Looking to get more out of trading.

Petezaa

Recruit
I’ve been trading relatively casually for some time, learning gradually and following the markets. Any advice on picking things up a notch to become more serious and maybe make a decent income from trading ?
Personally I only have luck manually trading, a lot of people I know use EA's but I'm not a fan of them.

carnelian

Private
I do not rely on EA, Manual trading is best for all reasons. People who enter in forex business are in search of shortcuts to make quick money from forex trading. As much you will be in a hurry you will make wrong decisions.
It is suggested to do manual trading that enhances your trading skill and somehow you can control on many issues because you know the cause of your loss and try to minimize it.

John perry

Private
it's a great question of once you have the fundimental basics moving on and working on you intermediate level then expert. you will never finish learning forex

Farm_Yard_Forex

Private, 1st Class
Treat it like a business that it is. If you approach it this way you will start to change your relationship to trading

bigdolly

Sergeant Major
With right broker you can achieve more but account type should fit your trading style. For example I use raw spread account with Hotforex for HFT scalping but I use it only on EURUSD and during London and NY session overlap because it offers low spreads during this time (0.0-0.1 pip). On other accounts and during another trading session my strategy becomes unprofitable.

nahiyar

Private, 1st Class
Treat it like a business that it is. If you approach it this way you will start to change your relationship to trading
We all want to get quick money from trading but the right way to treat it like a business, it will give profit as other business can give us. The trader has to do hard work and air to set up forex as a good out coming business. His account will grow up as he will do good trading with his expertise and skills.

bigdolly

Sergeant Major
Take a look at bonuses and promos that offers your broker, for example I take part in Hotforex's demo to real contest (never managed to win :p) also I use credit bonus to boost protection of my margin if the trade goes against me. Exploring offers of brokers could be the way to choose a broker that suits you.

downtrend

Sergeant
Searching new trading accounts is the best idea in this way you can get an appropriate trading account for you. If a trader wants more from trading he has to experiments on different trading styles and different times of the day.
I use to trade in many pairs so that I can check which currency pairs gives me good profit.

Shaun89

Recruit
I like
Personally I only have luck manually trading, a lot of people I know use EA's but I'm not a fan of them.
I like an EA but only ever go small with them and let them tick over. Rather throw more funds into my manual account.