MAs

lincolnppl

Private
Hello.
On the EUR/USD chart which SMAs EMA-s are used? So the most of people use 20 50 100 200?
Is there any interesting expiriences you had with a special pair of MAs?

Yes it depends on your personality (goals, time, capital, account type...e.t.c). Some combinations give faster signals while others are long time framed signals, which are more reliable.

The experiences are great and near perfect in a trend market situation. I did a research using 6 months data while trying a 10/26 and 200 MAs. I found out that all things being equal you'll get 50 good crosses to trade out of 55 or 60.

But it needs constant practice to understand fakeouts, noise, false entries, when to exit and best time to enter, e.t.c.

For me i prefer the lower settings (SMA/EMA) mixed with a 200 SMA for any pair. It works great.

Hello.
On the EUR/USD chart which SMAs EMA-s are used? So the most of people use 20 50 100 200?
Is there any interesting expiriences you had with a special pair of MAs?
Interesting that you only had one reply.
does that mean only very few here use MAs?

MAs are great tools, they can act as dynamic supports or resistances.
You must experiment to find out which one/s suit/s your strategy.

Don't limit your exploration to SMAs and EMAs. there are a few other types (WMA, LWMA, JMA, etc). Having said that, they all plot nearly the same on a chart, you just need to adjust the MA values. For example, xx-period SMA is equal/looks just like xx-period EMA.

Personally, I used mostly LWMAs a few years ago. Now, I just stick with SMA & EMA.

I spend a lot of my time playing with multiple MAs per Guppy.
Hi All
I use MAs
I am experimenting with a 50/200 combination. Pharaoh I like the Guppy's too - Just trying to reduce the chaos on my screen ;)
I am very much a beginner still even though I have been at this for the last year. I have a full time job also, so it's hard to find the time to trade myself. However, I like it and will keep it up in my spare time.
James

After reading Sive's thoughts on DMAs in Forex Military School, I'm personally wondering if I can find a way to use those to build a Super Guppy system.

I had an EA coded with sive's 3x3 and 25x5. Chopped to death in forward demo. Tried a lot of settings. For what it's worth, for me it seemed like a dead end.

I had an EA coded with sive's 3x3 and 25x5. Chopped to death in forward demo. Tried a lot of settings. For what it's worth, for me it seemed like a dead end.
depending on your settings, it is either the EA coding is flawed or your MA settings is unsatisfactory.
You must understand that MAs lag price and do not always work, specially in ranging markets.

here is the MA EA

Here is the EA. If you find the magic settings, let me know. It's a very robust ea with a lot of settings. Attached is the original instructions with the original EA. Cost me about $100 to alter someone's existing code to make it what I wanted. Sorry to say this but I can't remember for sure the logic I used to make this since it was a while ago. I'm pretty sure I had it work so that it opened a price only if: (for a sell position) the price was below the fast MA+ the fast MA was below the slow MA and the exit was when the price closed across the fast MA. The buy position was opened for the opposite logic. Probaly needs a time feature added meaning it will only trade during the NY London overlap and closes all positions at the end of the day, or something like that. Seemed promising but I couldn't get consistent results. So I kept watching Sive's video's....
One cool use of MA's is to indicate trend. Amazing how trading with a trend is a super reliable trade, in the long run, and with good money managment can make some serious pips.

Attachments

• MACrossEA_V1.0 unlocked.mq4
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Universal EMA cross EA instructions.docx
    18.8 KB · Views: 14
Back