Manual Trading or Algo/EA Trading?

By far EA trading, that is making me far more money than any previous manual trading, you just have to know where to look for the right ones. There are some real gems, and some for free!
So where can i find good ea's with back testing and fxbook proof?

So where can i find good ea's with back testing and fxbook proof?
As many others, I'm also using both. Algo trading is more profitable for me so far. You can read reviews about brokers / traders who are offering Algo / Arbitrage / EA trading at this site as well as on myfxbook

Both for me. EAs are a great earn while you learn tool and become increasingly powerful the more you learn how to use them. Equally, I like the challenge of manual trading and the process. EAs are more about the money

EAs have always seemed like to much hassle for me. I tend to think long term with trades (weekly) so once I’ve found my entries I pretty much just set and forget unless big news coming up :)

Hi there,

I am also on the hybrid mixed mode camp. However, I learnt this the hard way...there are some great EAs out there but (and it’s a big but) if they don’t keep your account safe at any given sudden mega change in a currency pair then it’s a ticking time bomb.

The EA I currently use is a true hybrid model that I have created using a base model EA...this new hybrid stops in its track when sudden huge movement happens - it basically says to me to look at what is going on and gives me the option to let it continue what it’s doing or wait until the dust settles then strike back. I am so far very happy with it and it keeps my manual trading skills in check but only needed when the EA says “hello, I need your manual eyes on this” ☺️

Hi there,

I am also on the hybrid mixed mode camp. However, I learnt this the hard way...there are some great EAs out there but (and it’s a big but) if they don’t keep your account safe at any given sudden mega change in a currency pair then it’s a ticking time bomb.

The EA I currently use is a true hybrid model that I have created using a base model EA...this new hybrid stops in its track when sudden huge movement happens - it basically says to me to look at what is going on and gives me the option to let it continue what it’s doing or wait until the dust settles then strike back. I am so far very happy with it and it keeps my manual trading skills in check but only needed when the EA says “hello, I need your manual eyes on this” ☺
that sound very good i think you need to be hands on with any EA as the markets are not predictable would be great to see some results from this!

Hi Pezz55,.

Thanks for your post.

I am still testing the hybrid EA but so far so good. In fact the failsafe mechanism saved me from the huge surge last week of EUR/USD; the EA was on a sell (probably similar to many who read the market that way) all the way before the surge but it stopped making any further trades and gave me control...I did my own analysis and set the EA to strike again near the 1.11395 region (the big resistance up there)...the EA then made another trade and jumped onto that drop and closed all its trades in profit. I know for a fact if it wasn’t for the failsafe cut off mechanism it would have continued blindly making trades and god knows what would have happened.

Now I’m starting this new week fresh and with profit from last week. Let’s see how things progress. I will try to keep updating my results but like I mentioned before I am not looking to make anything out of this EA for the outer audience (even if it’s perfect to me or proves itself to me) - the reason being is that it’s a hybrid and as such the user needs to know price action to guide it when the failsafe for market surges strike again.

Thanks
Pheniox

Hi Pheniox123

I would like to have access to your hybrid EA. I have been on manual trading for too long now without any success tho all in demo. I harbor the desire to try out automated trading systems or even the hybrid type you said, but yet to find a genuine one. I will so much appreciate it if any of the community members can genuinely recommend a profitable system (both free and premium). I really need to go live trading

Phoniex123 I still anticipate a positive response from you.

Back