Looking to get more out of trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demo contests are really great way to get money for trading on live account. I won third place in a demo contest, got 500 USD and made 1000 USD in two weeks from it. I traded with extremely high risk placing big orders and I consider it as pure luck
By your explanation it was pure luck for sure. ;)

I see that you have a family, you actually need to get some more time to trade well I would say for any free moment you can, it's very hard and time consuming task which really need a lot of dedication from you entirely. I do hope you will have some success.

I’ve been trading relatively casually for some time, learning gradually and following the markets. Any advice on picking things up a notch to become more serious and maybe make a decent income from trading ?
put higher capital in from slow account growth, build it up, and put higher capital in.maybe take a look at switching leverage andlot size too, but this depends on your style of trading

put higher capital in from slow account growth, build it up, and put higher capital in.maybe take a look at switching leverage andlot size too, but this depends on your style of trading
Or if you don`t want to risk higher capital then use compounding.

I’ve been trading relatively casually for some time, learning gradually and following the markets. Any advice on picking things up a notch to become more serious and maybe make a decent income from trading ?
It’s about building up that capital, everything profited goes back in and if you can put savings into it go fir it if you’re profiting.
Never build up capital with credit!
If we’re looking at risking 1% of our capital and looking at 2-4% gains (1% is great weekly profit too) that should give you an idea of how much capital you’d need to go full time, also would probably need to deduct how much you need for bills and for the account to continue to grow.
How you looking % profit wise?

As above. Stop withdrawing if you are profitable and compound that account. Only way to grow without adding in more risk

I must admit I went back to demo a couple, of times and very nearly quit. Thankfully I stuck with it.

You need to focus on 1 system only even if you are practicing the demo account. If you try to try many systems or trying to get maximum pips by trading all the pairs, it will become hard and confusing for you to see actual results.
Yes then learn systems further down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back