• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss KeltnerPRO.com (Jared Rybeck)

General discussions of a financial company
Patrichia,
Good to see you tempering your unruly, unsubstantiated remarks.
I must report to the FPA Membership that you have not replied to my public nor private requests for information, and now it is clear this is because you do not have any to offer.
For the benefit of the Membership I am pleased to announce that with the assistance of AsstModerator, Mr. Jared Rybeck has now provided me with an evaluation copy of the KeltnerPro EA.
I will be testing it backward and forward, first on a Live Data Feed Demo Account, and later I will establish a Real Money test at my own risk with the results made available to all, through FPA.
Stay tuned!

Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0464982

That is good , but their is something better that this.
Which I believe, if every EA provider will put (his account number, broker name , server number, read only password) for the visitors of this site to see themselves, everything, this will cut any doubt as transparency will be their. If the EA provider will make any manual trades to raise the profit of his account, it will be seen in the journal of the account and everything will be monitored.
FPA made a good action, long time ago, when he stopped running EAs on a demo account.
I thing nothing can stop FPA from accepting putting any EA here for sale, unless the provider of the EA publishes the information that enable any one to access the account with investor password, which will never hurt the EA provider at all.
I thing this will make the following :
1 - Enough transparency
2 - More trust in the product and accordingly more sales.
3 - More trust in this site and accordingly more visitors.
We expect FPA to reply to this suggestion, to tell us is it possible to be done or not ?

Testing

I've purchased a copy yesterday and have it set up on an Oanda Demo account on a VPS.

I found it easy to set up and the instructions are clear.

I've sent support a few questions today and response from Jared was prompt and courteous.

Most of my questions were regarding the default settings versus those used on test account running at the FPA : KeltnerPRO Metatrader Expert Adviser Test by Forex Peace Army - Statement

The default settings are: 5% of equity per trade, max of 3 trades per pair (5 pairs). Of course these can be changed.

The manual says the settings in the test account was set at 10% of equity per trade. Jared also informed me that as they were experimenting with different time-frames they had more than 1 chart per pair running the EA simultaneously, which explains why there are sometimes more than 3 trades per pair running concurrently in the history. He said this was reduced to 1 chart per pair recently from around mid-July.

I think this puts the results so far into perspective, it seems the account has been running at more aggressive settings than default, affecting both the profit and drawdown ofcourse. Nonetheless it would still have been profitable, maybe not at 11% per week as the results suggest, but I personally wouldn't complain if it yielded 11% per month.

I'm not expecting any trade soon: the trades yesterday followed a 2 week period of no trades. I've set the risk setting at the 10% of equity per trade.

I'll keep you posted.

Ariel

Last edited:
KeltnerPro

I've purchased a copy yesterday and have it set up on an Oanda Demo account on a VPS.

I found it easy to set up and the instructions are clear.

I've sent support a few questions today and response from Jared was prompt and courteous.

Most of my questions were regarding the default settings versus those used on test account running at the FPA : KeltnerPRO Metatrader Expert Adviser Test by Forex Peace Army - Statement

The default settings are: 5% of equity per trade, max of 3 trades per pair (5 pairs). Of course these can be changed.

The manual says the settings in the test account was set at 10% of equity per trade. Jared also informed me that as they were experimenting with different time-frames they had more than 1 chart per pair running the EA simultaneously, which explains why there are sometimes more than 3 trades per pair running concurrently in the history. He said this was reduced to 1 chart per pair recently from around mid-July.

I think this puts the results so far into perspective, it seems the account has been running at more aggressive settings than default, affecting both the profit and drawdown ofcourse. Nonetheless it would still have been profitable, maybe not at 11% per week as the results suggest, but I personally wouldn't complain if it yielded 11% per month.

I'm not expecting any trade soon: the trades yesterday followed a 2 week period of no trades. I've set the risk setting at the 10% of equity per trade.

I'll keep you posted.

Ariel

Thank you for good feedback. I have also purchased Keltner pro and installed on demo account. It has taken three positive trades of one pair. I have purchase based on the evaluation of their test on live account assuming that there is no manual intervention in the set parameters. I am using default setting of 5% risk level on demo account. I have tested more than 200 EAs and most of them whipped out my accounts, so I not dared to put on live account until I get consistent results on demo first. I am hopeful about success of this EA based on its live account results. My feedback about Jared is very good as has responded promptly to my communication.

I will keep my results and evaluation posted here for public interest.
Regards,
Dhiraj

Здравствуйте.Подскажите стоит ли обращать внимание на советник KeltnerPro? Мне на почту пришло письмо с предложэнием купить советник с 50% скидкой но есть сомнения, что советник в первый месяц заработал 246% а в другие месяца процент очень маленький для дохода.С уважэнием Руслан.

Healthy debate and, in the end, results will speak louder than words.

To FPA
Why you did not publish my comment about account with investor password be available to anyone ? do those words hurt you ? do those words abuse your site ? do those words hurt anyone ?
Can you explain why ?
I sent you the e mail of ear16 that accuses you of many things, I told you I am not against you, but for sure against anyone scam people.
Let me know what type of people you are ? are you with or against scammers ?

