Margin Call??

What does a margin call looks like??

As for your 11 cents balance in micro account, if you multiply that with 500 (1:500 leverage) you get 55 points (which is 11% of usd5 micro account). Depending on your leverage and brokers margin requirement, you are still safe...at least for just a little while longer, but hanging just by the skin of your teeth!

Do you mind explaining further bout the calculations??? or is there any link for the explanation?? Thanks! :)

Usually Brokers call their heavy clients. You probably understand that it is impossible for a firm to call thousands of clients when they reach the margin-call level. If a client makes large deposits, he will receive the VIP service you are talking about, but don't expect it for a micro or small account.

Margin call varies among brokers and you should find that info in your broker's web site or ask your broker directly.

Whaaaat??? You, the great son of Ra'a, got margin call..and twice???...
Whooooh, now that makes me, a mere mortal, feels very much better! : )

The second one came about 30 seconds after the first. I blame the bot and the SNB.

Ah well, that's why you aren't supposed to trade money you can't afford to lose. Still, I'd have been happier if it hadn't happened.

I think that means that your broker can nail you anywhere between 10 and 20%. I'd suggest asking them exactly what they mean.

Alternatively, if you aren't trading with a crazed robot during an SNB intervention, never risk enough to find out.

I think that means that your broker can nail you anywhere between 10 and 20%. I'd suggest asking them exactly what they mean.

Alternatively, if you aren't trading with a crazed robot during an SNB intervention, never risk enough to find out.

Margin call level (level of required margin) is the ratio (of the total of
balance and floating profit deducting floating loss) to a marginal requirement
(deposit) expressed in percentages.

This is what my broker told me...so that means....it's

(Equity/margin requirement)x100%??

But what's the margin requirement value???

A margin call is a notification from your broker requiring you to add funds to your trading account to meet the minimum margin requirements. It typically occurs when the equity in your account falls below a certain threshold relative to the margin you have used.

Back