• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Lmax.com

General discussions of a financial company
lmax

hi all

was wondering i any other users could comment on lmax

i guess in this type of forum no news is good news as a bad experience is what will prompt people to post/complain

lmax was recommended to me and i like the idea of not being suspicious of dirty tricks from market maker etc

i am being realistic in my assumptions about lmax ?

cheers

jb

Best execution venue for FX and CFDs. I have tested dozens of brokers, but no other venue can match the execution speed and spreads of LMAX Exchange. Also the fact that they are an Exchange and do not Trade against the clients, makes them my favorite venue for trading.

I have no experience in using their web platform, which seems very good. But I do have experience in using their MT4 platform (serviced by PrimeXM) for several EA's. That had worse results than e.g. AlpariUK, so be careful there.

My view on LMAX...​

Good Points...

I cannot say enough good things about LMAX when it comes to trustworthiness. They have been nothing but dependable and quick.
Their MT4 set up is very decent, never had an issue...already been trading with them for years.
Their spreads are tight on EURUSD, AUDUSD
They haven't adjusted their margin requirements in panic every time uncertainty looms (most brokers have gone nuts that last year with this)....last time I can recall was Bexit....for the rest, they've stayed put for years.

Bad Points...

Their leverage is very meager in comparison to most retail friendly brokers...just 1:100...
You STILL have to go via a person via chat to transfer money from your MT4 to your web account....come on LMAX, it's 2017!!!
Their SWAP charges are the highest of ANY broker!!

So, would I recommend them....? It depends on the trading you do with them, day traders, short term traders should be OK, but if you have long term strategies, find another broker.

Back