• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Main-Bit formally Smart Trade & Sigma Banc Both withholding my funds.

I am having an issue with a company

Tez1810

Recruit
I have an accounts with Main-bit formally Smart Trade, been using them nearly 12 months wanted to make a withdrawal back in June, but just kept getting excuse after excuse, in the end I informed them I wanted to closed the account, couldn't get any response from them I advised them that I would report them to the police and their regularity organization if they didn't respond, out of the blue at the beginning of September I was advised my account was to be closed as requested. A Martin Baxter Head of compliance called to do the withdrawal, confirmed everything had gone through to my Metamask account, after two days I contacted Metamask as it hadn't shown, they confirmed the transaction had be done on a testnet link and no actual funds had been sent, i contacted then but no response, my account was still open and had open trades on it, none of which I know anything about, then 10 days later Mr Liam Muller Senior Accounts manager rang to say he was sorry about the mix-up and would be conducted the closing down of my account. Again ,I was told everything had been sent, he even sent a copy of the blockchain transaction, but nothing again arrived I contacted Blockchain only to be told off them that yes the transaction had been made but not to my account and they couldn't help further. My account is still showing as open with a small Balance, but they will not respond to calls or emails. I don't know what to do? As a result of this I decided to withdraw some of my funds from my Sigma Banc trading account, whilst I figured out what to do, but I have just received excuse after excuse and wont reply to my calls or emails. Can I really be this unlucky to be scammer by both companies ??? any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I have an accounts with Main-bit formally Smart Trade, been using them nearly 12 months wanted to make a withdrawal back in June, but just kept getting excuse after excuse, in the end I informed them I wanted to closed the account, couldn't get any response from them I advised them that I would report them to the police and their regularity organization if they didn't respond, out of the blue at the beginning of September I was advised my account was to be closed as requested. A Martin Baxter Head of compliance called to do the withdrawal, confirmed everything had gone through to my Metamask account, after two days I contacted Metamask as it hadn't shown, they confirmed the transaction had be done on a testnet link and no actual funds had been sent, i contacted then but no response, my account was still open and had open trades on it, none of which I know anything about, then 10 days later Mr Liam Muller Senior Accounts manager rang to say he was sorry about the mix-up and would be conducted the closing down of my account. Again ,I was told everything had been sent, he even sent a copy of the blockchain transaction, but nothing again arrived I contacted Blockchain only to be told off them that yes the transaction had been made but not to my account and they couldn't help further. My account is still showing as open with a small Balance, but they will not respond to calls or emails. I don't know what to do? As a result of this I decided to withdraw some of my funds from my Sigma Banc trading account, whilst I figured out what to do, but I have just received excuse after excuse and wont reply to my calls or emails. Can I really be this unlucky to be scammer by both companies ??? any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Can we have a website address, please?

How did you find these companys for investing? The websites are relatively new and likely setup purely for scamming!

1664992503465.png

1664992540185.png

Hi, In Jan this year I responded to a online ad after searching different sites in order to learn about the crypto market, I had been thinking of investing but didn't know what was involved. I was then contacted by
1664993580648.png
he explained that he could show me how to trade myself or I could use his company and they would manage any trades/investment I want to take part in. after a month or two I decided I did not have the knowledge or time really for this, he offered to trade on my behalf to show me what could be achieved. I had already invested a small amount and so agreed. This is how it began small trades and small profits. After a while and quite a few trades some losses and gains, they transferred my account to Main-Bit platform in the April. which is still linked to Smart Trade. I have a paper trail for all this, it's complicated. and I don't know how much to say on here. So sorry if this is not the right place to say this. The idea was for me to invest and not take anything till the end of the year and there were no red flags I thought.
Until I needed to access some of the funds for a family emergency in June by which time, I had a lot in my account. At this point I just wanted to take a fixed amount out which was only 10% of my equity and yet it was proving very difficult. Major Red Flag. This is when things turned and I was ignored, and found it very hard to speak to anyone, there were trades on my account I knew nothing about figures changing all the time as well as my balances. During this period, I would speak to one of my account managers assistants, she was very helpful and tried to get the issue sorted. I now know she is actually in a relationship with the account Manager and they too have lots of funds invested they have both being trying to help myself and other clients to get there funds I have a full record of all this and I believe he was trying to get the relevant documents in order to report the company to the relevant authorities, the last conversation i had was that they had been threaten to leave well alone. He is the chief Investment Manager and I have a contract with his signature on that he says is forged??? Obviously, I don't know how much of this to believe they could be involved 100%. As I said the company Smart Trade and their sub company Main Bit are linked it seems that there are a few key staff members in very key roles who are taking clients funds and because of who they are you either get stonewalled or get someone like Martin Baxter Head of Compliance who then performs a scam transaction on a testnet network!!! I don't know what to do, I have a lot of details recorded down times dates balances transactions etc but just don't know what to do with it all, in order to try and get my funds released.

