• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss KeltnerPRO.com (Jared Rybeck)

General discussions of a financial company
Hi Anthony, first of all thanks for sharing all the information, tests and opinions about that interest EA.
Could you please provide us more information about the foundamentals of why you think this is a good EA for the
long term horizon and based on your undestanding and trials what is a possible conservative set up (low risk) for a 2000 Euro's
account ?
cheers
Maxsi

Last edited:
Hello FPA Member Bond,
As a long-time fellow FXCM client both thru ATC Brokers IB and more recently directly, I can concur with you that since making its transition to a tight spread plus commission model in September 2014, FXCM has suddenly and consistently become quite deficient in providing open, continuous, and liquid markets during fast markets, like those that often surround news events. They have even apologized publicly for client lockouts during such.
I am not referring to my Keltner Pro results, because I have been dormant in testing this EA lately, due to external circumstances. However, in my manual trading I have experienced exactly the same situation.
I intend to follow-up on this issue with them and you, which appears unique to FXCM, even though they are large and liquid.
In my opinion this is shameful and worthy of further investigation.
I can assure you that those anomalies are particular to FXCM, and can not be placed on the shoulders of Keltner Pro itself.
We all know that live trading is much more difficult than theoretical models suggest, and that is why one must always use prudent risk and do due diligence on the liquidity providers with which we choose to associate.
Remember, the Forex markets are roughly in the same condition of the stock markets in the early 1900s. No central clearing, little or no regulation, bucket shops, and outright frauds.
For the unfamiliar I strongly recommend reading a sweet little book written a century ago: Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. Google it.
Once you sit for 3 hours on a toilet and read this, your universe will surely change, as did mine 30 years ago.

Despite that, a Drawdown of 5% used as the reason to pull the plug on this EA is not really appropriate, regardless of any poor broker execution.
You must carefully size your trading to accommodate your comfort level with the worst case scenario plus room for errors, to properly assess any model.
In my opinion this model is one of the very few likely to succeed unassisted in the long run, if operated on a fair trading platform.
Stay tuned,
AI
Hi Anthony, first of all thanks for sharing all the information, tests and opinions about that interest EA .
Could you please Shops provide us more information about the FOUNDAMENTALS of why you think this is a good for the EA
long term horizon and based on your undestanding trials and what is a possible set-up conservative (low risk) for 2000 Euro's
Account?
cheers
Maxsi

Dear Keltner pro am communicating that today opened by your EA 3 so detailed SELL orders: 1- sell the USDCHF 0.86026 another 2- 3- 0.86023 0.86033 and another with lots of 2:30; 2:17; 2:05 when the price be in 0.87241 causing a great loss in my account. The same station still open, Want to know what you guys are doing to reverse this situation in my account. Thank you for your attention. User EA Keltner pro

Last edited:
Dear Keltner pro am communicating that today opened by your EA 3 so detailed SELL orders: 1- sell the USDCHF 0.86026 another 2- 3- 0.86023 0.86033 and another with lots of 2:30; 2:17; 2:05 when the price be in 0.87241 causing a great loss in my account. The same station still open, Want to know what you guys are doing to reverse this situation in my account. Thank you for your attention. User EA Keltner pro

Now this my account situation: The 3 open trades by EA were in lost position at 0.87753 present trade. What I do ? I closed all trades open by EA Keltenre pro, or wait for a correction? The last orientation is that don`t close order open by EA, what I do? abvout 20% of my equitities is lost if i closed. Thanks for help a newbie in forex.

The current situation and the 3 orders opened by the EA in my real account USDCHF: The pair be in 0.87991 represents a loss in open Ordens (-1960pips; (- 1954pips) and (-1964pips) micro account.

In the EA Synergy account does not exist any open order on 1/19 the last shown in FPA screen was on 1/15, unlike what happened in my account that had 3 orders opened on 1/19.

Last edited:
Dear EA Keltner Today were opened 3 orders, 2 in EURUSD and USDCHF 1 in the opening price BUY 1.13202 1.13381 and 1.12915 and 1.13118 and closed. The other of BUY USDCHF open to 0.91296 and 0.91052 closed the. As you may realize losses were 3 orders. In the Statement FPA not appear related to the USDCHF order but in my broker EA Keltner opened. Thank you for your attention.

Dear EA Keltner Today 28.01.2015 were opened 3 orders, 3 in AUDUSD opening price BUY 0.79909 0.79979 and 0.79959 and 0.79961 and 0.79748 and closed and 0.79757 corresponds to results + 52 and -231 and -202 points in my real account with a negative balance of -381 points. As you may realize losses were in total .. In the Statement FPA visualize only one open order while on my account were opened 3. Losses station surpassing the gains in my account. Thank you for your attention. Used google translate.

Hello, are you also on Synergy..?

In case you need an added perspective whether some trades were open on other accounts or not, you can check the results of our test on myfxbook: https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/wwwforexverifiedcom-keltner-pro-test-001/1198206 and on our website: Keltner Pro 002 Performance Test

Hello, I was wondering if you, as all the creators of the best performing EAs on FPA, are using a Synergy account... The fact is that such "broker" is well knowned for altering the results and creating in very few time a big trading history in their MetaTrader (if you pay them, obviously...). But well, I'm sure you've nothing to share with them and that your statement is honest and transparent and that it comes from a serious broker, not some clown somewhere! Bye.

Hello, I was wondering if you, as all the creators of the best performing EAs on FPA, are using a Synergy account... The fact is that such "broker" is well knowned for altering the results and creating in very few time a big trading history in their MetaTrader (if you pay them, obviously...). But well, I'm sure you've nothing to share with them and that your statement is honest and transparent and that it comes from a serious broker, not some clown somewhere! Bye.

For the majority of our tests we are using Forex FS demo accounts, which are constantly running on a VPS. We are not using backtests for any EAs on our website.

Hi,
I purchased my copy of Keltner Pro 8/14/14. I have had mixed results but I did well yesterday on the GBPUSD trade. The EA put three orders as it does. Mine made money on all 3 of those particular trades. I noticed that the master account did not trade that same trade as well so I sent Jared a screen shot of my account to be helpful. But now today my Keltner Pro license is not working. I don't know why my license is not working and I have not heard back from support. Has anybody else had their license tagged in this manner?

Back