-fna7dq6e-1111115127491

As far as Velez, Vicarro, Murray et al aka Team Trader, They're all damaged goods and some of the sleaziest slim this earth's ever spawned. And they continue to resurrect themselves over and over.... In fact when TT blew up Murray morphed into the MD of YTR's GPT program.

I guess bad PR is better than good PR because the former gets spread so much further while the latter fades from memory.

So who or what comprises this "member committee?" Are they really interested in trading markets themselves or are they looking to shadow trade calls?

Perhaps they're searching for a solid prop firm, one that's solid, regulated and doesn't require deposit, sounds to good to be true?

Not for the hardcore, opportunities exist, just need to know where to look and how to apply yourself, just like trading the market per se.

The committee are a few YTR GPT members with a great deal of business experience, who voluntarily agreed to work together to try to find somewhere for GPT members to trade and remain together as a group. These few people (I'm not one of them) have researched several companies. They have been given trial access where they have trialled platforms, strategies and support service. They are presenting the results of their efforts to the members tomorrow.
I applaud their efforts. There wasn't anything in it for them, other than that they know they have used their talents to try to help a large group of people who have been taken advantage of, by YTR

Freeman has taken a page out of the Nelson Mandela election book, buy all your votes with a R2.50 T-shirt and a R0.50 half-loaf of brown bread, and you will win with an overwhelming majority, it works every time and even better the poorer the country.

YTR spins round and round until you believe every word. As I always tell my mates in Africa, suffering after each and every election – Cry for Me, Argentina!

I am a GPT member and am stumbling around in the dark!!!
I cam across this thread in a search for what is happenning with the progarm and have to commend Lynne on her extensive, thorough and detailed research and investigation.

In your last post you indicated that the "committee" would be sending out some info today...

Do you know if this actually happened, as I have not received any mail and until discovering this thread, was not aware of the existence of the "committee".

Sorry if the protocol for this message is incorrect...am happy to be guided :0)

Freeman has taken a page out of the Nelson Mandela election book, buy all your votes with a R2.50 T-shirt and a R0.50 half-loaf of brown bread, and you will win with an overwhelming majority, it works every time and even better the poorer the country.

YTR spins round and round until you believe every word. As I always tell my mates in Africa, suffering after each and every election – Cry for Me, Argentina!

hmmmm, I guess if the majority is wearing rags and hungry and some one like Mandela makes an offering maybe he's fufilling a basic human need,

But wait Mandela was made political prisoner by a racist regime, While Freeman never served any time or bread, just his own greed

And at a cost of 20K a head,

He's definitely white-bread,

and -collar criminal

and no doubt conservaTive

to the Tee.

The committee are a few YTR GPT members with a great deal of business experience, who voluntarily agreed to work together to try to find somewhere for GPT members to trade and remain together as a group. These few people (I'm not one of them) have researched several companies. They have been given trial access where they have trialled platforms, strategies and support service. They are presenting the results of their efforts to the members tomorrow.
I applaud their efforts. There wasn't anything in it for them, other than that they know they have used their talents to try to help a large group of people who have been taken advantage of, by YTR

I see, but there are very few legit and stable opportunities out there, especially in fx.

There is always some angle, whether its selling over priced education or strategies, opening an account with a broker dealer to qualify, or climbing the funding latter....etc. ad nauseam

"Research" is key, but if one's trading background is minimal to begin with (no matter how business savvy), one is a novice and can not effectively ascertain what real prop access requires: Funding,Speed, Liquidity (in FX) and Low Costs. Comparative analysis is futile if one's looking in the same "segment" as YTR, because its not professional, its all retail quasi-hype. Your upfront cover cost goes to the company or for their "services" and not to back your trading account. Typical fleecing.

hmmmm, I guess if the majority is wearing rags and hungry and some one like Mandela makes an offering maybe he's fufilling a basic human need,

But wait Mandela was made political prisoner by a racist regime, While Freeman never served any time or bread, just his own greed

And at a cost of 20K a head,

He's definitely white-bread,

and -collar criminal

and no doubt conservaTive

to the Tee.

hmmmm, I guess the stupidity of the liberal world will never stop to amaze me, Mandela was sent to jail because he was and is a terrorist - from Wikipedia since you most properly won’t believe someone who’s brother was killed by the scum. “The Church Street bombing was a car bomb attack on 20 May 1983 by Umkhonto we Sizwe, the military wing of the African National Congress (Nelson Mandela), in the South African capital Pretoria. The bombing killed 19 and wounded 217, and was one of the largest attacks engaged in by the ANC during its armed struggle against apartheid.”

Yeah the Liberal GOD Mandela!!! Why don’t the Liberals see Osama Bin Laden as their second GOD? Since Mandela's military wing killed another 22 846 white farmers since his release kicking Osama Bin Lades ass by a mile!

To get back to my point, I have met Freeman once or twice; he is definitely liberal and very left, hope that clears all uncertainty for once and all.

P.S - If you don't believe anything written above, Google it, or you can obtain statistics from the South African Government, please make sure of your facts before you write rubbish!

Back