• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss KeltnerPRO.com (Jared Rybeck)

General discussions of a financial company
Had to ask for refund

No manual version. Nothing even on the charts. Just does it's thing and for me it has not been a very good thing. So far.

Keltner Pro was not working for me. Jared was very nice working with me through emails and concluded that, FXCM does not work well with this EA. I lost about 5% during the 60 day trial. I do not believe this is a scam in any way shape or form. My refund was returned promptly. I wish for nothing but good things for those who have this EA.

Hi Anthony,

I also have and account with ATC Brokers. Dave and his staff are excellent. In all the years I have been with them, I have never had any issues. I'm thinking of getting the Keltner Pro and wondering what lot size you are trading with this EA.
The minimum lot size that you can trade with ATC Brokers is now .05. I don't want to risk a lot with this EA. I would rather be opening .01 lots per trade with a risk of 2%. Do you think .05 lot setting would be safe with a $7500 balance?
Sorry for the late response; I have been extremely challenged lately due to some tough family medical issues.
The lot size is automatically computed by the EA if you choose to use the Money Management feature it contains (which I strongly recommend).
I recommend you establish a fresh $10K demo account at ATC if that is the broker of your choice and apply money management at 3%.
If you wish, trade a live account at 1% until you are comfortable.
If you cannot meet the minimum margin requirements for ATC, let me know by private message and I will assist.

AI

Last edited:
Keltner Pro was not working for me. Jared was very nice working with me through emails and concluded that, FXCM does not work well with this EA. I lost about 5% during the 60 day trial. I do not believe this is a scam in any way shape or form. My refund was returned promptly. I wish for nothing but good things for those who have this EA.

Hello FPA Member Bond,
As a long-time fellow FXCM client both thru ATC Brokers IB and more recently directly, I can concur with you that since making its transition to a tight spread plus commission model in September 2014, FXCM has suddenly and consistently become quite deficient in providing open, continuous, and liquid markets during fast markets, like those that often surround news events. They have even apologized publicly for client lockouts during such.
I am not referring to my Keltner Pro results, because I have been dormant in testing this EA lately, due to external circumstances. However, in my manual trading I have experienced exactly the same situation.
I intend to follow-up on this issue with them and you, which appears unique to FXCM, even though they are large and liquid.
In my opinion this is shameful and worthy of further investigation.
I can assure you that those anomalies are particular to FXCM, and can not be placed on the shoulders of Keltner Pro itself.
We all know that live trading is much more difficult than theoretical models suggest, and that is why one must always use prudent risk and do due diligence on the liquidity providers with which we choose to associate.
Remember, the Forex markets are roughly in the same condition of the stock markets in the early 1900s. No central clearing, little or no regulation, bucket shops, and outright frauds.
For the unfamiliar I strongly recommend reading a sweet little book written a century ago: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. Google it.
Once you sit for 3 hours on a toilet and read this, your universe will surely change, as did mine 30 years ago.

Despite that, a Drawdown of 5% used as the reason to pull the plug on this EA is not really appropriate, regardless of any poor broker execution.
You must carefully size your trading to accommodate your comfort level with the worst case scenario plus room for errors, to properly assess any model.
In my opinion this model is one of the very few likely to succeed unassisted in the long run, if operated on a fair trading platform.
Stay tuned,
AI

Last edited:
The drawdown was not my reason for leaving Keltner Pro. I thought that was information others may want to know. My reason for leaving was the fact Jared stated that FXCM does not work well with Keltner Pro. I wanted my money back before his two month return policy expired. Why stick with a product that will not produce with my goods. If I change brokers, which I am looking into, then I may think about buying Keltner Pro once again. FXCM has become a major disappointment to me and as you stated Keltner Pro needs "a fair trading platform."

Keltner Pro

The drawdown was not my reason for leaving Keltner Pro. I thought that was information others may want to know. My reason for leaving was the fact Jared stated that FXCM does not work well with Keltner Pro. I wanted my money back before his two month return policy expired. Why stick with a product that will not produce with my goods. If I change brokers, which I am looking into, then I may think about buying Keltner Pro once again. FXCM has become a major disappointment to me and as you stated Keltner Pro needs "a fair trading platform."

If you want a good broker, look up ATC Brokers. I have been very happy with them. You can even get a segregated account with them. Dave Manoukian the owner always has time to spend with you to answer any of your concerns.

Hi there,
I just purchased KeltnerPro and got it setup on 2nd DEC, Next morning I noticed it did not do the trades on 3rd like Jared's myfxbook shoes. So I removed it from all 4 charts & loaded it again & it traded on the 4th. Again on 5th today it did not trade again. Now I did not make any changes & also checked Journal & the MT4 never even blinked or I mean disconnected at all. So why is that it is trading 1 day & not the next. I have dedicated computer setup for this & its set to never sleep & its running MT4 24/7. Any assistance will be great!

Back