1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macd Moving Average Strategy

Discussion in 'Forex Trading Systems and Strategies' started by SXMTrader, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SXMTrader

SXMTrader Private

Hello,

I am using the following strategy:

Macd 11 12 1

EMA close 5, 13, 34

I am looking for a cross of the macd on the zero line and take the trade in the direction of the cross.

I also look for the moving averages. 5 and 13 above 34 = up trend, 5 and 13 below 34 = down trend.

Today I found also a setting for LWMA close 5, 40 and with my macd settings it shows same good signals.

It will be great, if you can send your opinion and /or help to improve the system. For me it gives good signals and I start to trust them.

EUR/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/USD on 5 min chart.

Thank you for your comments.

Holger

#1 SXMTrader, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. SXMTrader

SXMTrader Private

Hello,

I compared my macd settings with other systems generating signals and it looks like the 11 12 1 macd is a good signal for a trade.

This morning I also set up a chart with EMA 5 10 21 55 200 and together with the crossing of the macd I get the same good trustfull signals.

Now I only have to wait for a crossing of the macd to make a decision to take the trade or not. The EMa's will help me to confirm the direction of the trend.

Set up your chart and maybe you have a comment which is helpfull for us.

Holger