• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss LeoTraderPro.com

General discussions of a financial company
Risk Settings

There are some basic princoples that every forex trader should be ware of:
1) when trading with real money and a new EA, always use the minimum risk setting. Every EA has a different way of calculating the risk, so my suggestion for this EA is to set lot size manually to 0.01, or 0.1 depengin or which broker is being used.
2) Holidays and vacations mean low liquidity, which in turn means totally mixed up charts, orders not filled, tremendous slipage, etc. in other words: whenever there is a big holiday, or a vacation known for low liquidity, DO NOT TRADE during this time and two days before.
3) Big news events can totally mess EA performance, so whenever there are big news comming, DO NOT TRADE unless you are an experienced news trader.
4) Be patient. It is a very good feeling to make 20% or 30% on a single trade, but think of what it would be to loose 20% or 30% on a single day. So what about making 0.5% per trade ?. Sound too low, well, this is what can keep you playing if you are a trader. keep your feet on the ground.
Hope this helps.
have a wonderful year and best wishes for all !

LTP Trades

I have my demo with the invester broker and two trades opened about an hour ago. One for EUR/USD and one for GBP/USD and neither one replicated on my MT4. Anyone else have their trades replicate or not? I have a support ticket in for this and I will post the results as soon as I get a reply!!:mad:

The thing is that MPA who was using the EA's auto lot management and setting it at 5% were losing 21 then 60 over percent on 2 trades one after another. The EA was not managing the 5% exposure or stop loss and was instead doing something else.

Other SNAFU in the past day:

I know of 2 people who have had their accounts stopped out around 90+ pips on trades just closed whereas on the Leo Trader's live account it did not close those trades out but went on to make a 10 pip profit.

If this is a trade replicator it should not have stopped out those trades. If it did have stops it should not have stopped out so early either since the SL was 330 pips.

Unless there was a hidden SL that was triggered.

And then there are the missed trades where it failed to replicate the trades.

OK I took a jump and bought it, both licenses.

Have it running on FX Primus and am manually setting the lot sizes, 0.02 for the EU sets and 0.01 for the UJ sets.

Got it set up few hours ago and went off for dinner. Came back and it had done the last trade which was a sell GU. It closed in 2 hrs with a profit of 20 pips, their finfx a/c had a 25 pip profit. Quite a bit of slippage but since most trades make more than 10 pips the net result should be positive.

Learned from all the horror stories so far and read the manual really carefully.

On the purchase site they have a note in red that said something I hadn't heard before.

The EA is a replicator and it uses a proprietary means to check trade signals twice each second. Other replicators usually do it after a tick which could be as much as 10 mins between tics especially in after hrs. For that they said changing the time frame or the chart symbol would crash it. Also said to have only 1 receipt number running for EU and GU and 1 receipt number for UJ and UC. No more than 2 charts each with its own receipt number per instance of MT4. Preferably run 2 instances of MT4, 1 for each chart, suggested EU and UJ. I found it crashed when I ran 2 charts so am running 2 instances of MT4, so far no further crashes or hangs. I find that once I load it in a chart I can't go back to see the settings. Have to delete the EA from the chart and re-attach it again to bring up the settings. Not a big deal, just save the settings so its easy to reload again next time around.

One thing caught my eye. They said that LTP connects to the server and to only run 1 receipt code at a time. I suspect that having more than 1 receipt code say 1 for live and one for demo might cause problems. They didn't say that specifically but I'm not taking chances so just running it live right now on tiny lot sizes first to see how it goes.

OK I took a jump and bought it, both licenses.

Have it running on FX Primus and am manually setting the lot sizes, 0.02 for the EU sets and 0.01 for the UJ sets.

Got it set up few hours ago and went off for dinner. Came back and it had done the last trade which was a sell GU. It closed in 2 hrs with a profit of 20 pips, their finfx a/c had a 25 pip profit. Quite a bit of slippage but since most trades make more than 10 pips the net result should be positive.

Learned from all the horror stories so far and read the manual really carefully.

On the purchase site they have a note in red that said something I hadn't heard before.

The EA is a replicator and it uses a proprietary means to check trade signals twice each second. Other replicators usually do it after a tick which could be as much as 10 mins between tics especially in after hrs. For that they said changing the time frame or the chart symbol would crash it. Also said to have only 1 receipt number running for EU and GU and 1 receipt number for UJ and UC. No more than 2 charts each with its own receipt number per instance of MT4. Preferably run 2 instances of MT4, 1 for each chart, suggested EU and UJ. I found it crashed when I ran 2 charts so am running 2 instances of MT4, so far no further crashes or hangs. I find that once I load it in a chart I can't go back to see the settings. Have to delete the EA from the chart and re-attach it again to bring up the settings. Not a big deal, just save the settings so its easy to reload again next time around.

