1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been scammed last January 2010

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by mysticgirl2010, Feb 18, 2010.

1. mysticgirl2010

mysticgirl2010 Recruit

Last January 07, 2010 I applied a job posted in mycanadajobs.com website under the Ritz Hotel London job posting. In that web site you need to create your account so that when you applied for a job, you can easily accessed your resume.
    The start date that it has been posted was December 12, 2009 and the end date was January 16, 2010.
    I have received an mail on that day saying that I have an Interview schedule on January 09, 2010 at 10AM on their time and I had my interview through YM account by this Mrs.Sina_Forest@yahoo.com (The Ritz Hotel Agency named was Symbol of Peace Agency Aegis of Abbey Recruitment).

After my interviewed for almost two (2) hours, they said that I had passed the interview. After that they sent to me some documents.

For further details of this, I can send you all the documents they have sent to me. Just send me an e-mail account where I can send all the documents I have received and sent to them.

When they are asking for fees after the BTA I have sent to them, I doubted about it and I found out that I am scammed when someone told me that I should enquire with the website of the hotel if there’s really a vacancy and if those persons I mentioned is really the staffs, and I enquired for it. I have done a lot of research and the names they have given were correct that’s why I believed on them. And the first payment I made was addressed to the Hotel manager (Stephen Boxall).

Day after the hotel responded on my letter saying that I am a victim of scam and they said that they forwarded this problem to the police authorities. I have sent them all the documents that I received and what I have been sent to those scammers. Even if I knew that this person are scammers I still responded with their e-mail and YM messages so that they wouldn’t think that I’m making actions in regards with their wrong doings. Days after dated January 26, 2010 someone e-mail me saying that they are the Crime Watch (head of operation - Sam Dede Umudei) and EFCC (Chief Investigating Officer - Dr. Amobi Anene) reside in Nigeria saying that they have arrested the leader of that scammer which is Chidi Okafor based on the information and details given to them. According to EFCC and Crime watch my money will be back and I just need to fill in the information they are needed and they forwarded it to the bank (UBA Head of Customer Care Unit is Mrs. Ntim N. Ntim) so that that the refund will be release to me as soon as possible but I need to pay the 105 dollars for the Transfer Stamp Duty Charge Fee so that the refund will be release.

I reported this matter because I think that I am scammed again, but it is really impossible because the only one who know that I am been scammed is the Hotel (which I forwarded all the documents that I have sent and received) and they are the one reported it to the police authorities, and I know that those scammers could not detect that I’m making actions in regards with this matter because Im still communicating with them.Is it possible that they would know all the messages I have sent?

All the letters sent to me by the EFCC, Crime Watch and UBA and FBI United Kingdom was here in my inbox.
    I doubted that I scammed again when I read your posts saying that the FBI didnt warned or threaten the victims of scammed. They said that if I cant complied with the fee needed I will be arrested and detained and I responded that how come it will happened to me if I am here the victim and the one took actions in regards with that scam. The mrs.sina_forest@yahoo.com also threatens my life that they will kill me.
    Last February 05, 2010 I already completed my payment for the Duty Stamp Charge Fee and they made a reason that they havent receive this amount but when I inquired to the Cutomer Service of Wetern Union the money was already been claimed and based of what I have read in your website thats why I doubted them and writing to you now.
    I am writing to you because I really wanted them to be arrested for their wrong doings. Im in debt because of those persons.
    Below are the complete details of messaged that i received and whom i inquired in regards with some information i want to clarify with. I will sent you all the content of the messages i received and sent to them as you wish just sent me just give me your e-mail address where I can send it and current communication was not included here .

It started when I applied a job online at this website (mycanadajobs.com) dated January 07, 2010 under the Ritz Hotel London, UK. The location stated there was United Kingdom and Canada. The date posted was December 12, 2009 and the closing date was January 16, 2010.

Received E-mails

Saved into my Spam Folder

Monday, January 08, 2010 3:32 PM with this subjest “MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR VISA PORCESSING” from "BRUNO JOHNSON" <bruno.johnson@yahoo.co.uk as the Online Visa Application Coordinator

Tuesday January 26, 2010 12:38 PM, I received a mail from EFCC Nigeria that the subject was “ YOUR HAVE BEEN SCAMMED IN INGERIA...PLEASE READ ON” from "EFCC NIGERIA" crimewatch.nigeria@rediffmail.com and the named below was Dr.Amobi Anene, Chief Investigating Officer,EFCC Nigeria. The addressed stated there was 72 WESTERN AVENUE VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS NIGERIA

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:26 PM, I received a mail from "CRIME WATCH" crimewatchorganisation@gmail.com with this subject “
    INTERNET SCAM REPORT” and the person named below was Mr.Sam Dede Umudei, Head Of Operations

Friday, January 29, 2010 5:58 AM , I received a mail from
    "UBA" ubabankinggroup@rediffmail.com with this subject “TRANSFER RELEASE ORDER AND THE TRANSFER SLIP” and name below was Mrs.Ntim N. Ntim, Head,Customer Care Unit. The TEL: +2348057116555 and FAX:+234-UBA NGR state..