With regards to Sigmabanc started to trade with them in July/Aug I decided back in June not to give Main-Bit any more Funds and thought a bank or a financial company would be a safer option. I checked they were regulated etc there website looked professional, and they were very strict in terms of trades, paperwork things had to be done according to the manual, ie financial plans monthly withdrawals etc a lot like working banks, again I only invested a small amount and a small amount of trades were carried out and profit made, then came the merger of ETH I was asked if I wanted to take part in a trade I agreed as most of the balance was profit, but told them I would be taking an amount out of the account if I did take part they agreed. whatever they did it worked and there was a large increase in the balance and two further trades were also good. At this time Id realized that I had been scammed by Main-Bit and needed to withdraw some of these funds to cover some things relating to the Main-Bit investing. They agreed it would be ok.
Two weeks ago, I was told I needed to pay a fee before I could withdraw, to cover the shortfall of the conversion rates when I had previously transferred funds from my Uk bank. This was the red flag I knew this wasn't right if I did owe any fees, they had my account there I told them to take it from the balance, but I would check with coinbase for all fees. I did this and the amount they wanted was 10x the fees I emailed them, advised them of the correct shortfall figure told them to speak to accounts and sent a statement copy for the fees from coinbase.
Since then I have emailed several times about my withdrawal and tried all the telephone numbers I have previously used, and nothing, no response!!! at all. The amount I wanted to withdraw was just over 60% so leaving 40%+ still in the account.
I have records of everything. Can you help me get my funds back with either of these companies??

original contact details :

1664998836532.png

+1 604 393 3709 - Canada

+44 2033 768497 - United Kingdom

+34 930 309 153 - Spain

+48 73 212 1833 - Poland

Hi, In Jan this year I responded to a online ad after searching different sites in order to learn about the crypto market, I had been thinking of investing but didn't know what was involved. I was then contacted by
View attachment 80018 he explained that he could show me how to trade myself or I could use his company and they would manage any trades/investment I want to take part in. after a month or two I decided I did not have the knowledge or time really for this, he offered to trade on my behalf to show me what could be achieved. I had already invested a small amount and so agreed. This is how it began small trades and small profits. After a while and quite a few trades some losses and gains, they transferred my account to Main-Bit platform in the April. which is still linked to Smart Trade. I have a paper trail for all this, it's complicated. and I don't know how much to say on here. So sorry if this is not the right place to say this. The idea was for me to invest and not take anything till the end of the year and there were no red flags I thought.
Until I needed to access some of the funds for a family emergency in June by which time, I had a lot in my account. At this point I just wanted to take a fixed amount out which was only 10% of my equity and yet it was proving very difficult. Major Red Flag. This is when things turned and I was ignored, and found it very hard to speak to anyone, there were trades on my account I knew nothing about figures changing all the time as well as my balances. During this period, I would speak to one of my account managers assistants, she was very helpful and tried to get the issue sorted. I now know she is actually in a relationship with the account Manager and they too have lots of funds invested they have both being trying to help myself and other clients to get there funds I have a full record of all this and I believe he was trying to get the relevant documents in order to report the company to the relevant authorities, the last conversation i had was that they had been threaten to leave well alone. He is the chief Investment Manager and I have a contract with his signature on that he says is forged??? Obviously, I don't know how much of this to believe they could be involved 100%. As I said the company Smart Trade and their sub company Main Bit are linked it seems that there are a few key staff members in very key roles who are taking clients funds and because of who they are you either get stonewalled or get someone like Martin Baxter Head of Compliance who then performs a scam transaction on a testnet network!!! I don't know what to do, I have a lot of details recorded down times dates balances transactions etc but just don't know what to do with it all, in order to try and get my funds released.

With regards to Sigmabanc started to trade with them in July/Aug I decided back in June not to give Main-Bit any more Funds and thought a bank or a financial company would be a safer option. I checked they were regulated etc there website looked professional, and they were very strict in terms of trades, paperwork things had to be done according to the manual, ie financial plans monthly withdrawals etc a lot like working banks, again I only invested a small amount and a small amount of trades were carried out and profit made, then came the merger of ETH I was asked if I wanted to take part in a trade I agreed as most of the balance was profit, but told them I would be taking an amount out of the account if I did take part they agreed. whatever they did it worked and there was a large increase in the balance and two further trades were also good. At this time Id realized that I had been scammed by Main-Bit and needed to withdraw some of these funds to cover some things relating to the Main-Bit investing. They agreed it would be ok.
Two weeks ago, I was told I needed to pay a fee before I could withdraw, to cover the shortfall of the conversion rates when I had previously transferred funds from my Uk bank. This was the red flag I knew this wasn't right if I did owe any fees, they had my account there I told them to take it from the balance, but I would check with coinbase for all fees. I did this and the amount they wanted was 10x the fees I emailed them, advised them of the correct shortfall figure told them to speak to accounts and sent a statement copy for the fees from coinbase.
Since then I have emailed several times about my withdrawal and tried all the telephone numbers I have previously used, and nothing, no response!!! at all. The amount I wanted to withdraw was just over 60% so leaving 40%+ still in the account.
I have records of everything. Can you help me get my funds back with either of these companies??

original contact details :

View attachment 80019
+1 604 393 3709 - Canada

+44 2033 768497 - United Kingdom

+34 930 309 153 - Spain

+48 73 212 1833 - Poland
Asking victims to pay fees and taxes for withdraws is part of the overall scam. It's likely all of the trades, profits, losses, etc. were 100% fake which is usually the case. What platform did you use to trade with, MetaTrader or something else?

Make sure to take screen shots of all communication, all transfers, all trades, their websites, etc. for your records. What country are you from so we can advise where to start reporting this fraud?

hi yes I have lots of screen shots and copies etc I am in the Uk .
I recommend to file a report with the FCA, FBI, your bank and the Global Anti-Scam Organization (GASO). Yes, the FBI accepts complaints from individuals in Europe. Please let us know if you need links to any of these forms, all are online.

I recommend to file a report with the FCA, FBI, your bank and the Global Anti-Scam Organization (GASO). Yes, the FBI accepts complaints from individuals in Europe. Please let us know if you need links to any of these forms, all are online.
Hi The Punisher,

We have been caught in a similar situation to the Tez thread - and we are at wit's end about what to do to withdraw funds, as we cannot make contact with them.

You give details in your response about where to report Sigmabanc: would you be good enough to provide email addresses/contacts as we are not sure where to look.

Kind regards and thanks for any help,

Anthony

Back