Looking to get more out of trading.

Charlieboy885

Recruit
I'm in the same boat as you, been trading with a live account since the new year but made some stupid mistakes so I've taken a step back and gone back to demo for a while.
Taking that step back to demo account will improve your trading. I think people expect it to be easy to pick up and understand trading. However, there's so much to it. You need to allow yourself time as you would learning any other skill.

Taking that step back to demo account will improve your trading. I think people expect it to be easy to pick up and understand trading. However, there's so much to it. You need to allow yourself time as you would learning any other skill.
I agree, sometimes we need to take a step back and take a break from trading with real money until we evaluate our trading progress and come up with a solution to our mistakes.

Miss.li

Recruit
In foreign exchange transactions, the concept is equivalent to doing business. You need to study the market, market demand and market changes. In my current gold trading, my income can be guaranteed at 10-20%, because this is related to professional analysis.

TheNewbieTrader

Recruit
I’ve been trading relatively casually for some time, learning gradually and following the markets. Any advice on picking things up a notch to become more serious and maybe make a decent income from trading ?
Keep grinding, eventually everything will click one day.

Pharaoh

Colonel
In foreign exchange transactions, the concept is equivalent to doing business. You need to study the market, market demand and market changes. In my current gold trading, my income can be guaranteed at 10-20%, because this is related to professional analysis.

Anyone who guarantees 10-20% profits on gold is either deluded or is trying to move money from your wallet to their wallet.

Some people can make profits trading gold, but they also make losses. Gold reacts fast and hard to fundamentals, so there is no sure way to predict it.

Fenrilrajas

Recruit
Practice, practice and once again practice. There are no better ways to improve your trading skills than practicing it every day. You always ought to find different ways to upgrade your skills, so you can look for various learning content, buy books in trading, listen to various trading speakers (there are lots of them actually and the biggest part of them provide their services free of charge). Every mistake you have to turn into a benefit, I guess it's the main thing you should understand on your way to success. If you're bored of working with certain assets, then you should master other assets and they perhaps can be more pofitable in case you will learn them properly.

bigdolly

2nd Lieutenant
Lots of info on this site, most useful part of the forum is definitely military school. I also found that YouTube and Babypips were good places to look too.