market maker brokers

dave alexander

Recruit
Should you stay away from market maker brokers at all costs? I notice on the forum that a broker such as WSD from New Zealand which is a market maker has reasonably good reviews and in contrast FXCM who as I understand it, isn’t a market maker has some scathing reviews. I live in NZ and would like to trade with a NZ based broker but have always been reluctant because they are all, as far as I know:(:( market makers in this country. I would welcome any comments on this subject.

Well I have a recent MicroAccount thru FXCM and I can tell u that their trading environment has improved 100%. Their Micro Account IS a DealingDesk environment too. This hasn't mattered in the least. I think it was me personally who left a large chunk of those "hate" posts prior to my recent test of their services. Not all MM are evil. I had a mini thru FXPro.com(MM) and I did great. As long as they send the money-doesnt matter to me. So far, FXCM has not let me down(they have performed better than my expectations in fact). I only day trade(dont scalp) and only place trades at open of NY session or open of London session. Works well for me as I suffer from acute "drawdown anxiety". What ever Broker you choose-remember always-they are only as good(honest/reliable)as the people that work there and/or owners integrity. More than one Broker listed in this forums Broker Review section have improved dramatically since I have been a FPA memeber(of course many have disappeared too) I would tend to rely more heavily on RECENT reviews than ones that may be years old-FXCM is just one good example. Good luck.:)

Back