Juno Markets turned out to be a scam

veri5

Sergeant
Hello Dear members, after long pause I am back with classic case.
Broker stealing profit with some very lame excuse. It turns out that profit is "considered unfair trading practice" ......
Last week I traded Canadian interest rate with good profit, risked with my own capital, closed trade in profit more than 4000 USD, but it seems that it is just unfair to be in profit or maybe I don't understand something, below is their letter:

"
Dear Client,

On September 6th, 2017 at approximately 14:00:00 GMT time, a rate decision from the Bank of Canada caused significant volatility to the Canadian dollar. As a result there was significant appreciation on the Canadian dollar.

As an STP broker, Juno Markets does not prohibit trading during news events. However, in regards to the event mentioned above, Juno Markets’ counterparties (Liquidity Providers) along with Juno Markets reserves the right to refuse to transmit an order due to what the company may deem as unfair trading practice or trading behavior.

We have determined that the trading activity in your account during this specific event has been considered unfair trading practices and will therefore cancel the results of these trades.

An adjustment on the balance of your account will be done to reflect the cancellation of these trades.

For further information regarding our Terms and Conditions, you may visit the following link.

You may contact us at support@junomarkets.com if you have any further questions. "

from this I don't understand what unfair trading practice I did, traded in profit, traded rate decision of Canadian dollar or maybe trading at 14:00:00 GMT time is unfair??

Dear members please help me sort it out

Did you ever have any other issues trading news events with Juno Markets?

Do they list their LPs? My general rule is that if a claimed STP or ECN company won't openly state who the LPs are, then there probably aren't any LPs.

Send the link to this thread to JunoMarkets. Ask them to come here and explain things.

No issues before, although I traded with them only for short period from July. On website they claim :

"Key features:

100% No-dealing desk execution – all trades are sent directly on to the most efficient liquidity venue without our intervention
All EAs accepted – We accept any EA strategy, including high frequency trading and scalping"

But in reality I see how this efficiency work. And this even was not high frequency scalping EA. Even if they have LPs these must be affiliated companies and such setup would not stand any reputable regulator compliance IMHO.

I have sent them an invitation.

seems they are too shy to come here... but they sent me email and want to talk :
"We would like to further explain the email you received and the events that took place during the Bank of Canada rate decision on September 6th, 2017. Trades are hedged to our liquidity providers who will confirm trades prior to Juno Markets executing orders to our clients. Orders are confirmed at the current market price and then passed on to our clients with a spread markup. In extremely rare instances a price may be confirmed which is off market (not the current price at the given moment). Due to the nature of this event, trades were not filled at the most current market prices and were filled at a price which no longer truly existed. In such cases, Juno Markets reserves the right to nullify trades which were executed off market.

We see that you have had an account with us for several months and hope that your trading experience have been exceptional. This is an extremely rare occurrence that we do not take lightly and welcome to have a further discussion with you via a phone call at the time of your convenience so we may have an open dialogue regarding this case.

Please feel free to reply with a time and phone number which would be convenient for you.
"

only thing is it was market price and no evidence of opposite .... I took big risks and want my reward, interesting if price would go opposite direction and I lose, then broker too would like to cancel trades? what was market price to Juno liking?
https://gyazo.com/2a0e90f7f95b20dcb88b7b0f1eca095a

they continue to produce nonsense responses to my complaints :

"Dear ,

Subject: Complaint received by Juno Markets (“Juno”) regarding an off-market
trade placed on 6 th September 2017

We refer to the above mentioned subject and do hereby inform you of the following:

1. On September 6th, 2017 at approximately 14:00:00 GMT time, a rate decision
from the Bank of Canada caused significant volatility to the Canadian dollar. As a
result there was significant appreciation on the Canadian dollar (“the Event”).

2. Several trades placed by you on USDCAD (the “Trade”) were conducted with the
aim of exploiting delays due to the latency of the pricing feed and the effect on the
adjustment of the quoted prices resulting from the Event.

3. As an STP broker, Juno does not specifically prohibit trading during news
events. However, in regards to the Event and any such similar significant event,
Juno’s Liquidity Providers (“LP”) along with Juno “reserve the right to refuse
and/or reject trading strategies that are aimed at exploiting errors in prices
and/or concluding trades at off-market prices” (paragraph 25.3 of Juno’s Terms
and Conditions).

4. Further to paragraph 3 above, Juno’s LP has voided the Trades on the grounds
that the Trades were “off-market due to the latency in the price feed and were
deemed to be behavior taking advantage”.

5. Juno has in turn voided the Trades on the grounds that the Trades were concluded
at off-market prices and were aimed at exploiting errors and delays in prices in
accordance with paragraph 25.3 of Juno’s Terms and Conditions.

We remain at your disposal for any further clarifications. "

I see very superficial attitude there, at first they can not even write my surname right in their letter, ok it does not apply to the case, but in their letter there they wrongly state that I placed several trades, but actually only one trade was placed with partial closing, so I assume there was no investigation because there is nothing to investigate, moreover this ridiculous statement that they allow news trading ....

so I plan to escalate this to FPA trader's court and also report to my local regulator so they blacklist them in my country - Latvia, and then share this information with other regulators in EU, Juno Markets is already blacklisted in Hong Kong www.leaprate.com/financial-services/rules-and-regulation/hong-kong-sfc-adds-juno-markets-alert-list/

Dear Pharaoh, what do you think can I proceed with this case to traders court already?

Dear veri5,

We have made several replies to you directly, as well as within a separate FPA thread. In addition, we would also like to give you the option to lodge a complaint with the Financial Commission, a 3rd party dispute resolution board that Juno Markets is a member. We are able to provide further confidential evidence that wouldn't be applicable to a public forum.

We would like to state that we take all complaints seriously and always strive to make customer service a priority. For the record, this was an extraordinary case and by no means is a standard practice. Based on your previous trading history with us, you may agree that news trading has always been allowed and acceptable with Juno Markets.

Best Regards,
Juno Markets

Broker stealing profit with some very lame excuse. It turns out that profit is "considered unfair trading practice" ......
Last week I traded Canadian interest rate with good profit, risked with my own capital, closed trade in profit more than 4000 USD, but it seems that it is just unfair to be in profit or maybe I don't understand something, below is their letter:

"
Dear Client,

On September 6th, 2017 at approximately 14:00:00 GMT time, a rate decision from the Bank of Canada caused significant volatility to the Canadian dollar. As a result there was significant appreciation on the Canadian dollar.

As an STP broker, Juno Markets does not prohibit trading during news events. However, in regards to the event mentioned above, Juno Markets’ counterparties (Liquidity Providers) along with Juno Markets reserves the right to refuse to transmit an order due to what the company may deem as unfair trading practice or trading behavior.

We have determined that the trading activity in your account during this specific event has been considered unfair trading practices and will therefore cancel the results of these trades.

An adjustment on the balance of your account will be done to reflect the cancellation of these trades.

For further information regarding our Terms and Conditions, you may visit the following link.

You may contact us at support@junomarkets.com if you have any further questions. "

from this I don't understand what unfair trading practice I did, traded in profit, traded rate decision of Canadian dollar or maybe trading at 14:00:00 GMT time is unfair??

"
Dear Client,

please provide this evidence to me and to Forex Peace Army, but I don't believe there was off market price, exactly the same trade was accepted by other regulated broker I am trading with, that's the reason I think something fishy is going on here with my canceled profitable trade, I will turn to Financial Commission also if I consider it needed, but at first I wanted opinion of Forex Peace Army

Back