Good day ArielKorber, jonjo, gambort, and all others interested in Jared Rybeck's KeltnerPro EA,
I received and setup testing on a Live Data Demo Account at roll-over time, 5 pm EDT (GMT-4) thru ATC Brokers clearing FXCM, on August 7.
This was 4.5 hours ahead of the AUD news event that drove the AUDUSD downward, triggering a trade sequence in KeltnerPro.
My results in real-time exactly mimicked the time and pip results of the FPA test account published here.
Three trades short were taken in AUDUSD, three trades opened and closed at precisely the same times seen in the FPA test.
See Screenshot attached, below.
In order to stress test models, I run testing on a data server that intentionally marks-up the broker spread +1.0 pips. This is typical for a CTA who charges its clients for trading other people's money, such as I do. My test results were within 1-pip average of those shown at FPA on this first forward trade event.
I am also in the process of back-testing this EA. Thus far my results are comparable with regard to timing and pip results to those shown on FPA. I will make a more comprehensive report available soon, and will also be making the test results available to FPA Members through AsstModerator, shortly.
I can confirm that Jared Rybeck is prompt, courteous, and helpful in his replies to my questions.
To date I see no reason not to consider him trustworthy and interested in your success.
We all know how difficult it is to develop a working model that can stand the test of time. Time and patience is what is needed now by all concerned if this one is to be validated.
My testing will use a constant 2% risk per trade and a 3 trade max open positions per pair, lower than the 5% & 3 recommended in the User's Manual. The FPA test is of course, designed to attract attention (which this one certainly has), by running higher than prudent risk. This is more a recognition of a marketing choice rather than a criticism.
Real world users always need to learn from these tests, then adopt their own criteria rather than rely blindly on those illustrated. The main purpose should be validation of the model and the software product's integrity, not the absolute results.

Indeed, Jared used manual risk choices which were higher than those he now recommends to purchasers and varied them during the test period. This resulted in a wildly successful, but somewhat overly risky track record. Users of FPA tests need to recognize the difference between a marketing success and the success of a given model. Considering Jared has been fortunate enough to grow his real account in such a spectacular way AND also attract attention here, is a credit to happenstance only; and should not form the basis of your expectations.
My test will show less extreme total gain, but total gain is not the best measure of performance; nor is it the only measure of the desirability of any particular model.
Professionals look for risk adjusted return, not pure performance. Now that Jared has captured our attention, it is time to validate the reasonableness of relying upon the underlying model for the casual user; and assess a rational way to size positions that will produce a good combination of gain and risk.
Advantages I see of this model are:
1 - It tends to trade during periods of high liquidity (the opposite of quiet period scalpers).
2 - It adds to winning positions quickly, and not to losers (anti-martingale).
3 - Its reward/risk ratio is >= 2:1.
4 - It is a patient trader that seeks infrequent special condition setups, only.
Disadvantages:
1 - It requires deep account free margin available at a moments notice to support large positions.
2 - It requires patience to let it alone and NOT trade; which many users will find difficult to accept.
3 - The FPA test period shown is too short to accept as definitive, yet; due to the infrequency of trades for each pair.
4 - It could possibly have some difficulty in obtaining trade executions at entry points due to spread widening (my conjecture only at this point; TBD).
I wish to thank Jared, William Morrison, and AsstModerator for their assistance in making this independent test happen.
Congratulations to Jared for developing a novel and promising product.
Stay tuned.
AI

Attachments

• Screenshot 20140807 AUDUSD.JPG
    Screenshot 20140807 AUDUSD.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
To FPA
Why you did not publish my comment about account with investor password be available to anyone ? do those words hurt you ? do those words abuse your site ? do those words hurt anyone ?
Can you explain why ?
I sent you the e mail of ear16 that accuses you of many things, I told you I am not against you, but for sure against anyone scam people.
Let me know what type of people you are ? are you with or against scammers ?

You still owe me a public apology in the Broker Arbitrage thread for boldly claiming you had irrefutable proof that the FPA owned Broker Arbitrage based on the speculation in EAR16's email. At the point you posted it, you should already have been well aware that EAR16 was committing multiple unethical actions.

As I have told you more than once, sometimes posts end up in the moderation queue. If it's not spam, it will get approved. Are you are personally willing to pay the salaries for extra forums moderators to cover more hours during the week and also on weekends. If so, I'll hire them for you and instruct them to check the queue every 15 minutes just for your posts.

Please stop filling threads that are supposed to be about specific products with baseless accusations against the FPA. If you have the slightest piece of real evidence against the FPA, be brave and start your own thread in Scam Alerts or General Forex Talk instead of scattering libel around the forums and making me hunt for it.

Posting the investor login information is up to the individual companies. Most will never do that for the following 2 reasons...

1. There is a belief amount some companies that if hundreds of people all accessed the same account using the investor password at the same time, it could interfere with trading from the copy of MT4 using the master password. I do not know if this is true or not. I do know that anyone who believes this would never publicly post their investor password in any major forum.

2. Anyone could load the account into their own copy of MT4 and then resend all the trades using a trade copier. They could do this for their own accounts, or they could sell the trades as a pirated service.

Preventing illegal trade copying is why the FPA has anywhere from a 15 minute to 1 day delay on displaying trades. This is also why the FPA offers the option of covering pending and open trades.

If the FPA implemented your idea, most companies with a profitable test would find their services being pirated within a few days. After that, they would quickly withdraw from Performance Testing. The whole PT program would end within a couple of months.

The account numbers used to be displayed for most tests. Covering the name on the account was optional. Since some Managed Accounts tests use client accounts, this ability was necessary. After MetaQuotes blocked some MT4 sharing sites, including the FPA, I instructed FPA Testing to cover identifying information on all accounts. A few may have slipped through, but most are covered.

Thanks T1!

Sounds like I have some hard thinking to do about this one. It certainly ain't cheap. Your eval is quite useful. Thanks again!

most recent trades (opened 13th Aug) visible on FPA account appear are consistent with the my demo account, which is up 2% as a result

Attachments

• gbpusdm5.png
    gbpusdm5.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 81
Back