Margin call reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer

Recruit
I got a message of margin call reached with - $15.60 but my floating two trades does have negative with around - $50 in total and after that due to margin call reached one of my trade got stop out. But my acc still have around $190. Due to you guys suddenly send me margin call reached wrongfully and one of my trade got stop out. Please get back to me

I got a message of margin call reached with - $15.60 but my floating two trades does have negative with around - $50 in total and after that due to margin call reached one of my trade got stop out. But my acc still have around $190. Due to you guys suddenly send me margin call reached wrongfully and one of my trade got stop out. Please get back to me

Each broker has it's own rules regarding margin, check with your broker, I have brokers that if the floating balance goes below 20%, it will automatically start closing the highest losing trade to accommodate the margin requirement, if it falls again below 20%, it will close the next trade and so on, specially after 2015 SNB news, brokers around the world increased the required margin, specially the ones from UK. This is probably the reason. Did you get a reply from your broker about it? But as I said, this is probably the reason.

Each broker has it's own rules regarding margin, check with your broker, I have brokers that if the floating balance goes below 20%, it will automatically start closing the highest losing trade to accommodate the margin requirement, if it falls again below 20%, it will close the next trade and so on, specially after 2015 SNB news, brokers around the world increased the required margin, specially the ones from UK. This is probably the reason. Did you get a reply from your broker about it? But as I said, this is probably the reason.

Still trade with my broker, they successfully managed to handle SNB black swan, but leverage and margin requirements stay the same. Guess only brokers with bad risk management were affected

With a legit broker margin call goes from 100% level and stop out is 40-50%. Again, if broker has a very low stop out level there is a risk to end up with negative balance once all trades are closed. Guess what it means? Broker's money is lost on top of yours and not a single broker wants to have it.

Again, a legit broker doesn't make money when you lose, remember it

Broker to broker margin call varies. There are many broker who automatically close margin calls after traders balance goes below a certain percentage. So, you should check with your broker that in what percentage they close the losing trades. Now a days the percentage of broker are gradually increasing. Marcelo Rosa said exactly right that especially UK broker increase their required margins. It just because of broker also wanted to stay safe.

In this case no doubt you have to adress your broker. Otherwise it's gonna be hard to understand and decide it.

Yes, it is possible, but if you notice such moments on a regular basis, I would consider it as a reason to change the brokerage company. I don't like it when something unplanned happens and something that leads to a loss of capital.

I think you need to check rules broker regarding stop out and margin call, margin call is such condition which margin level reached a certain threshold, let say 50% some broker sends a notification email if they have rules stop out level same with margin call level hence order will be closed from the bigger position if you have some order until margin level above 50% again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back