1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

market maker brokers

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by dave alexander, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dave alexander

dave alexander Recruit

Should you stay away from market maker brokers at all costs? I notice on the forum that a broker such as WSD from New Zealand which is a market maker has reasonably good reviews and in contrast FXCM who as I understand it, isn’t a market maker has some scathing reviews. I live in NZ and would like to trade with a NZ based broker but have always been reluctant because they are all, as far as I know:(:( market makers in this country. I would welcome any comments on this subject.

2. ernest8fingers

ernest8fingers Master Sergeant

Well I have a recent MicroAccount thru FXCM and I can tell u that their trading environment has improved 100%. Their Micro Account IS a DealingDesk environment too. This hasn't mattered in the least. I think it was me personally who left a large chunk of those "hate" posts prior to my recent test of their services. Not all MM are evil. I had a mini thru FXPro.com(MM) and I did great. As long as they send the money-doesnt matter to me. So far, FXCM has not let me down(they have performed better than my expectations in fact). I only day trade(dont scalp) and only place trades at open of NY session or open of London session. Works well for me as I suffer from acute "drawdown anxiety". What ever Broker you choose-remember always-they are only as good(honest/reliable)as the people that work there and/or owners integrity. More than one Broker listed in this forums Broker Review section have improved dramatically since I have been a FPA memeber(of course many have disappeared too) I would tend to rely more heavily on RECENT reviews than ones that may be years old-FXCM is just one good example. Good luck.:)