• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

Here is my story with this fund: I was one of the fools that bought the whole "3 year performance" thing and impressive returns and all that. Within weeks of having funded the account, I noticed the guys were way above their historical drawdown. I emailed them asking about their money management systems in place, and why the hell they were allowing that to happen. They reply I received from Ethan Cooper (the "trade desk manager", if he really exists) was the following

"As previously expressed, this correspondence is intended to serve as a courtesy reminder that such activity is entire customary and normal aspect of participating within any managed account program. On an intra-month basis, it is an inherent aspect of the standard "ebb and flow" of a managed account in conjunction with the ongoing and dynamic nature of market prices and daily behavior as we move through our customary "profit cycles".

As you are further aware, these temporary draw down periods only occur every 5-6 months in between our customary and consistently ongoing profit cycles. Therefore, your patience and professional courtesy as our Trade Manager initiates an expedited recovery and new levels of customary success remains genuinely valued and appreciated. As always, the upcoming Holiday Season often times poses slow periods of trading as market liquidity winds down toward year-end as well."

One week after that the account was +150% at some moment. I though "Damn, these guys are good, but why the hell aren´t they closing the wining positions, as the profit was far exceeding the average monthly win". That night I went to bed with an unrealized profit of 4500 USD (from an initial account of USD 3,000).

The next morning (yes, 8 hours later) I opened the platform and realized that the account was on $0!!! YEs, USD 0.00!! The "fund" had turned a nice profit into a complete loss!!! I was pretty pist off about it and email the trading desk (same guy as before) to ask what they had done. His reply was the following:

"I sincerely appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting a comprehensive response to your important concerns. That being said, and when considering the current issue at hand, it will be necessary to recognize, acknowledge, and understand the fact that we are participating within the most risk-abundant, highly volatile financial market in existence during a time in which we are currently enduring a global economic Depression and underlying climate of unprecedented nature on a worldwide scale since the Great Depression.

As such, we have recently experienced inevitably difficult market conditions, based on unprecedented interest rate changes for the first time since 2008. This has transpired on a magnified scale, which has catalyzed unfavorable results uncharacteristic of the achievements the Fortress Fund Trade Managers contracted to oversee the program, as well as all global asset managers, have experienced within a customary economic climate during ideal market conditions. Within such an atypical world environment, unorthodox losses oftentimes result in ultra-aggressive, overly speculative novelty programs such as Fortress Fund.

This unfortunate development has combined with your account having experienced severely inopportune market-entry timing in proximity to the initiation of this recent unfavorable market state.

On that note, I find it very important I address your important concern in comprehensive fashion. The Fortress Fund Manager was utilizing a very sophisticated, methodical employment of positional hedging within client accounts so as to effectively mitigate what otherwise would have been an instantly catastrophic, adverse price movement across all major currency pairs. When hedges are in place, equity remains intact.

Of course, it is a physical impossibility to successfully accomplish negative trade eradication without the necessary periodic release of said hedge positions in strategic fashion at prospective turning points in price action so as to allow corrective price moves to neutralize open draw down while being offset by realized profits generated through the aforementioned hedge orders. When hedges are released, it is necessary to allow price movement to "breath" and illustrate directional bias.

Furthermore, pending re-hedge orders must be strategically placed at selective points far enough in proximity to important support or resistance levels to ensure any re-entry into the hedge is not made in vain. Therefore, equity will bleed in nominal, successive amounts until the proper, successful corrective point is reached. Under typical market conditions, the average trend-based price movement which would necessitate the employment of positional hedging lasts but 1-3 days and requires no greater than 1-3 hedge releases prior to successfully identifying the correct turning point necessary to remove clients from trades intact.

Unfortunately, we have been faced with an astoundingly resilient multi-day directional trend based price movement of unparalleled nature resulting from these FOMC announcements. Your account did not sustain the necessarily successive (and extensive within these circumstances) release attempts and equity "bleeds".

We continue to face a global economic climate of unparalleled proportions since the Great Depression and have chosen to participate within the most volatile, risk prevalent market out of all the financials. As such, and when combined with notoriously thin, unfavorable summer market conditions and a unique disconnect of customary inter market behavioral correlation losses uncharacteristic of standard performance within ideal conditions do occur.