Monday, February 1, 2010 3:25 PM , I received a mail from "Federal Bureau of Investigation United Kingdom" inquiryfbi@live.com with this Subject “FROM FBI UNITED KINGDOM TO MISS ELISAN PHILIPPINE”and the named below was Robert S. Mueller, FBI Director and the header of the message was ANTI-TERRORIST AND MONETARY CRIMES DIVISION
    FBI HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
    FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
    J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING
    935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, NW WASHINGTON,
    D.C. 20535-0001
    Phone Number:+447011164712

Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:46 PM PM , I received a mail from
    "Chimezie Opiah" chimezie_opiah@yahoo.com the receiver of the remaining 55 dollars with this subject “CHECK THE MONEY TRANSFER WELL” and the name below was Mr.John Fletcher and the message header was THE RITZ HOTEL LONDON
    150 PICCADILLY LONDON,W1J9BR,UNITED KINGDOM,
    E-mail:the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com,ritz.hotellondon@europe.com TEL:+4470-240-738-69

Saved into my Inbox Folder

Note: Some of the messages I recived from the crime watch and other e-mails was saved into my Inbox. All informations here was the first letter and some which important attached files can be located. Until now I still received a mail from crime watch. Not all the messages was here but if you want all I will send it to you.

Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:14 AM PM , I received a mail from "John Fletcher" johnfletcher39@live.com with this subject “OFFICE OF THE HUMANRESOURCES MANAGER,RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT”

Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:04 PM, I also received a mail from "the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com" the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com with this subject “Office of the Recruitment & Human Resources Officer” with an attached file named as “Application_Form.jpg” and some content of the message was they gave me the named of the agency under their hotel SYMBOL OF PEACE EMPLOYMENTS AGENCY aegis of Abbey Recruitment;Contact Person: Mrs. Sina Forest.E-mail: mrs.sina_forest@yahoo.com and at the bottom of the message the name was Diana Diaz Recruitment & Human Resources Officer Office Tel:+4470-240-738-69 Office Fax: +44 (0) 20 7300 2255 Email: mrs.linadiaz@yahoo.com. In which the scheduled of my interview of the said agency was stated(January 9th 2010 by 10:00 am in London Central time ).

Monday, January 11, 2010 10:57 PM, I received a mail from the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com" the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com with a subject “Re: Clarification” but the first subject was” Office of the Recruitment & Human Resources Officer” because the first message I have received the named and the job stated for me was incorrect. It has an attached file named as “THE__RITZ__HOTEL__EMPLOYMENT__LETTER.JPG”
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:25 PM, I received a mail from "symbolofpeace@consultant.com" symbolofpeace@consultant.com with a subject “ENTRY VISA APPLICATION FORMS AND WORK PERMIT REGISTRATION FORM” . It was stated on the message that my start date was February 15, 2010 and the visa will be out on the 4th of February and the first payment will be sent to the Manager's name Mr.Stephen Boxall and the named below was Mrs. Sina Forest

Monday, January 18, 2010 10:15 AM, I received a mail from "Chidi Okafor" okaforchidi42@yahoo.com with this subject “Re: Payment Information”. On the message it was stated their that he is accountant to the British Immigration and also a treasurer.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:54 PM, I received a mail from "worldtravelsolution@consultant.com" <worldtravelsolution@consultant.com with a subject “YOUR VISA APPLICATION ALERT”.The header of the message was
    Home Office
    Direct Communications Unit
    2 Marsham Street
    London SW1P 4DF and the name below was
    DR.ROGERS KELVIN.

CC: THE RITZ HOTEL LIMITED LONDON

SYMBOL OF PEACE RECRUITMENT AGENCY LONDON.
    ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF EMPLOYEES.
    CENTRAL LONDON COURT.
    BRITISH EMBASSY.
    SCOTLAND POLICE YARD.
    LONDON CENTRAL HOSPITAL.
    BRITISH IMMIGRATION CLEARANCE UNIT

Monday, January 25, 2010 9:28 PM, I received a mail from "BRUNO JOHNSON" bruno.johnson@yahoo.co.uk with a subject” URGENT”. This was the last message I received from them.

Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:09 PM I received a mail from
    "Kate Rosene" soldiersoflord@gmail.com with a subject “I SAW YOUR NAME IN THE LIST OF SCAM VICTIM IN NIGERIA”. According to her letter she was one of the victim of MR.Chidi Okafor.The name below was
    Mrs.Rosene Kate.

soldiersoflord@gmail.com
    2364 7Th Concession site 6 Comp
    10 RR 8 Msc Millarville AB Tol 1KO
    Canada.

