Manual Trading or Algo/EA Trading?

Hi Pheniox123

I would like to have access to your hybrid EA. I have been on manual trading for too long now without any success tho all in demo. I harbor the desire to try out automated trading systems or even the hybrid type you said, but yet to find a genuine one. I will so much appreciate it if any of the community members can genuinely recommend a profitable system (both free and premium). I really need to go live trading

Phoniex123 I still anticipate a positive response from you.

Hi Chibike94,

Thank you for your post.

I actually have made significant changes to my EA over the past couple of weeks. I figured out that even with the hybrid version I seem to sometimes get it wrong (the same as everyone else)...so my new plan (which I am testing) is that I let the EA work as normal but it still has its built in trend stoppage (not stoploss but it stops trading once it detects an unusual surge in one direction or another)...and will let it resume automatically once the trend surge has ended or the reversal is emerging. So far this new strategy is by far better than my old manual intervention one...as because the EA is emotionless it doesn’t stick to its trades (unlike me) and hence it won’t resume its work unless the price follows the original strategy.

Unfortunately I will not be sharing the EA, and before anyone blasts me for this; I will explain why:

1) The EA is still a working process and not fully perfect yet.

2) Every EA must be given the parameters it’s designed for and hence it needs certain balance and leverage requirements, lot restrictions etc. And if these are not carried out perfectly then it won’t work and once it doesn’t work guess who will get the blame.

3) I am not looking to sell this EA at all and my only intention is to share my tips and ultimately to make it my main trading system and hopefully be successful to make me reach my goals (hence no need to sell it).

Thanks and forex is a challenging thing and just keep your lots low and one day you will pick it up (I am still not great on manual but I am getting better with practice; which unfortunately takes years).

Pheniox

I really appreciate your timely response and also your deligence and the work you've put in developing your system. I understand the reasons you gave out for not sharing the system though I'm taking the first reason exclusively

Please once you've developed it to perfection or near perfection share with us. This is what a site like this should be providing each other with necessary and genuine info, systems etc on how to better our trading experience

I personally would love to have access to it once you've developed confidence in it.

Thank you for understanding Chibike94.

Who knows what will happen once it’s fully perfect and I am confident in its performance for a long time...if everything works out I might consider sharing it (but if I do I will share it for free so no liability can be put on me for it’s use - hopefully by then I would have made my money from forex so I can retire :D).

Manual trading is the better option as most of the EA I am seeing in current market are just Martingale. Different companies marketing in different ways to say it algo trading but the truth is they are just martingale EA. If it has to be martingale, it can be done better manually.

just shows that Manuel trading will always be better due to being able to think and react to changing markets

Both for me and each require a different mindset. I think manual trading is more profitable but if you can find a decent EA(s) that make money why not add a relatively passive extra income stream.

Ea needs if your knowledges are poor..or..big enough to create ea yourown.. in other cases manual trading.. I trade manually indeed..lol..

Hello Traders. Just curious which way of trading do you prefer and why? First off, to each his own! Myself, I prefer to be hands on. If anyone is going to lose my money I'd rather be me than some Bot lol. I enjoy the challenge of managing my own trades and I'm the only one accountable.
Although Manual trading takes time and sometimes our emotions get in the way, I prefer manual trading over Algo trading.

Algotrading does not guarantee the future and I had trouble getting a programmer. Also hiring a programmer who doesn't charge much and messes with me was a challenge.

I am still open to trying out Automated trading but for now I am sticking with the manual one.

Back