• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

You are right , i taught they were the same company.
Info about "Flash Crash" bailout by other companies is correct.
I can only comment about KCG not the KCM if they are entirely different companies.
Thanks for the correction!

Of course the people are mistaken - that is the idea - to SCAM and delude the people. You take two well known companies like the real Fortress Fund (fortress.com) and Knight Capital Group (kcg.com), you steal the names and build a SCAM scheme deluding the people that you are big, old and with good reputation. And of course, that when you fund the account you will see the money inside and you can trade, because they are not stupid. But if you make some good profit and try to withdraw ... I wish you luck. They still advertise them selfs so you probably will be able to withdraw, but wait to the moment when they take the money of enough many people ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I believe that when the client accounts are attached to the master trading account, you can see your account but, will not have control over it for trading purposes.

Correct, the account is under the MAM. You see live trades as they happen, however profit and stop loss levels are not shown. Money withdrawal has to be initiated via the Broker and is advertised to take up to 3 days.

Account is going well- in the first 12 (!) hours of operation 2.5% realised return. Sound ok in my books.
Both the Broker platform as well as the Fortress Fund have responded to emails very promptly in a professional and courteous manner. There are other good operators out there with 7+% returns per month and they are definitely in that league.

So IMHO this is legit. I am satisfied and have recommended this to my family and friends- up to you what you do... ;)

Correct, the account is under the MAM. You see live trades as they happen, however profit and stop loss levels are not shown. Money withdrawal has to be initiated via the Broker and is advertised to take up to 3 days.

Account is going well- in the first 12 (!) hours of operation 2.5% realised return. Sound ok in my books.
Both the Broker platform as well as the Fortress Fund have responded to emails very promptly in a professional and courteous manner. There are other good operators out there with 7+% returns per month and they are definitely in that league.

So IMHO this is legit. I am satisfied and have recommended this to my family and friends- up to you what you do... ;)

This is not Fortress Fund and as I heard the real Fortrus Fund, are going to take legal actions against this fraud.

dussfx,
what you wrote reminded an American Greed episode about Pacific Investment Fund & they were doing the same thing as Fortress/Fortrus Fund thing to PIMCO's name recognition.
Everyone who invested taught that they were investing in Pimco & they lost all their money.
Good eye!
Thank you for taking the time to put a light on this.

Fortress FX Fund is not claiming to be associated with Fortress Investment Group LLC (FIG) and their macro Fortress fund. FIG is a hugely diversified company that has its fingers in quite a lot of portfolio companies and REITs ... the former - the subject of this discussion - is only focused on the FOREX markets. There are also other "Fortress Funds" out there ... there is one in Barbados, for example. I doubt that FIG will be suing Fortress FX Fund as they have not infringed on any intellectual property rights that FIG may have, nor are they claiming to to represent any subsidiary or portfolio company of FIG. Based on their investment briefs, the mission and objectives of the Fortress FX Fund and the macro Fortress Fund are distinctly different.

However, given all this musing, there is still no evidence that I can find which would suggest that Fortress FX Fund is a scam. I certainly acknowledge the point made by Pharaoh regarding the "newness" of the website, however. The only true way to work out if this is a scam is to actually utilise their service(s) and see if what they are claiming is true. So, I have gone and done just that. I, like Alex FD, have funded my own account to provide a determination to the group that is beyond the hearsay and rhetoric. I'll keep you all informed.

Fortress FX Fund is not claiming to be associated with Fortress Investment Group LLC (FIG) and their macro Fortress fund. FIG is a hugely diversified company that has its fingers in quite a lot of portfolio companies and REITs ... the former - the subject of this discussion - is only focused on the FOREX markets. There are also other "Fortress Funds" out there ... there is one in Barbados, for example. I doubt that FIG will be suing Fortress FX Fund as they have not infringed on any intellectual property rights that FIG may have, nor are they claiming to to represent any subsidiary or portfolio company of FIG. Based on their investment briefs, the mission and objectives of the Fortress FX Fund and the macro Fortress Fund are distinctly different.

However, given all this musing, there is still no evidence that I can find which would suggest that Fortress FX Fund is a scam. I certainly acknowledge the point made by Pharaoh regarding the "newness" of the website, however. The only true way to work out if this is a scam is to actually utilise their service(s) and see if what they are claiming is true. So, I have gone and done just that. I, like Alex FD, have funded my own account to provide a determination to the group that is beyond the hearsay and rhetoric. I'll keep you all informed.

Ask yourself a question: Should I trust a company which shows about 3 year verified myfxbook multymillion REAL MONEY account in a broker that shows some absolutely fake awards and its company website is created this year? Should I trust a company which blocked the WayBackMashine bots, after the disqussion of their site existence here? Should I trust someone which is coping the names of two big names in the industry? Should I trust someone which does not have a real address? Should I trust someone which make a cheep SCAM looking page with payd video testimonials? Should I trust someone which is not regulated by any institution at all, but it wants my money?

Okay. I spent the better part of six hours tracking down as much as I could that was open and available to me on the web ... and the news is not good at all, unfortunately. It appears as though Fortress FX Fund is a one-person show run by Ethan Cooper based on his experience in the Australian and British banking systems.

About Knight Capital Markets:

I checked on the physical location of Knight Capital Markets ... the broker appears to be operating out of a registered (virtual) office at 6 Lautatarhankatu in Helsinki, Finland, yet, their bank is located in Malta (USD) and Germany (EUR). Upon investigation, even the Finnish address appears to have been removed from the company information listed at aihitdata.com. This was strange to me so, I looked up the business name in the Finnish registry (https://www.ytj.fi) and there is no "Knight Capital Markets", only "Knight Equity Markets International Limited" who are registered in London. Upon further investigation, I could not locate the date of incorporation in Finland, the company identification number, or the area of activity. The reverse lookup of the provided contact number (+358 9 4259 7801) was not connected to a physical address in Finland.

About Fortress FX Fund:

The "Private Client Access" login on the splash/home page does not have any code that calls to any verification methodology and the elements on the splash page are only structural and not functional. When investigating the awards that he claims to have received at GlobalFundNews.com, users are redirected to barclayhedge.com. barclayhedge.com does not issue awards and they do not have any information on "Fortress FX Fund". I also checked Global Forex Awards ... their URL registered at aihitdata.com is gfxa.biz and there is no website at that URL. The closest I came to "Global Forex Awards" was an Austrian location from 2011, and their award icon did not match that on his webpage.

I looked into the image of the office that he has at "About Fortress Fund" and found that it is an office interior that is advertised by Staffelbach.com as an example of their work at Brazos Investment Group. "Fortress Fund" appears to have been cleverly photoshopped onto the image.

So, I am asking myself a lot of questions right now about Knight Capital Markets and Fortress FX Fund ...

20141105 Barclay Hedge search - Fortress FX Fund.png 20151105 About Fortress Image - Brazos Investment Group.png 20151105 Ethan Cooper LinkedIn Profile.png 20151105 Knight Capital Company Information.png 20151104 Knight Capital Address - 6 Lautatarhankatu Helsinki.png

... I also found that the signature of "Jack Martin, Chief Analyst, Fortress Fund" really belongs to John "Jack" Morrison, Esquire ...
20151105 Jack Morrison Signature.png

Found this thread today - it should be noted that Fortress Fund (FX) has been around for several years and was a leader on Currensee.com before they closed. They just now started allowing retail mainstream accounts. I have followed them on and off and had good experiences but have needed my funds but will be re-investing. The trading is real and highly impressive. It's sad how some people always have to look for negative in everything honestly.

Back