• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Liberty Reserve is off!

I am having an issue with a company
Quick summary...

LR's website went offline sometime on Thursday or Friday.

The owner, Arthur Budovsky, is being held by the authorities in Spain. Costa Rican and US authorities also are involved in the investigation.

The status of client funds inside of LR accounts is not fully known at this time.

If anyone wants to leave them a review...

Liberty Reserve reviews and ratings

Asst. Mod.. with all due respect, a review doesn't quite help in this case. It looks like the FBI seized the domain and possibly the funds too. Its very very sad that legit people got mixed up in this mess. There are rumors that some traders with over 100k in LR funds got hit.

While I empathize with the situation, I think it was only a matter of time for LR to be busted.

The biggest lesson to be learned is to never leave substantial amount of funds in an ewallet (or for that matter in a bank either, given the conditions).. and always do your research. LR was never regulated by any financial authority, which made it easy for just about anyone to open an LR account (unlike Skrill, for example which is regulated and also offers a min. deposit guarantee of up to 1000GBP) thus attracting people with questionable intentions.

I doubt if any of the funds will be returned, which take months if not years.

Maybe someone at FPA should published a well researched article into choosing an ewallet along with other credentials so traders in the future won't make the same mistake.

It was ****ing shocking news for me I was too much worried but Hotforex saved me. I have an account with HotForex and deposited via Liberty Reserve. I did a withdrawal over the weekend but found that liberty was shut down and got very worried. HotForex sent my funds to my MB account. That's that best broker in the world!

Who is the fastest broker that announce this news to their clients? and all I know is HotForex, or is there other one that you know?

Lucky me, few days before FBI shutting down the site, I already cash my balance into my bank account, but now I am using Skrill that more regulated and can fund or withdraw direct into my bank account.

Asst. Mod.. with all due respect, a review doesn't quite help in this case. It looks like the FBI seized the domain and possibly the funds too. Its very very sad that legit people got mixed up in this mess. There are rumors that some traders with over 100k in LR funds got hit.

Reviews are one way to document just how bad something is. I was very surprised at how few reviews PFG Best got after making so much client money go away, so thought I'd post the link up front.

Maybe someone at FPA should published a well researched article into choosing an ewallet along with other credentials so traders in the future won't make the same mistake.

Good idea.

Who is the fastest broker that announce this news to their clients? and all I know is HotForex, or is there other one that you know?

Armada Markets did it. They didn't receive deposit and withdrawal request from Liberty Reserve 2 days before LR closed and allow all clients to withdraw their fund through another payment processor. I don't know why but I think they are lucky.

additional Information.

based on information I get from the forums (If I'm not wrong):
Agea, Masterforex : allow their clients to withdraw to another payment processor
FBS : allow their clients to withdraw to another payment processor (max 100 USD)
Instaforex : still wait and see

Last edited:
Back