• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Jumeirah resources plc

I am having an issue with a company
Hello ppiper2 & Big T1,

thank for the financial Regulators Gateway.

Thanks to your scam alert I felt encouraged to post my case to this forum.
But as far as I see our cases are slightly different as I was able to change my papers to electronic versions and sell at least some of them at the unregulated Frankfurt market.
I simply asked my local bank to shift these papers to my account and it took some 3 weeks to happen. My paper versions look exactly as yours so maybe you try again with your local bank or contact me privately.
But the problem is: even if you have the electronic version, you simply cannot sell them. There may be a demand for about 1.000-5.000 shares per month but the price is down to 0,1 €. So when you bought 15.000 shares in April 2012 for € 1,- each, you paid € 15.000,- . Now they are worth € 1.500,- but you will find no one to buy them within a year.
On December 15th the unregulated Frankfurt market (“first quotation board”) will be closed due to some “irregular practices”. Jumeirah Resources PLC. (JMR) has up to now not succeeded to enter the new “entry standard” for the Frankfurt market. So the shares will not be tradable anymore.
Of course the German police is involved and things are going but the main actors of this fraud are not tangible. I have no addresses of the “brokers”, only mobile numbers and E-mail addresses. No chance to talk to them if they refuse. The call me and offer transactions of JMR shares to other companies – if I invest some more money. And JMR will disappear from the scene in 2013. So if anyone sees any solution, please help me!
BTW: The website of JMR is
JUMEIRAH RESOURCES PLC - Active in low risk infill oil drilling programs.
Thanks and Regards
Karl51

Talk to the German police and see if they want you to to keep in communication with the scammers to gather data.

If nothing else, please post the new BS companies they want you to invest in here.

Shareholders,
I visited the website and found an announcement as of November 4 that their is to be an annual meeting of JUMEIRAH RESOURCES PLC in Dubai:
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Date: 26 November 2012
Place: Suite 508, The Fairmont, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai United Arab Emirates at 9am
As I recall at least one of you may be in range to attend?
You should all band together and appoint by proxy someone to vote your shares at the meeting if anyone can get there.
The proxy form is also posted on the website.
You should read the notice and confront the management regarding your conversion and liquidity issues.
In the notice is a contact email address for queries regarding the meeting:
Contact Saleem Ali via email: saleem@gulfmetrics.com
It sounds like a complete change of ownership and management is about to occur for some portion of the company.
Sorry I have not had time to dig in to the details of the company, due to major power outages here in NY recently due to hurricane damage.
Best regards,
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Dear Anthony, Pharaoh,
thanks a lot for your comments and assistance.
Pharaoh, I’m in more or less frequent contact with the German police and will contact the BAFIN (regulators gateway) next week. The problem with the BAFIN is, that they control the trade of shares and if they find out any “irregularities” they will stop the trade of these shares. As I wanted to sell JMR it was not my first goal to wipe them from the exchange market. But as they will disappear within the next month anyway, I will contact the BAFIN now.
Regarding the new companies they want me to invest in they offered the following: “Safari minerals”, “Clear point project”. I don’t know much of these companies but do not want to invest any further money before getting some back.
Anthony, thanks a lot for looking up the website. I found it some hours before, too. I’ll keep you informed on the next steps and will contact ppiper2 by personal mail.

Regards
Karl51

Karl51,
Haven't you learned your lesson as of yet?
Do not purchase any more OTC securities from any firm not openly traded on a legitimate, regulated exchange!
AI

And, don't buy anything from anyone who cold calls you. Legitimate investment opportunities have no need to randomly dial potential investors.

If everyone would refuse to listen to all telemarketing sales pitches, the world would soon be free of the bane of telemarketers.

Anthony, Pharao,
never again I would spend any money in companies like that. You asked me for the companies my brokers offered me. I named them in #14. Of course they would not offer me “blue Chips”.
And, Pharao, it is not a “cold” call now: they know I have a lot to loose and I’m keen to get some back. That’s why they always offer me companies that allegedly want to buy my JMR shares – if I buy some of their shares. After that they will tell me that I have to increase my invest so the company will buy my shares. The brokers get their part and the companies close down. I do know now!
As I’m German and not that familiar with your language I had some difficulties understanding the history of Jumeirah Resources PLC. Here’s a link
Grid Petroleum Corp (GRPR): Yes, Jumeirah Resources PLC is the company that
Maybe some of you can give me an idea of what happened to GRPR as I did not succeed finding anything about them. I’m afraid they are planning the same with the Jumeirah Resources INCORPORATED (based in Malta) now (see link below). What’s your opinion?
http://jumres.com/agmdocs/JMR UK.notice of AGM.4 November.pdf
see p. 4
http://jumres.com/agmdocs/JMR Malta.notice of meeting.4 November.pdf
Karl51

A lot of boiler room scams have a second level called something like a "recovery room". This section of the scam operation calls you (often times claiming to be a completely different company than the original scammers) with a plan to recover your money. The stories vary, but any deal ALWAYS involves more cash leaving your wallet before any money can be made available to you.

Karl
Have you had any luck in tracking down JMR Malta. Like you I invested in the original JMR but haven't received replacement shares in the new company

Hi Mikest, Ppiper, Big T, Pharao
Just want to give a short update of the JMR story.
I’m sorry but I haven’t been able to get any information about what is going on with JMR. A written request to JMR Malta wasn’t answered at all, E-Mails to JMR Dubai/UK weren’t answered and E-Mails to some of the other shareholders named in the “directors report” were undeliverable or not answered. There hasn’t been any change on the website of JMR for 6 months now.
Ppiper also contacted me, telling that his attempt to involve the British Police was not successful.
I also contacted Anson Registrars, the UK based company that has run JMRs share register until February 2012; they admitted to have cooperated with JMR but did not want to give any details as to why they terminated their cooperation.
At present I’m not very confident to get my money back; I got no more ideas as to how to contact JMR and force them to change my shares, make them tradable and get a reasonable price for them.
Maybe you, Ppiper or BigT and Pharao have any more ideas. Looking forward to any recommendations.
Karl

Back