• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss JAFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
the user crying about the money lost during downtime... should be MORE than happy with what they did. not closing the trades after the site came back online because he claims he is waiting for support to tell him whether to close them or not? if you're not waiting hoping they come back your way, then you should 100% of the time close them and work with support to sort the issue out. market moves even farther against you and you blame support for not telling you to close the trades? using your own money here people. if you decide to play with lot sizes that your account can't handle drawdown on, in trades that could potentially have lots of drawdown, and don't set proper stop losses, i'm sorry but you have no room to get upset with anyone but yourself over losing half your account.

i had a friend lose some in a trade affected by some downtime yesterday, they sorted his situation out within a few hours he contacted them at a specific time saying he wanted to close his trades out but couldn't, showed them screenshots of where the price action was at the time via other platforms, and was contacting them at the time he was wanting to close, so there was no question of his intentions after the fact, as opposed to conveniently just saying he wanted to close them at whatever time during the downtime would have been optimal for his positions, like the OP is doing.

i had a couple of positions open during the same downtime you are talking about. however, i had my stop losses set up and don't tend to babysit my trades unless i'm scalping anyway. i was scalping on one of the positions, but even when scalping i use stop losses and proper risk management for my account size and win rate, so while i was frustrated by the downtime, it had little to no affect on how my trades actually played out. and i certainly wouldn't blame the downtime for the movement the market made during it. i was monitoring the pair that i had a trade open in, ready to contact support with screenshots if i wanted to close out my trade and trust support to deal with it appropriately after the downtime issue is solved. in the event the trade went the wrong way and hit my stop loss... that is trading, so be it, it would have happened regardless of the downtime, unless i saw something else in the market that made me convinced my scalp setup was no longer valid and close out a bit early, but this is something i rarely do anyway.

in ANY case, they still took care of you. and to be perfectly honest, judging by how you have responded to the situation, you probably saved a lot more money than you would have had there been no downtime, THANKS to their support.

i promise you, if you take every single losing trade you make, and assume that you and only you are the SOLE cause of the loss, and evaluate it from that perspective, your win rate WILL improve. failure is the best teacher.

i truly do hope the best for you and your account. i hope you can learn proper trading methods to secure steady growth and reduce losses. i hope you never have to deposit again and can build the life you want and achieve true freedom through your trading endeavors!

have a wonderful trading day/week/month/year everyone!

the user crying about the money lost during downtime... should be MORE than happy with what they did. not closing the trades after the site came back online because he claims he is waiting for support to tell him whether to close them or not? if you're not waiting hoping they come back your way, then you should 100% of the time close them and work with support to sort the issue out. market moves even farther against you and you blame support for not telling you to close the trades? using your own money here people. if you decide to play with lot sizes that your account can't handle drawdown on, in trades that could potentially have lots of drawdown, and don't set proper stop losses, i'm sorry but you have no room to get upset with anyone but yourself over losing half your account.

i had a friend lose some in a trade affected by some downtime yesterday, they sorted his situation out within a few hours he contacted them at a specific time saying he wanted to close his trades out but couldn't, showed them screenshots of where the price action was at the time via other platforms, and was contacting them at the time he was wanting to close, so there was no question of his intentions after the fact, as opposed to conveniently just saying he wanted to close them at whatever time during the downtime would have been optimal for his positions, like the OP is doing.

i had a couple of positions open during the same downtime you are talking about. however, i had my stop losses set up and don't tend to babysit my trades unless i'm scalping anyway. i was scalping on one of the positions, but even when scalping i use stop losses and proper risk management for my account size and win rate, so while i was frustrated by the downtime, it had little to no affect on how my trades actually played out. and i certainly wouldn't blame the downtime for the movement the market made during it. i was monitoring the pair that i had a trade open in, ready to contact support with screenshots if i wanted to close out my trade and trust support to deal with it appropriately after the downtime issue is solved. in the event the trade went the wrong way and hit my stop loss... that is trading, so be it, it would have happened regardless of the downtime, unless i saw something else in the market that made me convinced my scalp setup was no longer valid and close out a bit early, but this is something i rarely do anyway.

in ANY case, they still took care of you. and to be perfectly honest, judging by how you have responded to the situation, you probably saved a lot more money than you would have had there been no downtime, THANKS to their support.

i promise you, if you take every single losing trade you make, and assume that you and only you are the SOLE cause of the loss, and evaluate it from that perspective, your win rate WILL improve. failure is the best teacher.

i truly do hope the best for you and your account. i hope you can learn proper trading methods to secure steady growth and reduce losses. i hope you never have to deposit again and can build the life you want and achieve true freedom through your trading endeavors!

have a wonderful trading day/week/month/year everyone!

I agree.
I doubt many brokers would have refunded.
From my experience with JAFX they have always done what they can to help and been more than fair.

Yes,but only small account.Execution is good enough to trade the news,spread ok but not withdraw yet.
Will update soon.
Please do. I have never had any problems so continue to use JAFX. I have seen mixed reviews though so will be interested to see what you say.

Back