Although it will be no consolation to your frustration, it is of paramount importance you understand that we have endured, as a world society and global investors, a first-time global market climate and world economic condition absolutely unmatched in decades. This marks a unique juncture in this Manager’s 3 year record flawless aggressive trading.

Based upon our longstanding, personalized communication with one another, I'm confident you will recognize the fact that I am sincerely regretful of having had clients, including yourself, eliminated from market participation. Your ongoing recognition and understanding of current conditions as well as the unwavering state of my dedication with the sincere best interest of clients at heart is both valued and appreciated.

For these reasons, I must reiterate that I am genuinely apologetic in having to inform you that the majority of your risk capital was depleted by the Fortress Fund Manager.

Fortunately, the broker's Negative Balance Protection saved your account from total depletion and automatically stopped-out the trading at 90%."

In other words, a very sophistically BS to say they screw it up....but hey "you only lost 90%"!. I mean, WTF!!!! Honestly, a blind monkey might have excited those positions quicker than these guys.

However this is not the worse of all. Upon reviewing the trades, i found out that there were "closed trades" that had never appeared on the platform at any moment. And they were easy to spot. For example, a short trade on the GBPUSD was open on the 17.12, and closed on the 23.12 with a negative swap. Then there were "other" transactions with the same pair (also GBPUSD) that were short, opened and closed on the same dates...but had NO swap. I had been checking the open positions in the platform and those transactions were never there in the first there. So, either the broker "placed" those trades there, or FFF managed to put loosing trades without the platform registering them (although I wonder how could that technologically be possible). I emailed Knight about it and they said to spead directly to the money manager, that they had nothing to do about it.

So let´s recap: Fund with clearly no money management rules, fund blows account overnight (not closing winning positions), trades that were never there suddenly appear as closed (with a loss of course), Broker not regulated....

My only conclusion is that Fortress FX fund has some kind of arrangement with Knight Capital to have a sort of revenue share scheme. Whatever the customer looses, they split it 50-50 (if they are the same company, 100% for them assuming they are market makers). Previously, they had made this public campaign to get clients to trade with them. Isn´t it just was too "coincidential" that right after they get millions in deposits they loose all their clients money??

I hope this serves as a warning to trade with Fortress FX Fund. If anybody wants to contact me regarding this please feel free to do it at luchourquiza@gmail.com.

As you rightly point out the "losses" were not from trading gone haywire suddenly. I could see what they were about to do a week before and sent them an email, but by then it was too late - they never allowed anyone more than investor password access. Nobody on earth would let an account with a floating profit of $7000+ (as in my case) go into stop out a few hours later unless they wanted to blow it out and scoop up investors' "losses". I've seen a PAMM on a regulated broker do this a few years ago so for unregulated KCM/FF this was like taking candy from a baby with no hope of recompense once you handed over your money, yet you still have some clowns here talking about doing well with them - probably fake FPA accounts controlled by Ethan and Simon. Anyway, LESSON LEARNT!!!

Guys its simpler than that.
Make up a name and create a fake linkedIn profile that states you used to work for the Bank of England (!!!!)
Buy a Metatrader broker license and register yourself as 'a Broker' with a Bank in the Carribean.
Buy some old website names registered many years ago to pretend you are an established force.
Present marketing material to encourage deposits (make sure 1 month each year shows a small loss so it looks real)
Put investors money in your personal bank account and open some fake or demo MT4 accounts for them.
Manipulate metatrader to create some fake trades to encourage investors and their friends and family.
If anyone wants a withdrawal create an excuse why this can not be done yet.
Promote your service via fake FPA and forexfactory profiles.
When you can no longer hide you have a scam and VISA/ mastercard have blocked you crash all accounts and walk away with the money previously deposited in your personal account.

Repeat with the next scam....

Hello.
Let's face it. We are done, and we have lost our money. People who deposited via cc will probably get their money back, others (like me), who deposited via wire transfer can say bye bye to their money.

What we can do right now is:
- gather together in order to chase them and sentence them with a conviction
- let's warn all the people - filling scam alerts on FPA, on MyFxbook
- we should warn people about all parties that took a part in this scam: knightcapitalmarkets.com , fortressfxfund.com and forexverified.com

Do not think forexverified is not in this, I have plenty of emails about them assuring they trade sucesfully with them. They probably got some money from this scammers for this.

