Losses are part of trading

Yes, losses are a part and parcel of trading. None can skip this part, especially in the starting months. Losing is what makes us more known to our mistakes and we get an idea of where we are exactly going wrong. So instead of cribbing over losses and becoming demotivated, we all should learn from our mistakes and try to become better.

I've put a certain amount of money in this, an amount that i can afford and choose 6 months like an evaluation period. then i will make my balance.

I hate it when I see people claiming that losses aren't part of the process and that they are 100% accurate. So many lap it up too! Pure scammers.

I think it is very important to keep an eye on your losses and to analyze your mistakes and losses correctly. You need to monitor the success rate of your trades and improve your money management. You need to get as much out of your mistakes as possible and use them to improve your profit.

I think no matter how good you are as a trader, you will not always get every trade right and you will face a trading loss every so often. In my opinion that is perfectly normal and part of trading and risk management prevents that loss from having a big impact on your overall portfolio.

No trader likes to record a loss, at least I never met a happy loser. I did come across an article on the Paxforex blog which made me think about it (Losses As Inevitable Part of Forex Trading). I guess everyone has a different measure for success and failure, so I was wondering what you classify as a good strategy for yourself? Do you look at how much money you generate, the percentage of your trades you got right, etc.?

I ultimately measure it by how much money I have earned and if the returns are consistent.
Agreed. I lost a lot when I first started, trusting the wrong things and people. Made majority of it back now though since I learnt how to trade myself.

I hate it when I see people claiming that losses aren't part of the process and that they are 100% accurate. So many lap it up too! Pure scammers.
there is nothing worse then the people on facebook showing all there blue fake trades. it would be better to show real trading profit and lose and as long as the over all strategy is sound loses are ok

It would help if you learned to view losses as an integral part of trading. It is necessary to take maximum benefit from each losing deal, analyze it, and do not make such mistakes in the future. I highly recommend that you keep a trading log, where you can record all successful and unsuccessful trades and afterward analyze your failures.

i understand that loses are part of trading but what % pre month would you hope to be max loss

there is nothing worse then the people on facebook showing all there blue fake trades. it would be better to show real trading profit and lose and as long as the over all strategy is sound loses are ok
Agree, those ads are really annoying and distracting. That's why I stopped subscribing to Fx groups in Facebook, they turned into ad platforms which are either moderated to sell some exclusive product or unmoderated and become a spam feed. The forums are the only place where we can share experience and discuss trading strategies.

Back