One thing caught my eye. They said that LTP connects to the server and to only run 1 receipt code at a time. I suspect that having more than 1 receipt code say 1 for live and one for demo might cause problems. They didn't say that specifically but I'm not taking chances so just running it live right now on tiny lot sizes first to see how it goes.

I have done everything that you have done and I still have not had a trade since I followed the instructions and information from support. The only thing that I have done differently from you is I have it set for the money mangement. The last three trades did not trigger. Before I made the final adjustments, I had one trade and it stopped out before it should have. Still haven't heard back from support about everything.

I have done everything that you have done and I still have not had a trade since I followed the instructions and information from support. The only thing that I have done differently from you is I have it set for the money mangement. The last three trades did not trigger. Before I made the final adjustments, I had one trade and it stopped out before it should have. Still haven't heard back from support about everything.

Actually my first trade was with money management turned on. What brokerage are you on?

Check the Experts and Journal log. There may be some info there about why the trades didn't go through. The other thing it might be is timeslip, variance and slippage. If any of these exceed the settings the trade won't execute, if so there should be a comment in the expert log.

One more thing. What is the symbol of your chart? EURUSD is the basic symbol but I've seen EURUSD., EURUSD-, EURUSDmam. If the EA requires a very specific symbol style it may also hold up the execution. Doubt if this is reason though.

Hi all I have today asked for a refund.
I would like to ask what would you recommend to me by EA, which use their own experiences and with whom you are satisfied.
I use a semi-automatic, which I had done to simplify the manual trading from the chart.
Thanks Mara

VISUAL TRADING and MT4

Hi all
I also contributed to the discussion, so I would like to describe what I use to trade and what is working, unlike LTP.

Visual Trading - trading directly from the chart.

Normally, the program installs the maids expert.
and turns in MT4 to smile.

Fill a table of values -
BE - ensure zero
BE - profit - this is the minimum earnings, not to make free :)
BE should be - a profit or 2,3,4 ..... pips
Trailing Stop
Profit target, stop loss and slip
All values unless you want to fill out.

and when I enter the trade so you do not have to worry about anything when I enter the stop loss and BE, PT or TS.
If you do not enter any values in the table, so I can deal only with direct orders from the chart.

I open a small table with options:
BUY, SELL
CLOSE
STOP LOSS
PROFIT TARGET
BUY LIMIT
Buy Stop
SELL LIMIT
SELL STOP
TURN

Example: BUY
click to buy - the shop opens
click on the stop-loss and directly to the chart I put in the place I want to be, maybe four pips on the last correction
blank no table numbers
SL is just dragging on the ground for about 1 second.
Likewise, the graph will stretch the profit target
after a while I need to move the SL always drag the chart.
is ready to enter into a transaction and click on Close or click on the tour for an immediate turn positions - reverse.
Conveniently aa fast as I can put a Sell Limit orders ..........
and constantly change their position.
Well, no padding SL and PT tables over and over
only trading from chart
Well this is fundamental news trading, because they react quickly.
And the $ 200 what happened to me back in a week and is now trading fun for me
and happy New years

Important Info:

Actually my first trade was with money management turned on. What brokerage are you on?

Check the Experts and Journal log. There may be some info there about why the trades didn't go through. The other thing it might be is timeslip, variance and slippage. If any of these exceed the settings the trade won't execute, if so there should be a comment in the expert log.

One more thing. What is the symbol of your chart? EURUSD is the basic symbol but I've seen EURUSD., EURUSD-, EURUSDmam. If the EA requires a very specific symbol style it may also hold up the execution. Doubt if this is reason though.

I am using the same brokerage as the invester account. I don't think that everyone should jump the gun and ask for refunds! I am dissappointed in the incomplete E-book but I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
NOTE: When I make a mistake, I am willing to own up to it and I did just that. For any others that are having trouble with no trades, you might have made the same error that I did! I have loaded a number of EA's and I actually just glanced at the info on MT4. The one thing that I didn't do which I didn't even know about was to go to the options and click on expert advisors. You have to match this with the option settings in your EA. Since that option is necessary, I don't think that the smiley face should show correct and it does. I am afraid a lot of us are missing that option. I hope I have some good news to report the next time I post. I hope I have helped someone else that was experiencing the same issue of no trades!!

Back