I've been scammed by 'Michael Davis' - LibraMarkets.com

Drygrass

Private
I received a phone call from Michael Davis (might not be his real name) who said he worked for Libra Markets (L.M.) recovery and he was recovering and paying back people like myself who had opened a trading account with L.M. He told me due to regulations within L.M. they were closing the accounts and refunding my initial investments, plus, he maybe able to send me some of the profit my account had lost in recent months.
I went along with him - as I did have an account with Libra Markets which had just gone into negative equity.
We used 'Team Viewer' on my laptop and he showed me how to open up a wallet. He then helped me set up a Master Card payment for £700.00 to buy BTC's and put into the wallet. The transaction went through Simplex.com
He then wanted me to set up another wallet and make a deposit - but my bank kept blocking the transaction.
It was then I realised something was not right.
Later that night I was informed by Simplex my purchase of BTC's was being sent to my wallet - and gave the wallet address but I had no idea where it existed so started to panic. When I eventually found my wallet at Atomic.com it was empty. The BTC's had been deposited but four hours later it had been transferred to another wallet. I could see this in my wallet and on the Blockchain.
After a lot of conversations with Atomic and Simplex support and my Bank, I had to concede I had been scammed. Both Simplex and Atomic had done nothing wrong. Hence, my bank said they are unable to activate a 'Chargeback'. The £700.00 plus the £35.00 transaction fee has been lost to this scammer - unless anyone knows of a way of recovering it?

These are the details I have of this scammer:
NAME: Michael Davis
EMAIL: Michael Davis / finance - refund division <michaeldavis.finance@protonmail.com>
PHONE NUMBERS (he called me on): +44 2080 898207, 898249, 898319, 894847, 897846, 898319. One number came up on my call identifier saying it was from Any-Trades.Com

I have reported this scam to https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/.

Can you call Mastercard directly and report Fraud? Most credit card companies allow you dispute charges directly with them and they can also flag a merchant for fraudulent activity.

Can you call Mastercard directly and report Fraud? Most credit card companies allow you dispute charges directly with them and they can also flag a merchant for fraudulent activity.
I would like to think so but I do not think my card supplier can pursue a Chargeback as apart from the scammer, nobody has done anything wrong. I've contacted Simplex support and Atomic support and they can't help or do anything - as they have done nothing wrong - as I'll explain.
From my Atomic wallet (under the guidance of the scammer) I purchased the Bitcoins. The actual financial transaction then went through Simplex.com. They took the payment of my card (scammer was disconnected from my laptop during this process) and Simplex delivered the Bitcoins into my Atomic wallet. Simplex have therefore fulfilled and completed their contract for the purchase and delivery of my Bitcoins into my wallet.

The scammer must have stolen the password for my Atomic wallet when we were setting it up together. He was then able to access my wallet, which he did, then moved my Bitcoins into another (His?) wallet. Hence, Atomic wallet have done nothing wrong. Wallet providers are decentralised - so they have no access or trace of the transactions or the purchase/selling, movements of peoples wallets contents. The transfer from one wallet to another can be seen on the Blockchain. But the Blockchain only allows you to view movement, dates, times, Wallet I.D's - but nothing is traceable - it doesn't even have a Support/Help service.

I would like to think so but I do not think my card supplier can pursue a Chargeback as apart from the scammer, nobody has done anything wrong. I've contacted Simplex support and Atomic support and they can't help or do anything - as they have done nothing wrong - as I'll explain.
From my Atomic wallet (under the guidance of the scammer) I purchased the Bitcoins. The actual financial transaction then went through Simplex.com. They took the payment of my card (scammer was disconnected from my laptop during this process) and Simplex delivered the Bitcoins into my Atomic wallet. Simplex have therefore fulfilled and completed their contract for the purchase and delivery of my Bitcoins into my wallet.

The scammer must have stolen the password for my Atomic wallet when we were setting it up together. He was then able to access my wallet, which he did, then moved my Bitcoins into another (His?) wallet. Hence, Atomic wallet have done nothing wrong. Wallet providers are decentralised - so they have no access or trace of the transactions or the purchase/selling, movements of peoples wallets contents. The transfer from one wallet to another can be seen on the Blockchain. But the Blockchain only allows you to view movement, dates, times, Wallet I.D's - but nothing is traceable - it doesn't even have a Support/Help service.
Are you still in touch with the scammer? You can track their location via email if they are still responding to your requests.

I received a phone call from Michael Davis (might not be his real name) who said he worked for Libra Markets (L.M.) recovery and he was recovering and paying back people like myself who had opened a trading account with L.M. He told me due to regulations within L.M. they were closing the accounts and refunding my initial investments, plus, he maybe able to send me some of the profit my account had lost in recent months.
I went along with him - as I did have an account with Libra Markets which had just gone into negative equity.
We used 'Team Viewer' on my laptop and he showed me how to open up a wallet. He then helped me set up a Master Card payment for £700.00 to buy BTC's and put into the wallet. The transaction went through Simplex.com
He then wanted me to set up another wallet and make a deposit - but my bank kept blocking the transaction.
It was then I realised something was not right.
Later that night I was informed by Simplex my purchase of BTC's was being sent to my wallet - and gave the wallet address but I had no idea where it existed so started to panic. When I eventually found my wallet at Atomic.com it was empty. The BTC's had been deposited but four hours later it had been transferred to another wallet. I could see this in my wallet and on the Blockchain.
After a lot of conversations with Atomic and Simplex support and my Bank, I had to concede I had been scammed. Both Simplex and Atomic had done nothing wrong. Hence, my bank said they are unable to activate a 'Chargeback'. The £700.00 plus the £35.00 transaction fee has been lost to this scammer - unless anyone knows of a way of recovering it?

These are the details I have of this scammer:
NAME: Michael Davis
EMAIL: Michael Davis / finance - refund division <michaeldavis.finance@protonmail.com>
PHONE NUMBERS (he called me on): +44 2080 898207, 898249, 898319, 894847, 897846, 898319. One number came up on my call identifier saying it was from Any-Trades.Com

I have reported this scam to https://reporting.actionfraud.police.uk/.
Can you manage to get an actual website?

I'd still consider reaching out to the card provider, the sooner the better.
They've helped me previously with situations where I didn't think there was any worthwhile end.

In fact I do not agree with the title.
Michael Davis helped me get my money back two and a half months ago!
And from what I understand he was fired because of this forum !!
He's a good guy and even comes to volunteer at a live shelter

In fact I do not agree with the title.
Michael Davis helped me get my money back two and a half months ago!
And from what I understand he was fired because of this forum !!
He's a good guy and even comes to volunteer at a live shelter
Libra Markets recovery ... ok. Amazing story.
Did he donate part of recovery proceeds to the shelter? Which shelter, provide name and address.

Back