My story with them:
After reading mailing from forexverified.com about them - I have plenty of seperate emails from forexverified stating that they trade with them and they made withdrawals with them without any problems.
I trusted forexverified, they had also verified account at myfxbook and other services. What's more I trusted it can be a good invesment because I was assured that money will be under my name at broker and I will have a total controll over it. I deposited some money with them, attached myfxbook EA in order to track transactions. My first sign there is something bad going on was when statements sent by myfxbook EA and what was actually going on my account just mismatch. At this point I knew I'm screwed. I have emailed myfxbook about this broker and recived response from Myfxbook that they recived many complains about this broker and they stopped marking accounts at them as verified. Tryed to withdraw my money, but as You other guys they did a trick with hedging trades and blocking my account so I can not have my withdrawal processed. I knew at this point that this total SCAM and all will soon be over and a lot of people will lose their money. The only thing left was praying that for some reason they will unblock my account and I will be able to withdraw some of my funds - I did not even dreamed that I will be able to withdraw my deposit. So I was hoping that I will be one of the people who will get their money back - as we know in order to keep the money flow, some people must be pleased. Today I'm at the point - where I see fund lost 90% of the deposits and my account is still up with hedged positions, but let's face it, it's only numbers on the screen I will get nothing out of it.

Todays scams have a new face, scammers control brokers, deposits and can fake any statemnt they want.

There are many people scammed by them, we should gather together - also I wonder if Forex Peace Army can help us in any way. I have emailed both Luis Urquiza<luchourquiza@gmail.com> and Martin81 <martin818181@yahoo.co.uk> as they seem to be most active here and they try to gather all scammed people together on the list in order to get some legal actions against this scammers.

Our money is lost, but I hope we can do something in order to warn other people of such scammers and take some legal actions against them. Authorities like Police or FBI can track them easily and put behind
bars giving an example.

What a s****y day today for me seeing all that.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my story with this fund: I was one of the fools that bought the whole "3 year performance" thing and impressive returns and all that. Within weeks of having funded the account, I noticed the guys were way above their historical drawdown. I emailed them asking about their money management systems in place, and why the hell they were allowing that to happen. They reply I received from Ethan Cooper (the "trade desk manager", if he really exists) was the following

"As previously expressed, this correspondence is intended to serve as a courtesy reminder that such activity is entire customary and normal aspect of participating within any managed account program. On an intra-month basis, it is an inherent aspect of the standard "ebb and flow" of a managed account in conjunction with the ongoing and dynamic nature of market prices and daily behavior as we move through our customary "profit cycles".

As you are further aware, these temporary draw down periods only occur every 5-6 months in between our customary and consistently ongoing profit cycles. Therefore, your patience and professional courtesy as our Trade Manager initiates an expedited recovery and new levels of customary success remains genuinely valued and appreciated. As always, the upcoming Holiday Season often times poses slow periods of trading as market liquidity winds down toward year-end as well."

One week after that the account was +150% at some moment. I though "Damn, these guys are good, but why the hell aren´t they closing the wining positions, as the profit was far exceeding the average monthly win". That night I went to bed with an unrealized profit of 4500 USD (from an initial account of USD 3,000).

The next morning (yes, 8 hours later) I opened the platform and realized that the account was on $0!!! YEs, USD 0.00!! The "fund" had turned a nice profit into a complete loss!!! I was pretty pist off about it and email the trading desk (same guy as before) to ask what they had done. His reply was the following:

"I sincerely appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting a comprehensive response to your important concerns. That being said, and when considering the current issue at hand, it will be necessary to recognize, acknowledge, and understand the fact that we are participating within the most risk-abundant, highly volatile financial market in existence during a time in which we are currently enduring a global economic Depression and underlying climate of unprecedented nature on a worldwide scale since the Great Depression.

As such, we have recently experienced inevitably difficult market conditions, based on unprecedented interest rate changes for the first time since 2008. This has transpired on a magnified scale, which has catalyzed unfavorable results uncharacteristic of the achievements the Fortress Fund Trade Managers contracted to oversee the program, as well as all global asset managers, have experienced within a customary economic climate during ideal market conditions. Within such an atypical world environment, unorthodox losses oftentimes result in ultra-aggressive, overly speculative novelty programs such as Fortress Fund.

This unfortunate development has combined with your account having experienced severely inopportune market-entry timing in proximity to the initiation of this recent unfavorable market state.

