• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

London Global Investments

trader169

Recruit
Over the last couple of years there have been numerous companies in London offering tutoring and ‘jobs’ for guys and girls interested in FX trading.
This mob is a scam. They charge £ 4,000 for a course that you can get from the STA (Society of Technical Analysts) for £400.
The way that they entice clients in is that they claim that after the course they will be offered a job trading company money. There are no funds to trade.
Most guys will be placed on a demo and when they do not reach the required pip count they will be fired.
I think everyone should be aware

I've been waiting for something like this. I've seen a few other people ask about these "We train you, then we hire you" companies, but never a report from anyone who took the training.

As I assumed, it's a lot of training and little or no hiring.

Not one website I've seen for any company like this has any link for potential investors to ask about getting their accounts traded.

Over the last couple of years there have been numerous companies in London offering tutoring and ‘jobs’ for guys and girls interested in FX trading.
This mob is a scam. They charge £ 4,000 for a course that you can get from the STA (Society of Technical Analysts) for £400.
The way that they entice clients in is that they claim that after the course they will be offered a job trading company money. There are no funds to trade.
Most guys will be placed on a demo and when they do not reach the required pip count they will be fired.
I think everyone should be aware

Why should they be fired if they dont make enough pips ? I made a killing trading in the exact OPPOSITE direction of what was recommended by the 6 or so FXCM technical analysts at Dailyfx.com and THEY do not get fired. :p

Why should they be fired if they dont make enough pips ? I made a killing trading in the exact OPPOSITE direction of what was recommended by the 6 or so FXCM technical analysts at Dailyfx.com and THEY do not get fired. :p

Probably they are the ones that got fired by the London Global Investment :D

This is a case of a hunter being hunted by the animal he is hunting for. Just as we are there struggling to make in the forex market, the fast ones also are devicing means of making it from us.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I am taking the course with London Global Investments and this is not a scam. There are a good few out there that just make an income from the course fees, and then disappear off into the sunset. This isn't one of them.

I now work with the people at LGI in developing the trading floor for traders with experience that would like to be potentially fully backed.

There are funds available for trading on completion of training. 4 guys from the first cohort beginning in February of this year have graduated to the trading floor already.

I don't want to get involved in a bun fight, but am working to bring about absolute transparency in us, so that we can build our reputation.

You can take the Society of Technical Analysts (STA) course directly through them at the London School of Economics. The 2012 fees haven't been released as of yet, but based on 2011 fees, they were £2,495.00.

That includes 11 weeks of tutelage on a Thursday evening from 18.30hrs to 21.30hrs, membership of STA, a revision day and the exam fee itself. You can buy additional sessions for £250 per session or in blocks of 5 for £200.

The cost of our course is £4,200 (inc VAT). That is an additional cost of £1,705. For that addional cost you get:

12 weeks of lectures daily (Mon-Fri)
Membership of STA,
The exam,
Access to tutors who actually trade, not just teach in the flesh
Support with trading system design
Access to a computer programmer to backtest strategies where possible
Weekly workshops post training

And most of all, and most importantly for individuals such as myself, access to company capital to trade with.

I appreciate that it's essential to protect people from jokers and con artists, but please don't group all companies that have an element of training involved with the companies that have gone bust or were simply outright scams from outset.

As far as I recall, Felix intended those that need protecting were protected in the form of a community such as this. He didn't intend for people to miss out on genuine opportunities, because that is simply the corollary and is equally is bad.

For the chap who mentioned the STA diploma at £400. You can do the home study course on that basis, you then need to pay for the exam at £500, plus i'd suggest purchasing the recommending reading list, so already that's bumped the cost up a fair bit. And it's pretty difficult to put a price on being around people that do this for a living and with the level of success that they have doing it.

I hope that wasn't too much of a rant, but serves to clarify the position somewhat. If nothing else, you should recognise that if you are running, solely, a training company out of London and expect to make money from that after you've paid for the rent of office space and the tutors, then the business acumen really aint there!

The business model is predicated on getting traders from the academy profitable and up onto the trading floor and from a recruitment of traders to come onto our floor and trade company capital on a full or part-backed basis, and even some who just want the capital and will do it remotely.

All the best.............Mike

In addition to my earlier reposte, I noticed the originator of this thread only registered in May, to then post 1 comment and nothing more. It's probably relevant to mention that the guys had some trouble with a few of the candidates around that time who were asked to leave the course; they got a little confused with how to manage their own expectations and expected after having finished demo trading to be given a £100k account to trade with. A little unreasonable, I'm sure you'd agree - and that's despite blowing up a $250 account on more than one occassion.

It may be that i'm off the mark with suggesting that this chap may have been one of those individuals. If I am, then I would ask what grounds this individual has for making such allegations. If i'm not and indeed almost irrespective, I would ask you to investigate us throughly; we would like to get the green light from you to say actually, we are doing something that is slightly different to the norm, and are most definitely not a scam.

All the best.............Mike

I see on the website now something about a "trading floor" for Spot Forex. Trading floors are where central exchange trading takes place. Spot forex has no central exchange. So, what are they really talking about?

Thank you for your response, Pharoah.

To clarify, it's a a floor (i.e. office space) where traders come to trade.

Please get hold of me if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Mike

Graduation

Further to my previous posts, I can confirm - with reference to the originator of this thread that there are no funds to trade with and having to attain an unrealistic pip count to get access to capital - that out of my course that commenced in May of this year, all candidates achieved their targets over the monitored demo period and capital has been allocated to us to go live as of Monday.

Any questions, come back to me.

All the best............Mike

Back