The last message received was stated below;

Saturday, February 6, 2010 12:09 PM, I received a mail from
    "CRIME WATCH" crimewatchorganisation@gmail.com with a subject “HOW ARE YOU?” and the content was this;

ATTENTION (My Name was written here)...

How are you doing.I heard from the FBI that money you sent was picked
    up by another person.I am scared of this because it seems that the
    group of Mr.Chidi Okafor maybe tracing all the information you sent to
    us.He also inform me that you are to open a new email address for
    communication.I assure you that you are safe and your compensation
    money will be refunded to you duly as ordered by the United Nation.

Just open the new email and send it to me.

Sam.

Inquiries where i knew the truth

Received Replies for my Inquiries

I inquired in the website Welcome to United Bank for Africa Group ...Africa's Global Bank, Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:04 AM on this e-mail. I received a reply last Inquiry Friday, February 5, 2010 1:40 PM with this e-mail address juliet.jemedafe@ubagroup.com saying that the documents was not original and she’s the Customer Interaction Centre United Bank for Africa Plc/ UBA House (6th floor) 57 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria Phone: O+234- 01-2808822 ext 65023 Mobile: 080-35606000. For further enquiries, you can call our Customer Interaction Centre on the numbers below: +234 800 225 5822, +234 700 225 5822, +234 1 2808822

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:59 PM, I received a mail from "Barry Gendron"BGendron@theritzlondon.com with a subject “Re :- Scam” and some content of his message saying that “By virtue of this I have forwarded all the information at our disposal to the police authorities”
    and the named below was Barry Gendron Head of Security
    Telephone: +44 (0)20 7493 8181
    Facsimile: +44 (0)20 7493 2687
    Email: bgendron@theritzlondon.com

I’m still communicating with them because I don’t want them to think that I’m taking actions in regards with this so that they will be arrested easily.

Below are the numbers they are using in calling me:

One private number that didn’t reflect on my CP
    Current number used by Mr. Sam Dede Umudei - +2348136691619
    Note: Still some of the previous numbers stated above was still calling me but I didn’t answered it and this mrs.sina_forest@yahoo.com that was added in my Yahoo Messenger was sending me a message that threatening me. I also saved some of our conversations that will served as proofs.

E-mail Accounts Used

the.ritz.hotellondon@london.com
    mrs.sina_forest@yahoo.com
    symbolofpeace@consultant.com
    bruno.johnson@yahoo.co.uk
    okaforchidi42@yahoo.com
    crimewatchorganisation@gmail.com
    crimewatch.nigeria@rediffmail.com
    soldiersoflord@gmail.com - she said she’s one of the victims but I think she’s one of the scammer.
    chimezie_opiah@yahoo.com

E-mail where I inquired to know the truth
    enquire@theritzlondon.com - The Ritz Hotel London inquiry e-mail address
    bgendron@theritzlondon.com - The Ritz Hotel London staff that replied me
    info@oisc.gov.uk - in which I reported the scam I discovered and what happened to me
    CIC@ubagroup.com – replied me last Feb. 6, 2010 saying that those persons presenting as the bank are fake.
    Philadelphia.complaints@ic.fbi.gov - I also inquire in this account but I haven’t received any reply yet.

I also file a complaint in the website of FBI &mdash; Federal Bureau of Investigation Homepage to tell the scam that happened and so that actions will be taken for those persons but i havent received yet any reply from them.

I created a new e-mail as what requested by the crime operations based on the last letter they have sent that the previous people that scammed monitors all my e-mails. For further questions kindly message me. All the proofs and messages I have received is here with me.

Hoping that you’ll take actions in regards with this. I’m looking forward to it.

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

First, this forum is for forex scams. It looks like you got nailed by a very common "pay us and we'll get you a job" scam.

Second, real FBI contact addresses would end in fbi.gov, not in anything like live.com, etc. Anyone can make a live.com, rediffmail.com, yahoo.com, etc email address. Forward that fake FBI-UK message to the real FBI, along with full headers.

Third, report these people to all the real authorities you can find. Go to the actual websites of the agencies for contact info.

Forth, ignore any threats coming in with bogus email addresses. They are just trying to extort more money from you. Ignore any requests for fees for investigation. The FBI and other government agencies won't be asking for money to check out a crime. If you reply to them, they'll find new ways to threaten you.

Fifth, ignore any other requests for money by email. If you are applying for a work visa, discuss with the real contacts at the potential employer what visa agency they recommend and if they will cover the visa fees. Some jobs do, some don't. There shouldn't be any other costs to you to apply for a job, and you shouldn't apply for a work visa until you have an employment contract in your hands.

You've been scammed. The odds are that you will never see whatever money you sent again. Your only recourse now is to report these criminals and warn others to avoid this type of scam.