On that note, I find it very important I address your important concern in comprehensive fashion. The Fortress Fund Manager was utilizing a very sophisticated, methodical employment of positional hedging within client accounts so as to effectively mitigate what otherwise would have been an instantly catastrophic, adverse price movement across all major currency pairs. When hedges are in place, equity remains intact.

Of course, it is a physical impossibility to successfully accomplish negative trade eradication without the necessary periodic release of said hedge positions in strategic fashion at prospective turning points in price action so as to allow corrective price moves to neutralize open draw down while being offset by realized profits generated through the aforementioned hedge orders. When hedges are released, it is necessary to allow price movement to "breath" and illustrate directional bias.

Furthermore, pending re-hedge orders must be strategically placed at selective points far enough in proximity to important support or resistance levels to ensure any re-entry into the hedge is not made in vain. Therefore, equity will bleed in nominal, successive amounts until the proper, successful corrective point is reached. Under typical market conditions, the average trend-based price movement which would necessitate the employment of positional hedging lasts but 1-3 days and requires no greater than 1-3 hedge releases prior to successfully identifying the correct turning point necessary to remove clients from trades intact.

Unfortunately, we have been faced with an astoundingly resilient multi-day directional trend based price movement of unparalleled nature resulting from these FOMC announcements. Your account did not sustain the necessarily successive (and extensive within these circumstances) release attempts and equity "bleeds".

We continue to face a global economic climate of unparalleled proportions since the Great Depression and have chosen to participate within the most volatile, risk prevalent market out of all the financials. As such, and when combined with notoriously thin, unfavorable summer market conditions and a unique disconnect of customary inter market behavioral correlation losses uncharacteristic of standard performance within ideal conditions do occur.

Although it will be no consolation to your frustration, it is of paramount importance you understand that we have endured, as a world society and global investors, a first-time global market climate and world economic condition absolutely unmatched in decades. This marks a unique juncture in this Manager’s 3 year record flawless aggressive trading.

Based upon our longstanding, personalized communication with one another, I'm confident you will recognize the fact that I am sincerely regretful of having had clients, including yourself, eliminated from market participation. Your ongoing recognition and understanding of current conditions as well as the unwavering state of my dedication with the sincere best interest of clients at heart is both valued and appreciated.

For these reasons, I must reiterate that I am genuinely apologetic in having to inform you that the majority of your risk capital was depleted by the Fortress Fund Manager.

Fortunately, the broker's Negative Balance Protection saved your account from total depletion and automatically stopped-out the trading at 90%."

In other words, a very sophistically BS to say they screw it up....but hey "you only lost 90%"!. I mean, WTF!!!! Honestly, a blind monkey might have excited those positions quicker than these guys.

However this is not the worse of all. Upon reviewing the trades, i found out that there were "closed trades" that had never appeared on the platform at any moment. And they were easy to spot. For example, a short trade on the GBPUSD was open on the 17.12, and closed on the 23.12 with a negative swap. Then there were "other" transactions with the same pair (also GBPUSD) that were short, opened and closed on the same dates...but had NO swap. I had been checking the open positions in the platform and those transactions were never there in the first there. So, either the broker "placed" those trades there, or FFF managed to put loosing trades without the platform registering them (although I wonder how could that technologically be possible). I emailed Knight about it and they said to spead directly to the money manager, that they had nothing to do about it.

So let´s recap: Fund with clearly no money management rules, fund blows account overnight (not closing winning positions), trades that were never there suddenly appear as closed (with a loss of course), Broker not regulated....

My only conclusion is that Fortress FX fund has some kind of arrangement with Knight Capital to have a sort of revenue share scheme. Whatever the customer looses, they split it 50-50 (if they are the same company, 100% for them assuming they are market makers). Previously, they had made this public campaign to get clients to trade with them. Isn´t it just was too "coincidential" that right after they get millions in deposits they loose all their clients money??

I hope this serves as a warning to trade with Fortress FX Fund. If anybody wants to contact me regarding this please feel free to do it at luchourquiza@gmail.com.

My take is that its the same company so its not a question of a share of the loot but raking in the 100% of the take from the whole Ponzi scheme...

They are STILL marketing Fortess, but this one does miraculously not show an equity loss (surprise surprise!) , I got this today:-
fortressfxfund.com/Welcome/?utm_medium=email&amp;amp;utm_source=company_email_blasts

Last edited by a moderator:
Back