Large Shadown only in my broker

LKSFX

Recruit
Hello folks, sorry for my newbie question, but I have some Fx accounts and only in one of that appear a big shadow (19 pips) in a 15 minute candle, that's normal?

Attachments

• AUDCAD.png
    AUDCAD.png
    25 KB · Views: 12
Hello folks, sorry for my newbie question, but I have some Fx accounts and only in one of that appear a big shadow (19 pips) in a 15 minute candle, that's normal?
If it happens often or regularly then it is a red flag - you should change your broker because they can't manage properly price feed from their liquidity providers or, what can be even worse, run their own dealing desk

If it happens often or regularly then it is a red flag - you should change your broker because they can't manage properly price feed from their liquidity providers or, what can be even worse, run their own dealing desk

I will keep my eyes open!
Thank You!

It doesn't mean your broker is bad. It happens with all brokers from time to time. Compare the chart with other brokers. If you find it happens on a regular basis with your broker but not other brokers, then consider changing brokers.

Sometimes it is a pricing error and the broker will refund you if it affected your trade. Sometimes, you can also expect the broker to correct the pricing error on the chart. Do not take this as an attempt to "hide" the spike. Many indicators use historical data, so they become useless if this historical data is based on erroneous data.

It doesn't mean your broker is bad. It happens with all brokers from time to time. Compare the chart with other brokers. If you find it happens on a regular basis with your broker but not other brokers, then consider changing brokers.

Sometimes it is a pricing error and the broker will refund you if it affected your trade. Sometimes, you can also expect the broker to correct the pricing error on the chart. Do not take this as an attempt to "hide" the spike. Many indicators use historical data, so they become useless if this historical data is based on erroneous data.
Well, I think that doesn't happen often, but I will be careful, 20 pips is a high SL for me. In this case I was only watching the market and the spike wasn't hit me. Thank you for reply.

Sometimes unpleasant situations like these happen. But if you've already started doubting your broker, then your relationship will not go any further. I don't know if you have checked your broker for the regulator, but it must be the first thing that traders pay attention to. And even if you haven't checked your broker for the regulator, it isn't too late to do it now. A profitable trading is a safe trading)

Well, I think that doesn't happen often, but I will be careful, 20 pips is a high SL for me. In this case I was only watching the market and the spike wasn't hit me. Thank you for reply.
@compu-forex thanks for sharing your insight on this.
I've seen it once or twice on my IC Markets account, but not frequently.

@LKSFX would you mind telling us which broker it was?

Back